Chapter 15

So Close

(a/n: >.< sorry for updating late, readers...*hands out cupcakes and cookies* Forgive me >.< ...I think this chapter will make it up...I'm working on the next and I'm not sure what I should do...I mean, Krystal has Minho and Sulli can move on to Luna...I'm so evil...>:D)

"Yiyun, where are you going? I thought we were going to work together." Key said. He was dressed in his work uniform and he held his backpack. Yiyun smiled.

"I'm going to visit Sulli." She said. Key scowled. 

"You mean Krystal. I swear Yiyun. Sulli really likes you. You have to commit to her. Stop playing with her feelings." Key said sympathetically. Yiyun's smiled faded and she turned serious. 

"I'm not going to hurt Sulli. I promise Key." Yiyun said. Key rolled his eyes. 

"Whatever." He muttered. He walked out and Yiyun followed. Key called Suzy for her to pick him up as they walked. As Yiyun entered the car, Key looked at her angrily.

"Don't do anything stupid. I swear that girl will be the death of you." He said. Yiyun faked a smile and drove away.

"Key, you idiot." Yiyun muttered. She made a turn onto the main road and barely escaped a fatal crash. She honked her horn loudly to whoever the driver was. The driver waved apologetically at her. Yiyun sighed.

She kept driving until she reached Sulli's apartment. When she saw Krystal outside on the front steps, she quickly parked her car and hopped out.

"Hey..." She greeted shyly. Krystal's head snapped up and met her gaze. Krystal, who had tried to forget about the blonde in front of her, suddenly thought about Yiyun's hot abs and y scar. She blushed and looked back down.

"Hey..." She muttered. Yiyun came and sat down next to the redhead. Krystal had to control herself...she could smell the blonde's attractive perfume.

"Something wrong?" Yiyun asked. Krystal shrugged, not wanting to tell her the problem was the blonde herself.

"Where's Sulli? I thought she was ho-" Yiyun started. Krystal interrupted.

"She's at work. What do you want?" She snapped coldly. Yiyun shifted a little away from the redhead, hoping she wouldn't notice. She did.

"I wanted to speak to her..." Yiyun said quietly. Wrong answer.

"Yaah, what's wrong with speaking to me?" Krystal yelled. Yiyun looked around. Two people walked past them and she smiled apologetically as they looked at her with confused faces. She looked back at Krystal.

"Nothing's wrong with talking to you. But I'll admit you have to keep your voice down a bit, we're outside." Yiyun said. She suddenly realized something.

"Hey, why are you outside and not inside?" She asked. Krystal blushed.

"I forgot to ask Sulli where the spare key was. I went out for a walk and by that time, Sulli already left for work. I left my phone inside so I'm locked out until she comes back." She admitted. Yiyun chuckled. She stood up and lent a hand to the redhead.

"Key has the spare key. She gave it to me but I said I would lose it. Key's at work so you'll still have to wait." She said. Krystal scowled and took Yiyun's hand. She quickly stood up and let go of Yiyun's hand. She had felt sparks as their hands touched and she suddenly couldn't control her heartbeat.

Yiyun felt it too. 

"Want some ice-cream? I know this shop that sells the best ice-cream ever." Yiyun asked. Krystal shrugged, ignoring her sudden giddiness. She was going to eat ice-cream with a friend. It wasn't a date. 

Her heart wouldn't listen.

They both walked towards the car and entered it. Yiyun drove out of the complex and towards the shop. They exchanged a few words but other than that, it was a comfortable silence.

They arrived at the shop.

"Yaah, why are you parking here? There's still some space over there." Krystal complained as Yiyun parked across the street.

"That spot is reserved for the manager. Besides, a little walk wouldn't kill you." Yiyun joked. Krystal rolled her eyes and left the car. She walked towards the ice-cream shop and Yiyun followed, admiring the sway of Krystal's hips.

Krystal was getting ready to order as Yiyun entered the store. 

"Mango ice-cream please." She said. The cashier asked for money and Krystal smiled shyly. Yiyun walked over to her, taking out her wallet and paying. She ordered a waffle bowl with french vanilla ice-cream and paid.

The girls walked to empty seats and sat down.

"This is a nice place." Krystal said. Yiyun nodded, agreeing.

"Told you." She said. Krystal rolled her eyes and giggled. The sound was music to Yiyun's ears. She smiled at the redhead until their ice-cream came. They ate in silence. Yiyun suddenly laughed when Krystal got a bit of ice-cream on her lip.

"What?" Krystal asked. Yiyun laughed harder. She reached over and wiped the bit of ice-cream off. Krystal blushed and Yiyun smiled. Krystal suddenly remembered something.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

'I'm going to confess my feelings to Yiyun. I think I love...no. I know I love her.' Sulli told Krystal. Krystal was so shocked she quickly congratulated her friend and left the apartment, forgetting her phone. She walked around the complex, too deep in thought to cry.

She told herself she would avoid Amber/Yiyun from then on. No need to get close to her only to be heartbroken.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Krystal snapped back to reality. Yiyun was looking at her with an eyebrow raised. 

"You okay?" She asked. Krystal nodded and continued to eat her ice-cream. There was a sudden beeping noise. Yiyun took out her phone. She looked at the caller and smiled, answering it. 

"Yoboseyo, Sulli." She said cheerfully. Krystal inwardly grimaced and quickly finished her ice-cream. 

"Yeah, I'm actually with Krystal right now. You want to talk to her?" Yiyun asked Sulli. She handed the phone to Krystal but she shook her head and continued to eat her ice-cream cone. "Or not." Yiyun put the phone back to her ear. There was a pause, as if Sulli was saying something. Yiyun frowned.

"Yes, I can meet you later but why not ask me the question on the phone?" Yiyun asked. There was another pause and Krystal tried to hear Sulli on the phone. She failed.

"Okay...great. I'll meet you later then....bye." Yiyun said. She took the phone away from her ear, locked it, and put it back in her pocket. She smiled apologetically at Krystal but she had already finished her ice-cream and was getting up. 

As she walked past Yiyun, Yiyun grabbed her hand.

"Hey, are you alright?" She asked. True concern filled her voice but Krystal ignored it and shook her hand off, responding with a fake smile.

She exited the shop and began to cross the road. 

Yiyun got up and threw her ice-cream away. She exited the shop just as a silver car came into view. Yiyun's eyes focused on it and saw that the driver was busy doing something else, like searching for something. Yiyun glanced at Krystal who stepped on a piece of gum, grimacing at the grotesque substance. Yiyun's legs moved on their own.

She ran towards the idiotic redhead. Krystal saw her running towards her and was momentarily confused. Yiyun ran to her and shoved her away. Krystal fell on the hard pavement, far away from the blonde. A blur of silver and a loud thud was all she could apprehend. 

Krystal stared at the unmoving body on the road. She was in a haze as multitudes of people walked up the the blonde. Her mind was clouded as she observed someone call an ambulance. Blood was escaping the blonde, making a quick pool of red substance surrounding the girl. Some of it went to her hair, making it a dark redish brown color. 

Krystal couldn't feel the tears as she watched paramedics carry her most loved one into an ambulance. She didn't remember how she had gotten into the van, next to the blonde. She watched her tears fall on the unconscious blonde. The same person she had vowed to hate. The same person her heart yearned for, for three years. It was only when she was told she had to sit in the waiting area that she screamed. 

She fell on her knees, screaming after the blond. Some doctors came to calm her down. She was eventually moved to the blonde's hospital room. The doctor was checking on her pulse, a frown on his face.

"You idiot." Krystal said, her voice breaking.

"Don't leave me you damn idiot. I still haven't told you I love you."