Chapter 10

So Close

Aish, sorry for the long time without an update. I thought the four chapter update would stall you guys for some time but you guys are greedy. Heehee, that's good. But seriously, sorry. My mean teacher's making me do an excessive amount of homework (_ _)....Here's the update anyway :D

Sulli stood in the airport holding a white sign with KrystalTheIceQueen written on it. She looked around for a redheaded girl. Or at least, that was what Krystal described herself as. After a while, she saw a gorgeous girl with long red hair. Sulli was taken aback. She didn't realize Krystal would be that attractive. She secretly hoped it wasn't Krystal but the redhead saw her sign and waved at Sulli. There was something off about her. Yes, she really did look like an ice queen but she gave off another aura.

"Ssul girl?" The redhead asked. She had walked closer to Sulli and stopped in front of her. Sulli nodded and smiled. She put the sign down and eagerly hugged Krystal.

"I can't believe you're finally here! Where do you want to go first? There are plenty of clothing and food shops around the airport." Sulli said. She let go of the girl and began to help her with the suitcases. She and Krystal each carried one. 

"Actually, I'd rather just go to your house." Krystal stated when they began to walk towards the exit.

Sulli looked at the girl and got the same suspicion about something being off about her.

"Is there something wrong Krystal-shi?" Sulli asked. Krystal only gave her a nod but didn't say anything else. They walked out of the airport and Sulli lead them to her car. Once the suitcases were in the trunk, Sulli got in the driver's seat and Krystal rode shotgun. Without starting the car, Sulli faced Krystal.

"What's wrong? Maybe I can help." She said.

"Unnie..." Krystal started. Her voice broke and she looked out the window, her eyes moist.

"Krystal, look at me. Tell me what's wrong." Sulli urged. Krystal looked back at Sulli. She took a shaky breath.

"I met up with my dad and Minho. They...they told me what happened to Amber..." Krystal said. She was determined not to cry any more. She had been sure all her tears were used up yesterday but she could feel her eyes getting moist.

"They told me...my dad had sent Am to China...the airplane...didn't make it...neither...did Amber..." Krystal's voice broke at Amber's name. She began to sob dreadfully. Sulli paled. She reached her arms around Krystal and hugged her, crying on her shoulder too.

The girls stayed like that until they felt drained. Sulli pulled away and started the car. Krystal stared out the window as if she was a ghost. In that moment she felt she was a ghost, drifting by into people's lives and living without a reason.

They stopped in front of Sulli's apartment and carried the bags silently. Once they were inside, Sulli took both suitcases and set them in the extra room. She came back to the main room and sat down with Krystal on the couch. They sat with a comfortable silence until Krystal finally spoke up.

"Sorry, I'm acting like a pessimist. Please forgive me." She said. Sulli shrugged her off.

"You live here now. Your problems are my problems too. Don't be afraid to tell me anything." Sulli assured the redhead. Krystal smiled a sad smile then suddenly perked up. 

"How are you and Yiyun? I know you guys have been going on dates and stuff but are you two official now?" Krystal asked. Sulli blushed, remembering yesterday with Yiyun in the park.

"We're not official yet but I'm wondering if I should ask her to be my girlfriend or not..." Sulli confessed shyly. 

"Besides...I think I'm really falling for her. I don't want to get hurt if she rejects me..." She added. Krystal put a hand on Sulli's shoulder.

"According to what you've told me, Yiyun is madly in-love with you. In fact, she might confess to you instead of you confessing to her." She said. Sulli smiled. She got up and looked at the younger girl.

"I know you love mangoes. How about I get you some?" She asked. Krystal grinned and nodded.

Sulli headed to the kitchen and began to slice mangoes.

********************************************

"Yiyun! Sulli doesn't like yellow flowers! Stop being cheap and buy roses!" Key yelled.

"Yaah! I'm not being cheap. I'm being considerate of my wallet!" Yiyun yelled back.

"That's called being cheap, idiot." Key argued.

"I'm sorry I don't want to waste my eating and bill paying money on flowers." Yiyun interjected harshly. 

"Um, sir? You're scaring away the other customers with your yelling." A clerk said. "I can just mix in the yellow and red flowers and make it a bouquet if you stop yelling." 

Yiyun smiled apologetically and nodded. The clerk quickly made a bouquet and handed it to Yiyun. Yiyun gave him enough money to pay for yellow flowers and she left with Key. Once away from hearing distance, Yiyun stuck her tongue at Key.

"That's how to be considerate, Key." She laughed. Key just shrugged.

"You were given those flowers because of your stupidity, not you consideration." He argued. Yiyun rolled her eyes and began to observe the flowers. 

"You think Sulli-shi will accept the flowers and...and say yes to being my girlfriend?" She asked, flicking a rose petal lightly. Key slapped Yiyun's shoulder.

"She'd be insane not to accept her feelings and say yes. I see the way she looks at you." Key assured her. He suddenly remembered something.

"Hey Yiyun?" He asked. Yiyun looked at Key with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" She asked. Key looked reluctant at first but then he finally asked. 

"Speaking about the way Sulli-shi looks at you...what happened yesterday? She was looking at you weirdly. And blushed too much. If I didn't know better, she looked like she was thinking lewd thoughts about you..." Key said.

Yiyun slapped his hand off of her shoulder and looked incredulously at Key. 

"Kim Kibum! How dare you speak about her like that. Sulli wouldn't do that! You and I both know that. Aish!" Yiyun exploded. Annoyance filled Key's face as he heard his full name.

"It was just a question. And don't call me by my full name." Key muttered. Yiyun narrowed her eyes. 

"I won't. As long as you don't call me by my other name. Deal?" She said. Key only nodded. They both got into the car and drove over to Sulli's apartment. Once Yiyun left the car, Key slid to the driver's seat.

"I have to go meet up with Suzy for a while. Don't worry, I'll be back with your car." He said. Yiyun shrugged him off and Key drove away. She climbed up the stairs and into the hallway where Sulli's apartment was. She stopped in front of Sulli's door. She took a big breath, held the flowers up to her chest, and raised her fist to knock on the door. That was when she heard talking.

"I know you love mangoes. How about I get you some?" Sulli asked. There was silence then someone, presumably Sulli, walked elsewhere. Yiyun didn't know why, but she wanted to go inside and see who was with Sulli but with some kind of second nature, aka the author telling her not to because it'll ruin the whole plot, she decided not to. Instead, she slowly opened the door a crack and looked inside. 

The flowers slipped out of her hands.

Yiyun had to remind herself to breathe. There, sitting on Sulli's couch, was the incredibly beautiful redhead girl. Her heart was beating so fast, she thought she would have a heart attack. She wanted to run inside and hug the girl. She wanted to run away. She wanted to MOVE. But she was frozen stiff. 

As if knowing someone was watching her, the redhead looked at the door. Yiyun thought the girl had seen her so she moved away from the door. She finally breathed.

"Sulli-shi, you the didn't close the door well. It's a bit opened." She said. She stood up and walked towards the door. Yiyun leaned hard against the wall, not breathing. The girl lingered at the door as if deciding whether or not to close the door. 

"Soojungie? Aren't you done closing the door?" Sulli called from the kitchen. The redhead immediately closed the door.

"Yaah, don't call me that. I don't like it." She said. She began to walk back to the couch when she heard a distant patter, like someone running away. She went to the door again, the presence of someone else gone but she still opened the door. No one was there but as she looked at the ground, she saw a bouquet of flowers. She picked them up and headed back inside, closing the door. 

"Sulli? Do you have any secret admirers?" She asked. Sulli appeared out of the kitchen, holding a plate piled high with mangoes. She shook her head, a look of confusion evident. 

Krystal helped her settle down the plate of mangoes, while stuffing some in then handed the bouquet to Sulli.

Sulli held it and crinkled her nose. I hate yellow flowers..." She said. Krystal saw a flash of white in the bouquet and took it out. It was a card.

"Be my girlfriend?" She read. She smiled teasingly. "Aww. Sulli-shi, someone is totally crushing on you." 

Sulli frowned. She took the paper and threw both the bouquet and the paper in the trash. 

"Whoever wants to be my lover needs to build up the courage and ask me out themselves." She said. Krystal shivered and pouted.

"Aish, unnie. You sure are scary and cold hearted." She said. Sulli laughed and took a mango off of the plate. 

"I think you forgot that I have Yiyun." She said. Krystal pursed her lips about to say something when she saw that a red rose was on the floor. Sulli hadn't realized its existence so she slowly nudged it towards the foot of the couch. She sat down and put it in her purse. She didn't know why she did it. She only knew it was important somehow.