Chapter oo4

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 4: Her First Day, Part 2

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often,
and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

The day passed by like a blur. So far, Ahri had only knew Chen and Baekhyun – not that she minded. She didn’t really want to mingle and talk with the other students of both genders, as she knew that boys would just ogle over her whilst girls would only chat, gossip, and act ridiculously annoying and over-acting, which Ahri absolutely loathed. She didn't bother to make friends in her other classes. Of course that thought that having friends in college is better but the fear of trusting again still lingers in her mind. So she decided that she won't make friends or even to talk to others in her classes, although tomorrow she presumes that Chen and Baekhyun will still be bothering her considering their lively personalities.

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosopy and art – it has no survival value; rather, it is one of those things that value to survival.

As much as Ahri wouldn’t admit it, her heart lurks for friendship, and it fidgets from the possibility of Chen and Baekhyun being his friends. She knew that they were a happy bunch, and she may be willing to try and build some friendship with them, given the chance, even if she was still scared.

The bell signalled end of her last class which was Asian Studies. She immediately packed her things as she wanted to drop by Starbucks today. She was feeling irritated because she was feeling the curious glances of her classmates during class – especially the ones from the opposite gender. Like before, it irritated her to the max. She couldn’t even count the number of times she sighed and glared at those boys. Even when she was dashing in the hallway, she was being stared at. You can't blame the boys though. The way her long brown hair was swaying with the air and how her hazel eyes were glistening as she was passing the hallway held definite captivation. She was beautiful; there was no doubt about that.

With another sigh she decided to stop by her locker first to store her books since it was getting heavier by the moment. She put the code to her locker hastily and put her books inside, leaving her International Studies book out and finally deciding to put it inside her bag since she needs to study more in this subject as it was one of her major subjects after all. After placing the book neatly in the bag and checking if her books were arranged, she closed her locker, only to be startled as a big, goofy happy virus was standing next to her at the right side of her locker door.

"What the hell?! You big freaking doofus!" Ahri shrieked, at the same time punching her brother lightly on his arms. She couldn’t help but feel startled. I mean, who wouldn’t when a sudden giant appears beside you? Moreover, she had seen her brother two times in a row today, which gave her more surprise – she felt that he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter