Chapter 21

So Close

*Dedicated to nagbabasalang because your comment made me laugh. Amber's not going to the hospital because that's too much work for Soojungie :3*

 

Krystal hyperventilated as she carried Yiyun into her room. She clumsily dropped the blonde on her bed. 

'Aish, why are you so heavy, Amber?' She asked herself.

She picked up the blonde and put her on the bed correctly. She accidentally tripped and fell on the blonde. Trying to get up, she realized how close their faces were. She wasn't even one inch from Yiyun's lips. She felt Yiyun's raged and labored breath escape from her lips. Krystal blushed and stood up straight. She walked to the bathroom, grabbing some cloth and wetting it. She walked back to the room, pulling a chair next to Yiyun's bed. 

She carefully removed Yiyun's shirt, examining the blonde's bruises. Minho had kicked her hard enough to nearly rip the stitches. Her skin was blue and scratched. She dabbed the wet cloth on the sore area. She couldn't help but steal a couple glances at the girl's abs. She "accidentally" brushed her hand over the extremely y area. Her faced flushed even more as Yiyun stirred. She exhaled deeply as she realized that the blonde was not awake. Not yet anyway.

"She moved the cloth away from Yiyun's stomach and to her lip. It was cut and bleeding. As she wiped it, she sighed. 

Why did the idiot llama walk towards her and Minho without a plan? She knew the blonde could have gotten killed. Minho didn't even know about the accident. She made a mental note to slap and yell at Minho the next time she saw him. According to how much of a stalker he was, it would be soon.

She wiped Yiyun's bloody hand and remembered an old forgotten memory. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Two brunette girls were playing on the swings, the older one pushing the younger. 

"Amber! Higher! Higher!" The younger girl yelled happily. The older girl smiled and obliged. 

"Krystal?" She called after a while. "I'm getting tired now. I'm going inside to get a snack. You want to come with me?" 

The younger girl shook her head, a bit sad that Amber didn't want to play anymore. Amber shrugged and walked inside the house. Krystal kept swinging until she felt someone push her a little too hard. 

"Hey, Amber. I thought you went inside. And don't push me that hard. It's scary." She said. A group of boys laughed and Krystal put her feet to the ground, stoping the swing. She got off of the swing and turned around to see three older boys. 

They looked mean.

"W-what do you want?" Krystal whimpered. The boy in the middle laughed.

"This is my swing, little kid." He said. Krystal guessed he was about Amber's age. She frowned, suddenly not scared. She sat back on the swing and began to swing again. 

"Hey!" The middle kid called. "Get off! It's mine!" Krystal turned her head and stuck out her tongue at the boy. He frowned angrily. 

He suddenly pushed her off of the swing. Krystal cried out in pain as she fell against the hard ground. The boy was about to do something else when he was suddenly thrown to the ground. A cute girl walked over to Krystal and pulled her up.

"Amber! They were being mean to me." She complained as she was pulled up. Amber looked at the other boys and lifted her chin, making her seem taller. 

"It's really babyish to pick on someone who's younger than you, you know." She said, cooly. The middle boy, who had gotten up, scowled at her.

"She was on my swings." He said simply. Amber frowned and walked up to him.

"It's everyone's swings. You don't push little kids off swings that you don't own." Amber said. At the words 'little girl', Krystal complained but Amber ignored her. 

"They're my swings. I do what I want with my swings." The boy said. Amber pushed him to the ground again and climbed atop him.

"You don't push little girls, you jerk." She said. The boy tried to push her off but only provoked Amber even more. 

"Amber? It's okay. I'm not hurt." Krystal said gently. She realized that Amber was about to choke the boy. Amber looked at Krystal up and down quickly. She rolled her eyes.

"Yes you are, Soojung. Your leg is bleeding." She said simply. The boy took advantage of Amber's distraction and pushed her off. He slapped her and turned around to his friends, who had been watching the whole time, too afraid to interfere with the older girl. Amber suddenly jumped on the boy, twisting his arm.

"Come here again and I'll break your arm. I'm not telling you to push little girls again." She said. The boy yelled in pain. Amber jumped off of him and grabbed Krystal's arm, dragging her home.

-------------------------------------------------

"Amber, you forgot the snacks in the playground." Krystal said as Amber put a clean and fresh bandaid on Krystal's leg. The younger girl was on top of the counter while the latter was taking care of her scratch.

"It's fine. We can eat a snack here." Amber said. Krystal suddenly jumped down and hugged the older girl when her bandaid was well placed.

"Don't leave me, Amber. Ever. Promise?" She asked. Amber had stiffened but she reluctantly hugged the younger girl.

"I promise." She agreed. Krystal paused, as if deciding whether or not to do something.

"I love you, Amber." She said. She heard Amber's silent chuckle.

"I love you too, Soojungie." The older girl replied. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Krystal sighed at her first confession. She had meant it and she wondered if Yiyun had meant it too. She stood up and went to the bathroom, wetting the cloth again.

Meanwhile in the room...

"I love you, Soojungie." Yiyun muttered in her sleep.