Chapter 1

So Close

"Unnie! C'mon, just one sip." A redheaded beauty said to her best friend. The blonde headed latter shook her head, her blonde locks waving around. She took a sip of her red champagne and looked at the redhead seriously. 

"Krystal, a no is a no." The blonde said. Krystal groaned and pointed to the attractive brunnette next to her.

"Minho gets to drink." She exclaimed.

The blonde rolled her eyes. 

"Minho is twenty-two." She said abruptly. Krystal, frowned and folded her arms on her chest.

"Sometimes I really hate you, Amber."

Minho chuckled deeply and gulped his beer.

Amber faced Krystal and smiled sweetly.

"I'm the one who brought you here for your birthday." Krystal turned her back to the older girl, still crossing her arms.

"What's the point if I can't drink?" She replied. Minho reached his hands around his hot headed girlfriend in order to calm her down. Amber frowned at the movement.

"I'm going to get some more champagne."  And with that, she stood up and headed towards the countertop.

Once out if hearing distance, Krystal grabbed Minho's beer and drank it greedily.

Minho laughed. This was her second beer this night and she had a slight red tinge to her cheeks. He kissed her cheek when she put the drink down. Krystal shook her head as if she was getting dizzy. She faced Minho with a smile.

"Get another one. I really like it." Minho smiled. She was a good actor even when in a poor state of mind. She had acted sober when in actuality, she was drunk as hell. It wouldn't be much time before she couldn't control herself anymore. With that in thought, Minho stood and jogged towards the bar. He returned quickly with full glass of the beverage and Krystal finished it in seconds.

Her eyes were blurred and she smiled goofily at her boyfriend. She stood and grabbed the older boy's hand. They began to to walk towards the bathroom when the blonde returned. 

"Where are you guys going?" She asked. Krystal pouted and looked at Amber.

"Yah," she complained. "It's my birthday. Can't I go somewhere without being bothered by you?"

Amber rolled her eyes, sitting down and sipping the red champagne. It was giving her lips a red color, like lipstick. She shrugged off the couple, not caring. The redhead ran towards the girls and boys bathroom with her boyfriend in tow. 

Once they were inside, she girl locked the door and smiled deviously. She jumped on the boy and crushed her lips to the latter's, running her hand through his hair. He gripped her and squeezed it affectionately. She moaned when he started kissing her neck. She reached for his shirt and ed it. He threw it off and set her on the bathroom sink, removing his pants. 

Krystal stared at his perfectly toned and tanned abs. Her eyes ran over to the huge outline on his boxer briefs. They were black Calvin Kleins. She suddenly felt sick.

"I-I can't..." She slurred shaking her head. Minho looked down at his area then looked back at Krystal. He was confused and hurt at the same time. 

He leaned over to her and tried to kiss her neck the same way she loved but she shoved him away. 

"I said I can't. I can't do this." She urged lazily. They both stared at each other; Minho with a hurt expression and Krystal with a drunken straight face.

Krystal suddenly laughed cruelly. She ran her hand through her hair, straightening it. 

"Do you even know why I'm dating you?" She asked. Her voice was barely recognizable. She was drunk. 

"Because...you like me...right?" he answered. Krystal laughed again. 

"It's because of my friends. They thought you were the most perfect thing created. My dad thought so too. In fact, he still does. I..." Krystal shook her head. "I knew better. I seemed to be the only one who knew that you were a player who loved to get into beautiful girls' pants. I guess Amber knew that too. Maybe. She doesn't like you and neither do I." 

Minho blinked, his face completely blank. 

"Are you...are you breaking up with me?"  He asked. His voice cracked at the end and he cleared his throat to regain at least some of his macho. He was in a girls and boys bathroom with only his boxer briefs on while his girlfriend laughed and spoke cruelly to him. 

Talk about macho.

Krystal raised her perfectly defined eyebrow. She jumped off the sink and stood in front of Minho, looking up.

"I don't want to lose my ity to some...guy." she said. She had to concentrate to an extreme degree. Everything was blurry and she just wanted some more beer. 

Minho chuckled bitterly.  

"Let me guess. You'd rather have Amber than me." 

To his surprise, Krystal nodded. 

"Amber is truthful and respectful. She thinks about my health and my feelings. Besides, she's my best friend. You weren't there when I had my first crush. You weren't there when puberty hit me like a brick wall. In fact, you were probably doing some girl in an alleyway, you horndog." She walked briskly to the door and opened it. Before she left, she looked back at Minho. He was looking at his feet. 

"By the way," she added. "Black boxer briefs look good on you." 

She shut the door and headed to where Amber was, on the countertop talking to some girl. She suddenly got angry and  ran over to the girl, grabbing her arm.

"So I think they're totally awesome." Amber said smiling, ignoring the redhead.

The other girl laughed, showing dimples. She was an attractive brunette with pale skin and green eyes. In other words, Krystal felt threatened.

"Amber!" She yelled. Amber flinched. Krystal was right next to her and she nearly burst her eardrums.

"Yah! Is your goal trying to make my ears bleed?!" Amber complained, looking at the fiery Krystal.

The brunette laughed again making Amber look back at her and smile. Krystal frowned as Amber began the conversation again. Something about llamas...

Krystal walked away and found a group of guys drinking beer. She headed towards them and started talking to them, occasionally grabbing their drinks and drinking it herself. They thought it was funny and once she lost complete control of herself, she giggled every second. The group of guys slowly started to dissipate. Some going home, others finding other girls to flirt with. Once the last guy left, some lame excuse about feeding a cat, Krystal's lazy eyes scanned the bar for a certain blond. She saw Amber dancing on the dance floor...with the girl from earlier. 

Krystal stormed towards the girls, tripping occasionally.

The brunette suddenly held Amber's arms and pulled her close. She wound her arms around Amber's neck and kissed Amber on the lips. 

It wasn't a long passionate one. It was only a peck but it sent Krystal over the edge. No one but her could touch her Dino friend but her. Besides, she knew Amber didn't roll that way.

In fact, Amber had never been allowed to date anyone, male or female, as long as Krystal was her friend. The redhead got jealous too easily.

Krystal grabbed Amber's hand. Still stunned from the kiss, Amber's glazed eyes looked at Krystal, who was pulling her away from the shocked brunette.

"Is there a private room in this bar?" Krystal asked, stumbling in her own feet. Amber, who now recovered, nodded and pointed towards an employees only door. 

Amber wasn't surprised when the brunette girl had started flirting with her; she got that a lot. What surprised her was that the girl had the courage to kiss her. Especially in front of Krystal. Ohhh, she knew she was in big trouble with the redhead.

Krystal barged into the employees only room. A couple people were in there but they all left happily when the redhead gave them her famous icy glare and said "Get out" in such a cold tone, Amber swore the room temperature lowered.

Once the last guy left, Krystal threw Amber on a white leather couch. Amber looked at the younger girl with bored eyes. She was used to Krystal's temper tantrums.

What she didn't expect was for Krystal to throw herself onto the older girl and kiss her. Deeply.

Amber sat on the couch like a dead fish, not knowing what to do. She suddenly heard a violent rhythm of thumps coming from Krystal. It took her exactly two seconds to realize that it was Krystal's heart, three seconds to pull the younger girl off her and two more seconds to force the girl to lie down under her.

"What are you doing?" Asked Amber. Her black button up shirt was ed with a white t-shirt that read 'Seoul National Swim Team'. Her usual pendant hung off her neck and was practically on top of Krystal's chest. Krystal blushed and smiled.

"I told you not to date or flirt with anyone when I'm around." Krystal said, flicking the pendant around.

"You're not the boss of me." Amber replied. She rolled her eyes at Krystal's next reply. She had heard it enough for a lifetime.

"But I love you." Krystal complained. Amber could still hear the distinct sound of Krystal's heart pounding. She suddenly remembered her position with the younger girl and was about to climb off when the door suddenly opened.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" 

Amber froze in fear. She looked up and stared at the heavily muscled, kick boxing champion standing in the doorway. The guy who who she referred to as Mr. Jung.

"Heehee. Daddy!" Krystal bubbled. Amber looked down at Krystal then back at Mr. Jung. Aish, she was going to get it now. 

"Get. Off. Her. NOW." Mr. Jung demanded. Without hesitation, Amber jumped off of Krystal and stood up straight.

"S-sir. It...it's n-not w-what you t-think..." Amber stuttered, trying to explain. Mr. Jung only waved his index finger at her, beckoning her to come. Amber gulped and obeyed. He led her to a corner, alone from Minho who was struggling to carry a flailing Krystal.

"I told you. One more 'accident'" he made quotation signs with his fingers, "and I would officially be done with it."

"Sir," Amber objected. "This time is different. I think she was drunk and-"

"Who was supposed to make sure she didn't drink?" Mr. Jung interjected. 

"I was but sir-" Amber tried again. Mr. Jung suddenly grabbed Amber's shirt and pushed her to the wall. 

"My oldest daughter fell for your charms, thinking you were a guy. You broke her heart and left her to some girl who, I should remind you, took her ity." He said bitterly.

Amber remembered it vaguely. She had no idea Jessica loved her until one of her friends, Yuri, told her. She had rejected Jessica, knowing Yuri would take good care of her. Now, that didn't seem like such a good idea. 

"The same thing will not happen to my youngest daughter." He finished.

"I understand sir, but we didn't do anything. I was only trying to-" Amber pleaded. Mr. Jung's eyes narrowed. 

"Do you want to die? You must think I'm stupid or something. Is there or is there not red lipstick that you never use on your lips?" Mr. Jung asked.

Aish! The red champagne! 

Amber was on the verge of tears.

"S-sir. Please. J-just let me explain. I would never disobey you in anyway. Please, understand." Amber begged. Mr. Jung shook his head in disgust. He let go of Amber's shirt and straightened his face.

"Understand this." He said. "You are to exit this bar, call a cab, in which I will pay for, and head to your apartment and pack your things. I will send two guys to your apartment to help with the bags. If you dare try to escape or contact any of my daughters, you will know my full wrath."

For the first time since she was 8 years old, Amber cried. Tears streamed down her face, blurring her vision. Mr. Jung left the room and motioned for Amber to follow. When Mr. Jung was in front of the exit, Amber ran over to him and hugged his right arm.

"Mr. Jung. Please listen to me. You're being irrational. Just let me-" Amber was cut off by the hard punch to her left eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A handsome blonde sat in a private plane alone with a distant looked. Her left eye was bruised and her face showed that she had been crying. 

The plane took off for it's destination: China. 

An air waitress came and saw the handsome blonde. She asked if the blonde was okay and she smiled when the blonde nodded. 

In the middle of the flight the blonde went to the bathroom.

"Get yourself together, Amber. It's not like you two were going to remain friends forever." She told herself. She shook her head and rinsed her face with cold water. 

The plane suddenly shook and red lights blinked.

"Ms. Liu. There is a problem with the plane. Ms. Liu, I repeat there is a problem with the plane. I need you to head to the emergency exit." 

Amber didn't need to be told twice. Once she heard the word problem, she left the bathroom. The air waitress was waiting outside the door. Without a word, she followed the waitress to the exit.

Suddenly, the pilot cursed and the plane crashed.