Chapter 5

So Close

Yiyun and Key headed back to the apartment. They rode quietly. Key felt really sorry for Krystal. She wished her lover could just come and see her. Wait...didn't she say that she had a lover and a boyfriend? Maybe she got a boyfriend to make her lover jealous? That would explain her disappearance. But for three years? Maybe Krystal was a cheater and her lover left her. But why would she wait at the pool grounds? Key was so deep in thought, he didn't notice that the car had stopped.

"Key." Yiyun said. Key looked at her and realized she was worried.

"Why are you being so quiet? It's not like you and it's creeping me out. Are you okay?" She asked.

Key nodded and forced a smile. 

"I was just thinking of something." He said.

"Probably how to get that redhead in bed..." Yiyun muttered. Key raised and eyebrow.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing!" Yiyun smiled when Key started complaining about wanting to know what she said. They walked into the apartment and inhaled the smell of pizza.

"Aww, you two are back...I was planning to finished the pizza if I didn't see you at 12."

"Hyung!" Yiyun and Key shouted at the same time. They were wearing eye to eye smiles. 

"Yaah, don't scream so much! Happy Camp is on!" Said a handsome blonde (a/n: I'm not sure if Donghae's hair is really blonde but it will be in the book...for certain purposes...>:D).

"Oh, Donghae oppa! I borrowed your car. I hope it's alright." Yiyun remembered. Donghae shrugged, waving her off with a piece if pizza. 

"What's done is done. Now sit down with your hyung and eat the damn pizza." He replied.

Key and Yiyun nodded, smiling and sitting down.

They watched Happy Camp with guest stars, m(x).

"I like Ander's rapping and also his style. He seems the most boyish out of the group." Yiyun said. Donghae frowned.

"What are you talking about? Dulli has the cutest face! And Kuna's voice is just incredible!" He argued.

"Yaah, don't forget about Kris-Toll's body! He has the ideal male image! Oh, and Victor-ah's like the final package! How can you ignore him?" Key interjected. The boys and girl argued about the members of m(x) (a/n: Get it? ??F(x)? Female(x)? M(x)? Male(x)?...it was funnier in my head...).

They finished the pizza and Yiyun left to take a shower. He smelled a lit like chlorine. Key and Donghae just watched more Happy Camp. The doorbell suddenly ran. Key got up and opened the door while Donghae scratched his man hood. 

"Krystal-shi?" Key said. Krystal was standing in the doorway holding a package in a delivery girl uniform.

"Key?" She asked, surprised. After about a second, she regained herself and took out a clipboard.

"Sign this please." 

Key took the pen offered by her and signed the paper. She handed him the package and turned around. Key grabbed her hand.

"Wait. Why don't you come in and take a break?" Key suggested. Krystal shook her head. 

"I have a lot of work to do." She replied.

Key smiled.

"Don't you want your customer to be satisfied?" He asked. Krystal smiled meekly.

"I'm a deliverer, not a e you ert." She responded. Key threw down her hand and folded his hands to his chest. 

"Yaah, you took it the wrong way. Just get in here." He said.

"Key! What's taking you so long? A Korean drama is about to start." Donghae called. Key went inside and told Krystal to come in. She followed reluctantly. 

"Sorry, I was inviting my friend inside." Key said. He suddenly remembered the package in his hand and tossed it to Donghae. 

Donghae caught it and looked at the package carefully. His eyes suddenly widened with glee. 

"This is the new Superman action figure number 468! There are only 8 in the whole world! I can't believe I finally got it!" Donghae yelled while he was ripping the box apart. He carelessly threw pieces of cardboard around and once he finished, there was an action figure in a clear plastic box. Key and Donghae gasped.

"This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." Donghae said. Key nodded. He sent his hand out to touch the box but Donghae slapped it.

"Yaaah! Oppa! Just let me see it!" Key complained.

"You're seeing it now aren't you? I don't want your grubby little fingers on my genuine action figure!" Donghae yelled back. 

"Oppa! My hands are clean! You see?!" 

"Get your disgusting little hands away from my face! Do you want to die?!"

"Aish! You're so mean! I just want to see it!"

"You're seeing it now, you little annoying Dino! If you try to touch it again, I will personally remove you arms from your body!"

"Aish! So scary and mean!"

While they were arguing, Krystal was silently smiling. She saw a sudden movement in the hallway and looked at it. She quickly blushed and willed her eyes to look down but they didn't listen.

"I just want to hold it! Just let me-" Key looked at Krystal. She was staring at something in the hallway and her face was nearly as red as her face. He poked Donghae but he already noticed. They looked down the hallway and immediately wished they didn't. 

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!! You stupid blonde Dino! What are you doing in my hallway!" Donghae shouted.

The blonde was facing away from the group of people and walking towards the room, her hair wet.

"Your bathroom didn't have any extra towels. I'll get AIDS if I use any of your towels anyway." She simply said. She held on the the knob of her room, trying to turn it with her slippery hands.

"Don't walk in my hallway!" Donghae yelled. Yiyun finally opened the door. Going inside, she shouted "You're not the boss of me!" The door close and all was silent except for Donghae's threats to cut open a dino.

"I..." Krystal stood up, her eyes watering and her face suddenly pale even though it had been cherry red seconds ago.

Key looked at her expectantly. 

"I...have to...go. I'm...I'm sorry for intruding..." She apologized, bowing at Donghae. Donghae just waved her off, admiring his action figure. Key walked her to the door. Just a second ago, she had been smiling, amused of all the commotion and now...she looked like she had seen a ghost...(a/n: Yeah...the ghost of the sun on Yiyun's xDD)

"Are you okay, Krystal-shi?" Key asked. Krystal just faked a smile and nodded. She ran away from the apartment and into the delivery truck. Once she was inside, she let her tears fall. 

'You're not the boss of me'. Amber's last words to Krystal before she left. She remembered every moment with Amber that night. Although she had been drunk, she could remember it as if it happened yesterday. She cursed herself for being drunk. If she hadn't been drunk, she would have probably known where Amber went...

She quickly wiped her tears away and started the car. She took out a piece of paper and read the address. She drove away from the apartment, not knowing that Key had been watching her from the apartment window.

Key closed the blind and sighed. Why was that beautiful girl so sad? He ignored Donghae and went to Yiyun's room. 

"Yaah, don't you know a girl is changing in here? You really are a ert. Ever heard of knock-" Yiyun complained. 

"Shut up. I need to talk to you." Key rolled his eyes.

Yiyun immediately caught the seriousness in his voice. She quickly pulled up her sweatpants. Key didn't understand why she was being melodramatic about it; Yiyun was wearing shorts under the sweatpants.

"What is it?" She asked, sitting down on her bed. Key closed the door and leaned on the wall opposite to her.

"You're a girl and one of my friends needs help. She seems like she's in some kind of mental pain. She...she said she was looking for her lover but she had a boyfriend. She hasn't seen her lover in about three years and I don't think that's healthy for her. Do you think you can just go on a date with her once? Maybe take her mind off of things? I have a feeling her lover may not be coming back." Key explained.

Yiyun was deep in thought. She slowly shook her head.

"We're going back to China tomorrow. I don't think there's enough time. I'm sorry." Yiyun said. Key's face sank. 

"It's alright. I just thought I could help her..." He replied.

They both sat in silence until Yiyun's face suddenly lit up. 

"Hey, it's my birthday and it's still pretty early. How about we go shopping for some clothes and souvenirs then at night we can finally drink red champagne at a bar til they kick us out. How about that?" She offered. At the sound of red champagne, Key's face lit up again. 

"Yes!" He yelled. "Let's get drunk til we feel like dying in the morning!" Yiyun chuckled. They left the room and dragged a protesting Donghae out and into the car. 

"I just got to the best part! Dulli was about to kiss Minher!" Donghae complained. He saw the confused faces on the others.

"To the beautiful you? Ever heard of it?" Donghae asked. They shook their heads (a/n: Sorry for so many author's note but 'To the beautiful you' is an amazing Korean drama. You can download the Dramafever app and watch it for free..author-shi will stop with the author notes now...*crawls into hole*).

Donghae shook his head. 

"Just more proof that you two spend too much time watching lewd videos instead of real t.v. This got a reaction from them.

They all argued about the importance of going out and working and whether or not to watch t.v. all day. They spent the day at a clothing store buying clothing that they thought were good. Yiyun found a llama costume/pajamas and swore to wear it every Friday once she got home. Key and Donghae got matching Superman costumes/pajamas. Once they finished trying them on, Yiyun went to the dressing rooms for her turn. Once she finished, she left the dressing room.

"Guys, look." She said holding up a mask. "It comes with a face. She put in on and got on her hands and feet, her sticking up.

"Daebakk! You look like a real llama, Yiyun-shi!" Key exclaimed. Donghae nodded, agreeing while observing the costume.

Yiyun removed the mask and checked her watch. 

"Hey Key, Hyung. We better go to the bar now if we want to drink as much as we can before the usual mob of drunks get there." Yiyun said. Key pumped his fist in the air with a big smile and ran towards the cashier, paying hurriedly. He quickly ran out of the store while Yiyun changed back and  paid for hers. She met Donghae and Key in the car and jumped inside.

"Red champagne, here we come!" Key exclaimed. Yiyun smiled. 

Happy birthday to me, she thought.