Chapter o17

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 17: Her Unwanted Memories

"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear;
knowing what must be done does away with fear." - Rosa Parks

After ten minutes, they had finally arrived at the club. Thankfully, there was no traffic on the way. They got out of the van one by one and entered the club. They were welcomed by the sight of drunk people, both men and women. A lot of people were staring at them as they entered. Who wouldn't when group of hot men with a hot girl just entered the club? The boys were unfazed by the stares though. Ahri, however, wasn't so confident with herself despite her usual cold exterior, as she lowered her head. She wasn’t accustomed to that type of crowd – especially not with drunk men involved. She felt belittled under their lustful gazes, and almost immediately, she felt disgusted by how blunt they were staring at her.

Ahri stuck to Kai's side all the time. She was a little comfortable with the new environment especially since this was her first time entering an actual club. Plus, the others already grouped themselves and did their things. Suho and Chen went to talk to the manager. Apparently, Suho's uncle owns the club so Ahri and EXO can lounge in the VIP room at the second floor of the club. Sehun, Luhan, D.O and Lay went to check the dance floor while the others either talked among themselves or were busy checking *coughs coughs* girls out, which leaves Kai and Ahri alone; hence, the club allowed them in even though most of them were underaged.

"You're okay?" Kai asked her.

"Err. I don't know. This place creeps me out. I feel like a lot people are staring at me," she said honestly.

Kai checked the people around and noticed that there are men who were checking her out. Some were even staring openly with smirks and some were even drooling, clearly majority of them were drunk. Kai glared at them all and removed his jacket. He placed it on Ahri's shoulders covering her and wrapped his arm on her shoulders protectively. Ahri blushed at the gesture and thanked him. She did not make any move to remove it since she felt protected and safe with Kai. She'd always feel that way when they were together. Chanyeol though who was talking to Baekhyun saw what happened and glared at Kai but was failed to get noticed. Baekhyun followed his gaze and smiled knowingly.

"They're so cute together~" He cooed trying to .

"Do you want a punch in the face? It's free of charge." He glared at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at him, "Oh come on, Yeol. Loosen up. It's fine to be overprotective to your sister at times, but give her a break will you? She has a life too and she has the right to decide what she wants to do or not. And from what I see, they both like each other. And come on! I thought you're Kai's fan, for God’s sake! You should know whether he's actually good for your sister or not, right?” He paused, taking a sip of the Martini he took from the bar. “Kai's good for your sister. I know he can melt that ice around her."

"Shut up, Baek. You just don't understand. You didn't see what she was like years ago when Kris broke her. She was lifeless, I tell you," he explained.

"Yeol, look at them and see how your sister interacts with Kai. Can't you see he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter