Chapter 4

So Close

"Yiyun. Wake up, Yiyun. Let's go see your swimming team. Oooh, girls in swimming suit, aigoo! I can't wait!"

Yiyun waved her arm violently towards the owner of the voice.

"Stop being a ert, Key. Remember you have Suzy." Yiyun said once she heard Key's cry of pain. She got up and grabbed her watch on the night stand. It was nearly 7. She jumped off the bed and took a quick shower. After she brushed her teeth, she put on dark gray ripped jeans, a black tank with with a gray zip up jacket, and a white beanie. She warmed up some ramen and ate in in the car.

"Yaaah, why did you have to make my ramen so hot, Yiyun? I can barely eat it." Key complained.

Yiyun's eyes swept the road. "Keep complaining and I'll purposely drive over multiple speed bumps as you drink the soup." 

Key shut up after that, eating silently. The car finally stopped in front of a short building. They both went inside and once inside, Yiyun inhaled the smell of distant chlorine.

"I love this smell, Key. It reminds me of my past, even though I don't remember much of it." Yiyun told Key but Key was busy drooling over the soaking wet girls walking into the pool. Yiyun smacked Key upside the head and Key complained. 

Yiyun quickly spotted the coach and waved at her. The coach acknowledged her and waved at her. She ran over. Her hair was wet and curly and she had a towel on her should her. 

"Hey Amber!" She said in English. Key frowned. He saw that the two were going to catch up so he headed towards a wall and flirted with any girls who happened to walk by.

"Hey coach." Yiyun replied back in a perfect English accent. 

"Krystal showed up again yesterday. She really wanted to see you." The coach said.

Yiyun only smiled. At the sound of Krystal's name, her heart sped.

"I don't know how I keep on missing her like this, haha" Yiyun said. 

"She said she would come today. Maybe if you stay a little bit  longer, you might get to meet her." The coach added.

Yiyun nodded. She wanted to meet Krystal. Really badly. 

"Enough with the serious talk. How about you go and change then do a couple laps. Prove to me that you're still captain worthy." And with that she winked at Yiyun and left.

"How come she's allowed to call you Amber?" Key asked, who had returned when he noticed the coach gone. 

"Because she knows of my past." Was all Yiyun said. She ran to the locker room and changed. She jumped into the pool and her instincts completely took over.


-------------------------------------------

"Go Yiyun! Fighting!" Key screamed. He was on the, bleachers watching her swim laps with ease.

A sudden burst of color distracted Key from encouraging/annoying Yiyun. A beautiful redhead walked into the large room and sat down on the bleachers. She looked around with sad eyes. 

Key, feeling like a playboy, walked down and sat next to her. She gave him an icy glare and he shivered. He scooted farther away, deciding not to come close to her but that didn't stop him from starting a conversation.

"Yoboseyo." He said. She only nodded, looking at the entrance of the room.

"Um, I'm Key." He said, sticking his hand out as a friendly sign. She didn't take it.

"Um...are you looking for someone?" He asked. She nodded.

"My lover." She only responded. 

"Is your lover a girl? This is the girl's swim team, not the boy's." Key replied, happy she was talking. 

She suddenly looked angry at him, her icy glare staring frozen lasers into him. He cringed back.

"Yes my lover is a girl. You have a problem with that? Everybody seems to have a problem with that. My father, my boyfriend..." Feeling she said enough, she narrowed her eyes. "I know this is the girl's swim team. I hope you know that too you ert."

Key quickly apologized. The beautiful girl's icy glare lessened. The sad look re her face.

"Is she coming? What's your name? What's her name? Maybe I can try to find her." Key gently said. The girl blinked.

"I haven't seen her for 3 years. I hope she comes. My name is Krystal. Krystal Jung. And her name? Her name is A-" Krystal said. She was interrupted by a call.

"Yo! Key! Come here! I'm leaving."

Key looked at the saddened girl and formally apologized and said goodbye. She didn't look at the person who called for Key, nor did she care. She looked back at the entrance. Feeling Key's presence gone, she glanced at the exit. There was Key walking with a medium sized boy. He wore gray pants and a black tank top that showed his attractive build. He held in his hands what looked like a gray jacket. There was a white beanie on his head. An unknown force compelled her to go to the guy next to Key but she told herself no.

"You stupid eyes. Your eyes are meant for Amber inly. And stop beating so fast, heart. You belong to Amber too. Anything and everything belongs to my beloved llama."