When Reality Messed Up

The Flower Mannequins [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal woke up from her picturesque dream and sighed, “Ah, it’s just a dream…,” she smiled bitterly to her self. Krystal roamed her eyes around and saw so many people passed out around her. The reeking smell of alcohol and vomit could be smelled sharply. Krystal tried to remember where she was, and found out that she’s at Taemin’s place.

Ever since the mannequins left, she spent her nights getting drunk. She’d be overworked on the day and went wild on the night. She’d barely be home. She’d whether woke up in her car, at her friend’s place, or sometimes in her office. She’d avoid going back home as much as she could. She’s wreaking her sadness by having fun and getting her self busy.

She tiptoed through the people who were sleeping on the floor. She went outside and get to her car. She reclined her seat, leaned down and sighed. That was really a good dream she had, it felt so real. She missed the boys so much but most of all, Kai was the one who’d bother her mind so much.

After she gathered her souls altogether, she the engine and drove off the place. It was 5AM on Sunday. The street was rather quiet. Krystal drove slowly while having her mind drive off somewhere. Where were the mannequins gone? She believed that none of them done their tasks yet. They’d often be home and they’d rarely help her. Even if one of them were meant to be in this world for her, it wouldn’t be all of them right?

Krystal decided to go to coffee shop nearby. She parked her car and changed her clothes briefly. She’d been keeping all her clothes and other stuffs in her car so she didn’t have to go home to change and clean.

She walked down the street with her eyes roamed around. She’s deciding which place she’d visit. She decided to go with some coffee in the morning since coffee stores are the only places that would open in early morning.

She went in and went straight to the order counter. She looked through the menu board while waiting for the cashier. A person went out of the staff room and greeted her without seeing her. He’s busy picking up something from the sink before he turned around to her.

“Good morning! How can I help you?” he turned around, “Krystal???”

Krystal startled at his sudden presence, and the fact that he knew her was taking her aback. She never remembered having a friend who’s working at a coffee shop. She turned her eyes to him and widened her eyes. She didn’t said a word as she rubbed her eyes in disbelief. She’s pinching her cheek to make sure that it wasn’t just a dream like before.

“Xiu oppa!!!” Krystal really wanted to jump off the counter and hugged him. Instead, Xiumin was the one who went out and approached her. “I’m not dreaming, am I?” Krystal beamed soon as she let go of the hug.

“Ani. Are you perhaps dreaming of something?” he asked innocently. Krystal then slapped his back while pouting, “Twelve of you! Where were you guys? Where are the others? How could you guys leave me without any notice? Not even a hint of warning was left! How could you guys disappear just like that? Don’t you guys miss me? Don’t you think about me? I was going back home with bags and bags of stuffs for you guys and I found none of you there!” she went wrathful while mentioning each of her sorrows.

Xiumin smiled and her hair, “I’m sorry that we left without telling you,” he simply answered. “Give me free caramel latte as an apology,” she whined. “Arasso,” Xiumin then went back to the counter and made her order.

Since it’s an early morning in Sunday, the place wasn’t packed. Krystal was the only costumer. Therefore, Xiumin could join her and talk, beside the fact from that she forced him to.

“What are you guys trying to do by leaving like that?” she continued to interrogate him after she explained how much she suffered from the loss. Xiumin just wisely smiled and gave her a short explanation, “We just had a deal to splatter around and done our task.”

“I thought you guys wanted to take your time so you would get to spend longer times in real world,” Krystal stubbornly said. “We changed our mind. Spending too much times here won’t be good,” Xiumin answered.

“It will be good!” she insisted. She wanted to counter everything Xiumin said so they’d change their mind and go back. “No it won’t,” he smiled bitterly, “The longer we stay here as we want to, the more we get to attach to people. We could even fall in love. That would be hard for both mannequins and the human,” he explained.

“It would be worse if we fall in love with someone who we didn’t belong to. To fall in love with the person in our dream would be bad too. We have no advantage by staying here too long. You know, we were sent here to help or to protect someone who appeared in our dream before without having to deal with love” he added, "Well actually, we better not."

Krystal’s eyes glistened. She thought it would be as simple as her dream where they’re just gone for a vacation and came back to her. But the reality messed her up. In reverse, they really did go away.

“So… where are the others?” she lifelessly asked. “I don’t know. We went our separate ways since we left your house. We decided not to transform into mannequin so we would get to finish our task sooner,” he ducked his head while smiling bitterly. It could be shown in his eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter