Chapter 22

So Close


Sulli laughed as she walked out of the movie theaters with Key. 

"Key, I can't believe you still watch childish shows like that. I swear I lost count of all the seven year olds there." she said. Key rolled his eyes and pouted. 

"I saw some teenagers in there too, Sulli-shi." He said. Sulli laughed even more. Key sighed, and nudged Sulli.

"I'm going home, Ssul. Want me to drive you to your work place?" He asked. Sulli shook her head.

"I feel like walking today. Besides, I need to work out more." she replied. Key shrugged, waved a good bye to her and turned around to walk back his car. Sulli took out her phone and looked at the time.

"2:05..I have forty-five minutes." She muttered to herself. She looked around and thankfully found the area familiar. She walked past several buildings until she saw the shop. She continued to advance towards it until she realized a small gang of teenage boys hanging around the building across the shop. She ignored their usual fox whistles as she entered the shop.

"Sulli!" Someone yelled as the brunette entered. Sulli immediately smiled. 

"Hi, Vic unnie!" She answered to an advancing brunette. Vic unnie slammed herself to the younger girl, squeezing her tight.

"You haven't come to work for a long time. Unnie missed you..." She told the younger girl. Sulli smiled shyly. 

"I've been busy. Sorry..." She apologized. 

"Yaah, it's okay! Now get your back here! We have a lot of work to do!" A male voice yelled from the counter. Sulli and Vic unnie parted from their hug as the younger looked at the owner of the voice.

"Hey Kim oppa!" Sulli called, smiling. Kim Taehyung winked at her and disappeared into the employees room. Sulli and Vic unnie walked towards the counter. Sulli walked into the employees room to get her uniform, while Vic unnie wiped the counters, whistling. 

The entrance door opened and in came a tall brunette. His face was handsome, even though he was obviously beat up. He seemed very angry but once he saw Vic unnie, he smiled cheerfully.

"Good afternoon, noona." He said as he walked towards the counter. Vic unnie looked up and smiled, recognizing his voice.

"Good afternoon, Min-" she began. She quickly gasped as she saw his beaten up face. 

"You got into a fight, Minho?" She asked him. Minho smiled ruefully, and shrugged. 

"I actually came here to see if you could fix me up a little bit. I still don't know my way around." He confessed. Vic noona tsked and shook her head.

"Not even a week in and you're already getting into fights." She muttered. She waved the rag at him, motioning him to sit down.

"Sit down in a chair while I get the first aid kit." She said. Minho obliged and sat in the corner of the shop. He took out his phone and debated over whether or not he should text Krystal.

The door of the shop opened again and a couple teenage boys walked in. A few of them jumped on the counter and sat there, chatting with each other. Before Minho could say anything, the employees door opened.

"Foxy!" One of the boys called out. Minho looked at the tall girl that just stepped out of the room. He was momentarily stunned by her beauty and because he was so used to Krystal's cold attitude, he felt at ease with the girl's innocent aura. 

He guessed the boys felt it too.

The boy that had spoken, possibly the leader of the group, walked up to the terrified brunette girl. 

"We hadn't seen you in a while, Foxy. Where were you?" He asked. He sent out his hand and traced a line down her cheek to her neck. He was about to go lower when she slapped his hand away.

"S-stop it, you ert..." The girl said quietly. Minho stood up and walked towards the erted teenager. The leader was laughing.

"You can't appreciate the fact that I miss you?" He said, reaching for her chin. Minho grabbed his hand midway.

"She said stop. Don't you have ears?" He said. He threw the boy's hand down and glared at him. With his beat up face, he would have scared anyone. In fact, the rest of the boys backed up. 

"Who are you? Her boyfriend?" The teenager glared. Minho was taken aback. 

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I am." His mouth said without thinking. The brunette's eyes widened, obviously shocked. 

The teenage boy narrowed his eyes, daring him. 

"Prove it." He said. Minho was a little bit more than happy to. He faced the brunette, lifted her chin and planted a quick kiss on her cheek. He let go of her and smiled cockily. 

"I think it's time for you to lea-aaah..." Minho cursed under his breath and held his flooding nose. He hadn't realized that the teenager had grabbed his hair until his face slammed against the counter. 

"Anyone can kiss a girl and claim them to be dating." The teenage boy said. Minho growled and looked angrily at the teenager. Another boy walked reluctantly to the leader and tapped his shoulder, his eyes never leaving Minho. 

"Maybe we should go back..." he muttered. the leader looked angrily at Minho. Before Minho could rip the teengaers teeth out, Vic unnie stepped out of the employees room with a broom in one hand and a phone in the other.

"Yaaah, get out you punks!" she said hitting multiple boys visciously with the broom. "Get out before I call the police! The whole shop can hear you. I never want you in here; you always bother my employee!" 

Most of the teengaers left the shop immediately. The leader and Minho had never shifted from their death stare with each other. The teenager suddenly glanced at Sulli and something in his eyes made Minho want to smile.

The look in his eyes was pure loss. 

The teengaer scowled at Minho and shouldered him hard as he walked out of the shop. 

Once they were out, Vic unnie sighed wearily and set down the broom and phone.

"Those kids just don't know how to leave people aloone." She said. She looked at Sulli jokingly. "I'ts all your fault, Sulli. You're just so gorgeous." 

The youngest brunette girl shook her head a little, as if snapping out of a daze. She looked at Vic unnie and smiled nervously.

"S-sorry, Vicky unnie..." she said shyly. Vic unnie pouted.

"I don't like Vicky, It makes me think about that Western show Fairy Godparents. It's Vic unnie or Victoria unnie, pabo." She said. Sulli nodded shyly and glanced once at Minho, who was casually holding his flooding nose, listening to the conversation.

Vic unnie realized this and reached over the counter to clean his bloody face.

"Aigoo...you just love fights that much, huh? I didn't get anything for broken noses. I'll go and get them so just lift your head up hig and don't sneeze unless you want that nose off." Vic unnie warned. Minho obliged, smiling, even though his face was in excrutiating pain. Once Vic unnie walked back inside the employees room, Sulli looked at Minho and blushed.

"Um...thanks...for what you did...I didn't think I could handle them on my own.." she said quietly. Minho looked down at her from his raised head. He smiled generously and reached out his free hand to pat the pretty brunette on the head.

"You don't need to thank me. Your adorableness is enough. Just make sure to tell them that I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and Martial Arts and that I'll come after them if they bother you. They should leave you alone after that." Minho said. Sulli giggled and Minho had to face away from her to hide his blush.

Her laugh was so cute...

"Yaah, Minho. What are you doing facing away from Sulli? You're making her feel awkward!" Vic unnie said after leaving the employees room once again. Minho turned around and smiled appologetically. He leaned on the counter and let Vic unnie bandage his face.

"Sulli, you really had no reason to come to work today. Nearly noone came and besides, we're about to close. I think Kim can take you home." Vic unnie said tol Sulli as Minho growled at the stinging medicine. Just then, Kim Taehyung walked out of the bar with his red jacket in his hand.

"I'll take her home, noona. Don't worry." Kim said. Sulli hurriedly followed Kim Taehyung as he told her a story about him and some guy named Jungkook.

"So, apparently, you and Sulli are dating? I thought you just met her today." Vic noona said once they were alone. Minho gently smiled.

"You were eavesdropping, noona? Anyways, there were some ignorant teenagers here and they wouldn't leave her alone so I decided to help her." Minho told her. Vic noona raised an eyebrow.

"By telling them that you're her boyfriend? Babo, you're only making your life worse." she said. Minho shrugged, leaning away once Vic noona was finished.

"I can handle a couple teenagers if they bother me." He said walking towards the door and opening it. Vic noona giggled as she put on her jacket.

"Says the idiot with the broken nose. Anyway, I'll see you later, Minho." Vic noona said.

"Be careful, noona. The streets aren't always safe." Minho told his noona. Vic noona laughed.

"Don't worry. All I have to do is tell them that I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and Martial Arts. That should make them stop." She winked at Minho and walked in the opposite direction. Minho silently chuckled.

"Eavesdropper." He muttered. 

"You better not be cheating on Foxy with that girl." A vaguely familair voice said. Minho turned around to see the leader of the teenage gang.

"What?" Minho asked, confused. The teenager rolled his eyes. He grabbed Minho's shirt and shoved him to the shop wall.

"I'm not going to hurt you because that would make Foxy sad, even though you're already beaten up. Consider your broken nose a warning and remember my words." The teenager growled while narrowing his eyes. Minho tried to figth back but years on the street had made the teen strong.

"If she ever walks to this store with tears in her eyes because of you, I will find you and hurt you like you did her." He said, visciously. He let go of Minho's shirt roughly and walked away. Minho shivered as he began to walk again. He was confused as to how he was supposed to react to what the teen said but one thing was for sure.

The teenager was inlove with the girl Sulli. 

Minho felt as if he was in a competition with the boy.

Was it possible to feel this way after meeting someone for one day?