Chapter o23

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 23: Her First Date, Pt. 2

“I wondered what happened when you offered yourself to someone, and they opened you, only to discover you were not
the gift they expected and they had to smile and nod and say thank you all the same.” ― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

For the next thirty minutes, Ahri’s mind was full of question marks. Why? Well, she doesn’t know what Kai’s up to. They’ve been circling Hongdae for a while now, and if you’d ask her, it seems that Kai was doing it on purpose, maybe to stall some time.

She was busy with her thoughts when suddenly, she jolted as she felt her hand getting grabbed. She looked at the source and saw Kai. The latter didn’t even look at her but he was smiling as he was looking ahead. Ahri knew he was only trying to look cool and macho since the light shade of red on his ears betrayed him. She inwardly snickered at the thought and absentmindedly tightened her grip on Kai’s hand. The two of them continued to walk through the busy streets of Hongdae for God knows where.

Another thirty minutes has passed and Ahri was growing tired. She inwardly cursed herself for wearing heels as she was pretty sure there were already blisters on her feet. Her legs were growing numb, causing her to walk like she was limping or something. Kai seemed to notice and chuckled. He led her to the nearest bench he found and help her sit down. What he did next made Ahri’s eyes grow wide.

He kneeled on the cement in front of her and looked at her in the eyes. He lightly chuckled and eyed her feet. He softly grabber her left foot and removed her killer heels. He did it really carefully as if the thing he was holding was priceless. He slightly frowned when he saw blisters and cursed himself for dragging her with him for too long. After cursing himself, he began massaging Ahri’s foot, then after doing the same for her right one.

Ahri’s cheeks were in a bright shade of red from the moment he kneeled in front of her till he finished massaging her feet. She didn’t expect him doing that move, and honestly, her heart fluttered. Never did she experience a simple yet fluttering gesture as this before. She was thankful, but at the same time embarrassed. She saw a lot of people, more specifically couples, eyeing and pointing at them while chuckling at the scene at the same time. She was embarrassed indeed, but what the heck. She enjoyed the simple gesture, and she was really thankful as she felt her as energized as ever.

When Kai was finished, he glanced at Ahri, still kneeling and said, “Are you tired, still?”

Ahri absentmindedly shook her head, as if she was in a daze. Kai misunderstood it that she was still feeling tired, so he grabbed her heels and spun backwards, letting Ahri face his back, “Hop on.”

“W-what?” Ahri stuttered.

‘Does he want me to ride his back? I haven’t rode a guy’s back besides my dad’s though.”

A few seconds passed by and Kai didn’t feel any movement. He was about to face her again when he felt her arms circling his neck, and her body drooping on his back. The both of them instantly felt hot with the close proximity.

Ahri felt awkward, but she thought that she might as well enjoy the experience so she sighed nonchalantly and dropped her head on the crook of his neck. The latter felt his face grew red as he felt her breath on his neck, but shrugged the feeling off. He felt his phone vibrate on his pocket, so he jumped slightly, making sure Ahri wouldn’t fall, and grabbed his phone on his pocket. Thankful that she was holding on his neck, he read the message and smiled.

‘It’s time.” He thought.

His happy thought were broken when she spoke. “I’m sorry.”

He frowned slightly. Why would she say sorry? Shouldn’t she be thankful that he carried her instead? Weird girl, indeed. “What for?”

“Well, I’m sorry if I’m boring you. I m-mean… I’m pretty sure I’m not like the other girls you’ve dated before. And secondly… I’m h-heavy.”

He frowned at her words but flinched slightly; not because of her words, but because he felt Ahri’s pout and it lightly grazed his neck’s skin. Her warm breath caressing it didn’t help the situation as well. Ahri surely didn’t realize what she’s done, and Kai was silently thankful for that, but he fought hard to control himself as he felt his hormones hiking up. He controlled himself and fought hard to stay as normal as possible. “Y-you don’t need to be sorry Ahri. You’re right, you’re not like the other girls I’ve date before, but that doesn’t mean I’m bored with you. I wasn’t even bored in the first place. Plus, you’re special Ahri. Remember that. Oh, and you’re not heavy. I’m surprised you’re as light as a stick. Doesn’t Yoda hyung feed you enough food? I should give him the beating this time.”

She lightly chucked at his words, her warm breath giving its way to his skin yet again, and oh my… his hormones. Oh the joy of indirect skinship. “Enough drama. Where are we going?” She asked.

Kai stuck his tongue out mockingly as if Ahri would see it. “Not telling. It’s for me to know and for you to find out. That is... if you find out.” He said, mockingly.

“Whatever.” She shrugged coolly. He grinned widely; typical Ahri she is, right?

Ahri’s eyes were already drooping when Kai hailed a cab. He took the blindfold out of his pocket and blindfolded her, taking advantage of her sleeping. The taxi driver looked at him accusingly, and he chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck in nervousness.

“Ahjussi, I’m not kidnapping her. I swear! She’s my girlfriend, and I’m planning on surprising her tonight.” He said, waving his left hand in defense in the process.

The driver looked at him questioningly and shrugged like he didn’t care at all in the first place, “So where to?”

Kai mentally sighed in relief and thanked the old man mentally for not pushing it further. As if he really did kidnap her in the first place. Pssh. “To Yeouido Park ahjussi.” He said, pertaining to the park he and Ahri meet most of the time. (A/N: I don’t know what to name it, so I researched and used the first park’s name I saw. Sorry.)

A few minutes later, the two of them arrived to the said park. Kai paid the driver, then lightly shook Ahri. She woke up and planned to rub her eyes, only to find out that she was blindfolded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter