Chapter 3

So Close

"But Amber, you promised we would drink red champagne to our hearts content on your birthday." Key complained.

He and Yiyun were in their apartment. Key was lying on the couch with his phone and Yiyun was on her laptop. She finished her drink and threw her cup at Key.

"Oowwww!" He complained.

"I told you. My name is Yiyun. Amber sounds too girly." She warned. She suddenly felt a styrofoam cup hit her head.

"Don't throw stuff at me, stupid." Key said. Yiyun reached down to grab the cup. She put it in the trash, muttering something about kicking Key's balls and headed to her room.

"Hey, Key!" She called. She grabbed her suitcase and threw on her backpack. 

"What? I'm watching Frozen, don't bother me." He called back.

Yiyun rolled the suitcase to the main room and grabbed her laptop. 

"I guess that means you don't want to go with me? Suit yourself." She said, stuffing the laptop in her backpack. 

Key suddenly ran to his room, leaving his phone on the couch. 

"Why didn't you say so earlier?" He called from his room. Yiyun heard multiple drawers open and close. She shook her head when Key ran towards her with a huge suitcase, and an empty backpack. 

"Put my suitcase in the car. Lemme pack some food into my bag." He said, running to the kitchen.

"Aish," Yiyun complained. "You're so fat, Key. She grabbed both suitcases and headed out the door. She dumped them in the trunk and waited in the car. Minutes later, Key ran out of the apartment and into the car.

"I have some cooked ramen, icecream bars that we need to eat quick, leftover Bulgogi, some pieces of bacon, mangoes, and two full package of iced tea and Dr. Pepper." Key said, pointing to each item. 

Yiyun looked amused. 

"Where's your phone?" Fear overcame Key's face. He jumped out of the car and ran into the building. A few seconds later, he came back panting. His phone showed Elsa singing 'Let it go'.

Yiyun frowned and started the car. 

"What is with your obsession with Frozen?" She asked, driving away from the apartment.

Key looked away from his phone, his face shocked.

"Frozen is, like one of the best- no. Frozen is the best disney animation. How can you not like it." Key exclaimed. 

"Don't know how a cartoon can get you so worked up..." Yiyun muttered. Key gasped then started ranting on the differences between a cartoon and an animation while Yiyun listened to the radio.

They arrived at the airport two hours later. Yiyun checked her watch. It was 9:03 p.m. She grabbed the bag of bacon that Key had been eating. She chuckled at his sleeping state. His Beats headphones on, bacon sticking put of his mouth, with his phone still playing Frozen in his right hand, and a ziploc bag of bacon in his left. 

Yiyun smiled at her sleeping friend. While she was at the hospital after the accident, she had been walking around one day to find him talking with a stuffed llama. Because of her unexplainable love for llamas, they befriended each other and even bought an apartment. Key had admitted about having a crush on her but it only lasted a week, he claimed. He than began to pursue people perfect for her love life. He later found out she had an interest in girls no matter how many times she refused. They were always so playful around each other like little kids. Yiyun wondered if she ever had a friend like Key.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer." Key said, smiling. Yiyun had been staring. She nodded her head and took out her phone, taking a picture.

"Yes, I bet Suzy would love your new style. What's it called? Pig mouth?" She laughed.

Key suddenly reached for his mouth and removed the piece of bacon.

"Yaah, gimme your phone! Delete that picture! Heeey! Amber-shi! That's not fair!" Key complained. Yiyun laughed and left the car. 

"Call Suzy so she can come and get the car. Now, that I think about it, we should have brought her.." Yiyun admitted. 

"I'll text her. Hopefully, she isn't asleep yet." Key said, going through his contacts. I grabbed both suitcases and headed towards the entry of the airport. Once we were inside, I showed her both our prepaid tickets, I already knew Key would want to come, and they took our suitcases. I saw Key enter and I waved him over so we could enter. Usually people who have been in a plane crash don't even think of entering a plane again, but, thankfully, I'm not one of them.

We entered the plane and it took off to South Korea. I wanted to meet my swim team and greet them again. Besides, it was my birthday tomorrow and I had a feeling that something exciting will happen once I get there.