Chapter 18

So Close

Krystal sighed as a warm hand caressed her face. She reached over and held the hand in place. Amber chuckled lowly at the movement.

A little TOO low.

Krystal's eyes snapped open. Above her was a smiling handsome brunette. 

"Morning, Krys-" Minho was interrupted by a hard jab to his jaw. He fell backwards onto the ground. 

"What the-" he protested.

"Minho! You annoying ert! You'll never stop will you?!
" Krystal yelled. Minho held his jaw tenderly.

"I don't know wh-" he started. 

"Why am I here?" Krystal interjected.

"In my apartment-" Minho replied.

"Why?!" Krystal screeched.

"I didn't want you to-" Minho tried to say but Krystal interrupted him again.

"You kidnapped me from a hospital! You creep. Where's Amber?" Krystal asked, coldly. Minho frowned and finally got up.

"Still in the hospital. She was awake and she didn't want you in the room anymore. That's why I took you." Minho said. Krystal folded her arms.

"Why should I believe you? You told me that Amber was dead." Krystal replied. Minho scoffed.

"Your dad said that." Minho said. "I was in the car, grimacing because of your stupid-" 

Krystal groaned and rolled her eyes.

"I don't care about your sob story. I have to go home." Krystal said as she began to head out the door. Minho grabbed her before she reached the door knob.

Krystal looked at his hand on her arm then looked back at Minho.

"Let. Go. Of. Me." She said deadly. Minho didn't budge.

"I don't want you near Amber. Neither does she." He said. Krystal tried to pull her arm free but Minho only tightened his grip.

"She told me she was tired of you hanging around her like a leech." He continued.

"You're lying!" Krystal said. Minho still stayed the same. He pulled her closer.

"She told me she doesn't like you, Krystal. I don't want you to get hurt. When Amber decided to go to China, nobody forced her. She wanted to get away from you." Minho said. Krystal felt her heart shatter. She couldn't believe Minho. She knew he was untrustworthy, but she could help but let a tear slip from her eyes. Minho pulled her into a hug as Krystal began sobbing.

"I'm sorry Krystal. This whole time I was trying to protect you. I really love you and I felt I couldn't just stand there and-yaaaaaaAAAAAAHHHH!" Minho let go of Krystal and fell to the ground, holding his area once again.

"You creep." Krystal said, her voice breaking. "Don't touch me again." 

She left the apartment building and into the hallway. She stopped suddenly when she realized something.

The hallway was familiar.

She looked around at the doors.

234. 235...236...

She twisted the door knob and was surprised when the door opened. She walked in as she heard another doorknob open.

"Krystal-shi? Is that you?" A voice called from the kitchen. A cute brunette walked out of the kitchen with a messy apron and powdered hands.

"Hey Sulli." Krystal said, faking a smile. Sulli frowned.

"What's wrong?" She asked. Krystal opened to answer when a deep voice called her name.

"Krystal! Krystal...aish...this girl...Krystal!" 

Krystal shot a glare at Sulli, silencing her from answering. When Minho went away, Sulli pulled Krystal to the couch.

"What's-" she started.

"That was an annoying nerd that stalks me. Just ignore him. Please." Krystal said. 

"Is that why you're crying? Did he do something to you?" Sulli asked, her voice rising in anger. Krystal shook her head and looked down.

"He told me something I didn't want to hear." She admitted.

"What was it?" Sulli asked gently. Krystal blushed.

"He told me that who I liked didn't like me anymore...I don't want to believe him but..." She stopped. Sulli stood up and walked to the kitchen. She came back seconds later with her hands washed and her apron gone.

"Let's go and talk to your crush then. There must be some kind of mistake." She said. When she saw Krystal look down, she frowned.

"C'mon, let's go." She said. When Krystal didn't move, she tried to ask for Krystal's crush's name. When Krystal blushed, she suddenly knew who it was.

"Oh..." She said. Krystal looked up at Sulli and smiled to try and cheer up the brunette.

"Sulli-shi. Yiyun likes you. She just doesn't like me." Krystal said. She shrugged. "I can find someone else. In fact you should visit her. She should be awake by now."

Sulli looked unsure so Krystal stood up and pulled Sulli out of the apartment and to the car. She forced the reluctant brunette inside and drove to the hospital. 

Once they arrived, Krystal gripped the wheel until her knuckles turned white. 

"You have to confess to Yiyun." She said. Sulli's eyes widened.

"I'm not-" she protested. Krystal looked at her steely. 

"Yes you are. If you don't, I'll tell her you like her." She said. Sulli sighed and nodded. They both exited the car and went inside the hospital. 

"What if she says she doesn't like me back?" Sulli suddenly asked when they were near Yiyun's hospital room. Krystal rolled her eyes.

"If she doesn't like me or you, who else is she going to like?" Krystal asked. 

"Key." Sulli said immediately. Krystal sighed.

"I think we both know that they wouldn't date. They're only good friends." Krystal said.

"But they live in the same apartment. Imagine what they would do. By now, they must have already...you know..." Sulli blurted. 

"Sulli! Get your in there. Stop being like this." Krystal said. She pushed Sulli inside the hospital room.

"I love her, Key." Yiyun said. She saw Sulli walk into the room and immediately blushed violently.

"S-Sulli-shi...hey..." She said. Sulli blinked. 

"You...you love me?..." She asked. Key breathed out a sigh.

"Yes. She was going on an annoying rant about how much she love you." Key said. Yiyun glanced at Key dangerously but Key shrugged it off. 

Then, Sulli did the last thing on her mind.

She walked over to Yiyun, leaned over her, and kissed her. Key's eyes moved over to the couple and saw a flash of a familiar red color. He looked at the door to see Krystal. 

She was looking at Sulli and Yiyun. She noticed Key watching her and smiled sadly the left.

Sulli pulled away, breathing hard. Her heart was beating fast. So was Yiyun's.

"Key, get out." Yiyun said. 

"Gladly." He replied, leaving the room and following Krystal. Before he closed the door, he glanced at Yiyun.

She had begun to kiss Sulli again.