Chapter oo2

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 2: Her Brother

"It is foolish to pretend that one is fully recovered from a disappointed passion.
Such wounds always leave a scar." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Ahri gaped as she registered that it was none other than her brother, Park Chanyeol, who had wrapped his arms to steady her from falling. A few moments later, she squinted her eyes and glared at her brother before shouting loudly, quite attracting the attention of the customers. "Ya! what are you doing here?!" She demanded. It wasn't like she was angry or anything. In fact, to her, it was as if she was mocking her brother, even though to other people, it might look like she was starting an argument. Maybe it was the fact that he came all the way to her favorite coffee shop and meet her there instead of just finding her at school, but then again, that reasoning still sounds weird. Ahri would be settling with pissing her brother off in the end.

A brother might be someone who will hide your toys and break your dolls, but he’ll eventually pick you up whenever you fall. He’s someone who will stand by your side and hold your hand. When things don’t go well, he’ll definitely help you stand up.

"Wassup yo! Wait. Ya?! What the hell is that tone I'm hearing, young lady?! Is that the proper way to greet you brother who came all the way here to visit his super cute but annoying sister who's so snobbish and mean to his brother who's thinking of leaving right this instant?" He was practically breathing heavily as he relayed his oh-so-speech in one breath. One could consider him a hassler at that. He was definitely the master of blurting out things in one breath. He didn't actually mind that his sister forgot to use honorifics to address him who was clearly older than him; more so her brother. He had just began to over-exaggerize as he wanted to see his sister smile.

She straightened herself and picked up her things from the floor with the help of her brother. She took her belongings from Chanyeol and huffed, "What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be at home? Your classes don't start till ten," she said, pertaining to Chanyeol being a senior and her being a junior. As a senior, who is soon-to-be-graduating, Chanyeol only had a few classes to attend to. The downside at that was the fact that he had more priorities to finish aside from classes, like on-the-job trainings, outdoor seminars, graduation pictures, and so on. On the other hand, she was partly happy that she happened to see her brother though. After all, being a loner has some consequences, too; and two of them are the facts that you can't trust anybody, and that you don't have someone to hang with during your breaks.

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy would be to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, along with the heavens, and to be with peace; because one can feel that all is to as it should be.

Ahri had no longer felt lonely as soon as Chanyeol came, though she would never admit it out loud. Chanyeol suddenly gasped dramatically, curling his right hand to his chest as if she had hurt him emotionally, "You don't want me here?! Omo-ya, aigoo!" He looked briefly at her back, noticing the curious glances of the boys inside the coffee shop. He went back to being dramatic and stomped his foot on the cemented ground in protest, as if he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter