Chapter o11

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 11: Her Sighs

"No matter how sure you are of someones appreciation and admiration, its always nice to be reminded of it." - Melchor Lim

Ahri blinked a few times wondering why Kai was there. "What are you doing here Kai?" She blurted out the question that bugged her for a minute. She registered the boy that was standing in front of her. He was wearing casual clothes that sported summer really well. He wore  a simple jeans that was matched with a simple, white shirt. He was also holding a lieges, which held three adorable dogs. Ahri thought that they were cute.

Kai chuckled upon hearing her blunt question, though he felt happy when he realized that she remembered his name. "I'm visiting my friend's house tonight, together with my other two friends. They just bought ice cream somewhere, I think?" His statement came out like a question.

Ahri raised an eyebrow but didn't reply. The cute expression on his face as he asked his last statement had forced her into one of her most loathed memories -- a memory that she didn't want to remember in the first place. Why? Because a guy named Kris was on it, who was also know as her ex-best friend -- the boy that was faces with a girl on the very first  day of classes for the semester. Oh joy, right?

 

Flashback

“I’ll be back, Kris! I just have to go to the bathroom!” Ahri called as she got up and patted Kris on the head as if he was a god, which gained her a scowl in return. They both decided to have an emergency movie night that time, seeing how it would be their second year of being best friends that day. Their movie night was supposedly scheduled for the next day, but since it was indeed their BFF anniversary, they decided to watch a movie a day earlier, which they both agreed at. They had been watching half of The Hunger Games movie when Ahri felt like she was going to pee any moment soon.

“I just want to let you know that I have no plans of pausing the movie, so hurry your up here, okay?” Kris hollered, smirking.

Ahri poked her head at the bathroom door, scowling in return at her best friend as she tried to suppress the urge to pee. “Whatever, Christopher. Whatever floats your boat,” she rolled her eyes as she retorted, and slammed the door with a loud back afterwards as she poked her head back, the urge of peeing becoming stronger by the second.

When she went back to sit back on the living room’s sofa, she realized that Kris had paused the movie. Seeing how he was too busy fiddling with his phone, she quickly pecked his cheek, thankful that the living room was dark enough for the movie, so he was unable to see her reddened cheeks.

“What was that for?” Kris asked, palming the spot that his best friend pecked.

“Nothing,” Ahri mumbled, “I’m just thankful that you paused the movie for me.” She grinned sheepishly as she pinched Kris’ cheeks.

“Ow! Ow! Ow!” He hollered in pain as he slapped her hands away softly, rubbing his cheeks as he sulked and playfully glared at the latter. “That hurt, woman! And I didn’t pause the game for you, if that helps! I was just busy with my phone,” he said, wanting to prove his point.

“Again, Kris, whatever floats your boat,” she said, her eyes glinting mischief. Two seconds later, she was tickling the other on his sides, which had effectively affected the latter as Kris rolled on his side of the sofa and laughed his head off from her tickles. Ahri knew that he paused the game. She just knew it. She wasn’t his best friend for nothing, after all.

“Thank you for pausing the game for me, Kris,” she sheepishly said as she sat upright after tickling her best friend.

“I absolutely don’t know what you’re talking about, you crazy woman,” he said back, fixing his ruffled hair and his crumpled shirt that had looked unkempt from their previous tickling session. He had a cute expression on his face, as he tilted his head on his side as he looked at her with a curious, confused expression.

End of Flashback

 

“Hey. Ahri-ah! Are you okay?” A sudden voice had snapped her out of her reverie, her head immediately snapping at the voice direction; one would’ve been bewildered that she didn’t gain a whip splash from her sudden movement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter