Toppled

The Flower Mannequins [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene slowly stepped her feet toward the entrance of a modern minimalist small house in downtown Seoul. She used to go there everyday but now she hadn’t been there for almost two weeks. She grabbed a key from her purse and plugged it onto the keyhole. She twisted it but it’s stuck. She plugged out the key and reached for the doorknob and as expected, the door’s unlocked.

She carefully stepped inside and flinched when she found mess right after she went in. She closed the door and looked around for minutes as she felt her heart sinking. Taemin is never a person who likes mess. He’s a perfectionist type one; he always put everything in places neatly and arranged but now his house looked like a shed.

She immediately trotted upstairs to check on Taemin. She went straight to his room and nonchalantly opened the door. Her phone dropped when she saw a girl on his bed with Taemin beside her. Clothes, bottles, and cans scattered anywhere and the room gave off a reeking smell of alcohol and smokes. Irene wiped off her dropping tears and approached Taemin. She nudged his body harshly to wake him up from his sleep.

The girl woke up first since she could feel the wobble from the slightly shaking bed. She startled when she saw Irene as she quickly bowed and looked around to search for her clothes. Irene picked up her clothes for her before she approached her.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” she coldly asked as she handed the clothes back to her.

“Are you his girlfriend? I’m sorry… I’m just doing my job,” she consecutively bowed with a frightened face.

“Job?” Irene knitted her bows already with an assumption in her head. “I’m an …” the girl ducked her head. Irene sighed as she rubbed her temple. She was going to scold her but it’s not her fault though. It’s Irene who started the war and it’s also her who made Taemin turned out that way. No matter how much wrong he was – she knew it all started from her.

“I will leave now,” the girl stood up and put her mini dress. She hurriedly search for her heels and grabbed her purse, but before she went out, she turned around, “I know how much wrong he is for paying an to accompany him, but I swear we didn’t make out. He just did some s but he never finished it. And are you Irene? Because he kept on wailing your name when he’s drunk. He’s crying – he looked so much in pain. I don’t mean to interfere; I’m just straightening things because it’s actually not as bad as you thought – though it’s still bad,” she didn’t wait for Irene to answer and immediately went out of the room.

Irene could feel her tears dropping when she heard the story. It’s her – it’s her who’s being childish and she did betray him for staying with Sehun all along. She should’ve just talked with him at the first place. She had been avoiding his calls and his texts. She just went away when he came to her. She just made up excuses whenever they met. It’s her – and she’s going to end it today.

She sat on the edge of the bed and nudged Taemin’s body once again. This time, Taemin started to move and yawned with his eyes still closed. “H-hey,” Irene slowly called him.

“Irene?” Taemin squinted to see the person who’s sitting beside him. He still dozed off from the alcohol and the sleep. It took him seconds before she shot up and realized that it was really Irene.

“Oh my God. You’re here,” he quickly pulled her onto his arms and hugged her tightly. He didn’t care that Irene didn’t hug him back. Thing was that she’s there and it’s already enough for him, considering the efforts he made to talk to her.

“I miss you so much. I thought I’ve lost you already,” he tightened his hug but Irene hadn’t yet hugged him back. Irene could feel her tears streaming down uncontrollably without her needed to blink her eyes.

She let go of the hug and wiped her tears. She looked up to Taemin and startled when she saw him crying. He’s smiling to her – but he’s crying. She craned her arms to wipe his tears and when she touched him, the feeling’s still there. The warmth, the feeling, the heart thump, it’s all still there. She thought she was losing it already but she’s not.

“I met her,” that was the first sentence slipped out of , “It’s okay. I got it. I’ve heard her explanation though,” she smiled bitterly. Taemin pulled her for another hug again, “I’m sorry… I was too much out of my mind. I was too mad. I was so desperate. I’m sorry…”

“I said it’s okay,” Irene patted his back and again, she let go of the hug first, “I’m also at the fault. I’m sorry,” she cupped his cheeks.

“What happened to you? Why are you being like this to me? Why’d you avoid me? Why’d you turn down my calls? Where did I do wrong?” he threw questions like bullets.

“I don’t know,” she shoved her hair, “I’m mad. I’m hurt. I love you so much but as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter