Chapter oo8

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 8: Her Friends

"Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." - Muhammad Ali

Althrough her classes, Ahri kept feeling giddy as she remembered her conversation with Chen and Baekhyun. It was very unlike her to keep giddy as she had never been like that before when someone asks her to hang out -- much so from the opposite . However, at least she had something to look out for today. As a matter of fact. Ahri had already packed her things five minutes before her Asian Studies' professor could even dismiss the whole class. More or less, she was excited over the fact that she had friends that she can trust -- for now, at least. She couldn't be so sure even now.

Finally, the bell rang, indicating the end of classes. The bell could've pronounced a groan out of her, but it didn't Instead, she was excited, although she won't admit it herself.

Ahri exited the campus and headed to Starbucks, where Chen, Baekhyun and had planned to meet during lunchtime. It was weird, nonetheless, since they'd be drinking coffee in the middle of the day. 

When she entered, she immediately noticed Chen and Baekhyun, who were already seated in one of the tables near the windows. She cracked a small smile upon entry, but quickly hid it back as she approached their table.

"Yo," Baekhyun greeted with a fidgety smile. It was obvious that they were feeling down, probably from that fight that they had talked about at class a while ago. "Hi," she mumbled quietly in reply. After that, there was another awkward silence. Chen, however, broke the silence and announced that they should already order.

"So, Ahri, why don't you recommend us what coffee to drink? We're not really fans of coffee, to be honest," Chen told her, cracking a small smile, "Not to mention that it's lunchtime right now, and we're practically drinking coffee in the middle of the day."

A quiet chuckle reverberated from Ahri’s chest as she looked at Chen. He had a small smile plastered on his face as well, indicating that his mood was still down, just like how Baekhyun was. She said, "Well, all of them are nice, but I highly recommend the Latte Macchiato," she explained briefly.

"Then three Latte Macchiatos it is, then?" Chen asked for confirmation and Ahri nodded in response. He then stood up to order at the counter, being the oldest from the three of them. Now, it was only Ahri and Baekhyun sitting at the table.

"You know, those boys keep on staring at you,” Baekhyun suddenly spoke, starting Ahri for a bit. Ahri, who had heard what Baekhyun said, surveyed the shop, and indeed, most of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter