Punishment: Vanishing

The Flower Mannequins [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Krystal put down her hair dryer and fixed her hair. No, she wasn’t going to go anywhere; instead she’d just got back from work. It was a hell-tiring day since there were consecutive two important meetings in a day and her campus’s assignment really had to top it all.

She lazily threw her self to the bed and yawned. She stretched her body lifelessly and feeling like going to sleep straightly. She sighed and turned her body around to lie on her chest.

She opened her Macbook and turned it on. Once it’s on, she immediately checked on her mailbox to see if her classmate had mailed her the material for the presentation, but she hadn’t. Krystal called her to check and she said she forgot to send it so Krystal was told to wait for a while.

While waiting for the mail, she opened her folders to get pictures for her presentation. Her eyes locked to one folder that contained a folder that’s hidden on several layers of folder. She had been struggling not to open it but she couldn’t hold the urge to do so.

She looked through the photos one by one. She smiled to herself as she reminisced the good day. There were pictures of the mannequins trying out girl’s outfit and such. They did silly poses for pictures. They were so much having fun. Krystal started to feel her eyes teary again but she didn’t close the folder.

It’s down to pictures that contained Kai in it. She kept on rolling down the photo and stopped once. She’s stuck in a photo where Kai was framed looking at her from behind. His eyes were so soft when he looked at her. It looked so warm. There’s thin yet meaningful smile on his face as if he was treasuring picturesque scenery.

She moved to another photo and weirdly found one strange video. She remembered clearly that none of them recorded a photo booth’s video that day. She knitted her brows and saw the date first before she checked.

27th April 2014.

It’s the day after the presentation day. She couldn’t be wrong; her presentation day was in 26th of April. She tried to remember when she went the day after, and all she remembered was waking up next to Irene and half- Taemin in the morning.

She opened the video and to her surprise, it was Kai who appeared in front of the camera. He smiled warmly to her. She took seconds to digest before she dare her self to press the play button.

“Annyeong Krystal,” he waved to the camera.

“Sorry for being so cheesy by making this video,” he chuckled bitterly. “You must’ve found us missing now, hm? Sorry for leaving you just like that. We feel so bad but this is what we really need to do in order to prevent you from being sad.”

“Thank you for the past two weeks. It was so great for me to come to you at the first time I came to the real world. I might’ve been such a at you but really; I never intended to hurt you or anything. It’s just... I do nothing better than smirking and flirting,” he shyly giggled to him self as he scratched his nape.

“Promise us that you’ll do just fine when we’re gone. I know I’m overwhelmed by confidence but really, let me guess that you must be screwing up the night when we’re gone right? Let your self to adjust things slowly and live good as you used to before we came into your life.”

“Take a really good care of your self. Don’t forget to eat on time, I hate it when you nonchalantly skip your eat times for work. Don’t forget to lock the entrance’s door. Really, it would always be me who lock the front door every freaking night. Ah! Don’t forget to put clothes when you sleep; you might catch cold, you know? Don’t forget to put your health first before anything. I hate it when you choose to wake up earlier just to get ready and sacrifice your precious sleeping times. Your dark circles are getting even more ugly, you know? And don’t drive thoughtlessly. Safety always comes first, remember!” he swung his index finger cutely to the camera.

“And… you know. Your boss seems like a good person and I believe he is. His feelings for you are real. I barely know him but I just know it. Give him a little chance, okay? I think he would be perfect for you. He would be responsible for you,” he smiled sincerely. He might say so but his eyes were showing a clear sadness and a heavy heart.

“I will go now Krys. Kkanta! Annyeong,” Kai waved to the camera for last and ended the video.

Krystal remained silent as her tears flow down her cheeks. She never thought he would ever leave her such video like that. It's even more saddening at the fact that he didn’t mention anything related to his feelings toward her. He even told her to give TOP a try. She didn’t know why but she actually hoped he’d prevent her from falling for TOP.

“So he just simply never likes me, right? Mind-ed,” Krystal muttered to her self and chuckled bitterly. She stormed out of her room and went downstairs to grab some beer from the fridge.

She was going to sit on the couch but her mind diverted to the knocking voice from the door. She flinched from the shock and looked up to the wall clock. It’s 11:43PM but who could be coming at this hour?

She hesitantly walked to the door. She had this fear haunting here the past few days since she noticed someone was following her lately. She thought it could be that person so she’s so scared at the time. She bitten her lips nervous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter