Chapter 17

So Close

Yiyun woke up in the best way possible. With a beautiful girl sleeping in her arms.

She looked around, realizing she was in a hospital room. She had a massive head ache and as she reached to touch her temple, she realized that there was a wet bandage on her head. She uncovered herself from the sheets and gasped at her bandaged abdomen. She grimaced in agony as a sharp burst of pain hit her lungs. She poked the right side of her stomach, where her rubs were and immediately regretted it. She hissed as the pain stabbed her lungs again. The door suddenly opened.

Key walked in with a tray of food and a can of soda. His eyebrows raised up.

"You're up. That's a good sign. I was beginning to get dizzy." He said. It was Yiyun's turn to raise her eyebrows.

"Did you donate blood for me?" Yiyun asked, shocked. Key only shrugged.

"It was mostly for Sulli but when I actually thought it over, I asked myself, 'Who would I annoy if you're gone?'" Key joked then he laughed.

Yiyun rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Do you remember what happened?" Key suddenly asked. Yiyun thought for a moment then nodded.

"I was hit by a car." She said simply. Key's eyes widened.

"Are you really that stupid?" He asked. Yiyun shook her head. 

"Krystal was standing in the middle of the road and I just ran there at the right time." She said. Key approvingly nodded.

"She could have lost a lot of blood...did you know she's anemic?" Key asked. Yiyun looked at the girl. She was paler than usual. A sudden scary thought entered her mind. Key waved her off as if reading her mind. 

"She donated some blood but I gave some of mine to both you and her. She's fine, Yiyun." He said. Yiyun relaxed. The door suddenly opened and a doctor walked in. He noticed Yiyun was up so he walked up the her side. 

"Can you breathe well?" He asked. Yiyun nodded.

"It hurts a bit but it's bearable." She replied. The doctor nodded and took off the bandage on Yiyun's forehead. Yiyun saw a glimpse of it before the doctor threw it in the trash.

It was a dark red.

The doctor added a new bandage and tied a bit tighter than the last. Before he left again, he looked at Krystal and Key.

"You have very caring friends. The redhead threatened to put me in jail if I didn't take her blood. And this fellow right here..." The doctor pointed to Key. "He's just a plain diva."

"Hey!" Key protested. The doctor smiled.

"See?" He said. Yiyun laughed but it was a mistake. She groaned as her ribs ached. The doctor dropped his smile and went to Yiyun's side.

"Sorry. I forgot you shouldn't laugh." He said. Yiyun only shrugged him off. The doctor left the room, saying he was going to get pain medications. Key folded his arms angrily.

"I don't like him." He complained. Yiyun lightly chuckled, bringing the pain back. 

"Yaah, are you trying to kill yourself? Stop laughing." Key said. Yiyun grimly obeyed. They remained in silence until Krystal stirred but did not wake up.

"I wonder where Sulli is..." Yiyun muttered, suddenly realizing she was missing. Key's face sank.

"She visited you earlier but you were still asleep. She had to go back to work but she said she would come back." Key explained. Yiyun saddened. 

"She had something to ask me and it sounded like she really wanted to ask me. I've been wondering about it ever since she called me when I was with Krystal." Yiyun paused and looked at Key. "Do you know what it is? You both hang out together."

Key shifted uncomfortably, avoiding Yiyun's gaze. 

"Why are you asking me? I don't know." He lied. Yiyun didn't believe him but decided against prodding him for an answer furthermore. 

The door suddenly opened and a tall handsome brunette walked in.

"A-Amber?" He stuttered once he saw the blonde on the bed. Yiyun raised her eyebrow.

"...you're that guy...the guy who always hung out with Mr..." Yiyun responded, surprised. The brunette blinked then realized that Krystal was lying on the hospital bed. With Yiyun's arm around her neck. He scowled.

"Wait." Key spoke up. "Who are you? Why are you here?" 

"I called Krystal's phone. Some girl answered and told me to come here." The brunette answered. Key's eye lit up in recognition.

"You're 'Annoying Nerd'?" Key asked. The brunette frowned, not realizing what was going on. Yiyun shook her head at her friend's idiotic self. 

"Whats you're name? And what are you to Krystal?" She asked.

"My name is Minho. And Krystal," the brunette raised his chin challenging Yiyun. Yiyun narrowed her eyes, not liking this guy already.

"Krystal is my girlfriend." Minho finished. Yiyun didn't expect that. A distant 'Oh' was all she could say. She shyly removed her arm away from Krystal.

"I bet you were worried about her." Yiyun mumbled. "You can take her with you. Make sure she eats a lot of food and drinks water. She donated blood to me and I don't want her sick because of that." 

Minho only nodded and began to carry her, bridal style. Before he left, he looked at Yiyun.

"Don't come anywhere near my girlfriend again." He said. Then he left.