Chapter o19

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 19: Her Glare

"Disenchantment, whether it is a minor disappointment or a major shock, is the signal
that things are moving into transition in our lives." - William Throsby Bridges

A week has passed and Kai and Ahri were still avoiding each other. Kai was obviously avoiding her, while Ahri on the other hand, was just going with the flow since she doesn't know how to handle situations like this. In conclusion, they were both avoiding each other. Their actions were noticed by the rest of EXO though. They were confused, especially Chanyeol but the said boy was relieved at the same time. He thought that the two avoiding each other was better than them having a relationship.

Finals were approaching, and soon enough, Ahri and the rest of the boys from English class will not be seeing each other next semester since they will be having different core courses. Ahri, Baekhyun, Chen and Tao were eating at the cafeteria since it was lunch time. "I can't believe the end of semester is near." Chen said while poking his food with the fork.

"Yeah, me either. Time sure flies by fast." Baekhyun commented.

"Pssh. At least you guys will still be together. Ahri would be alone." Tao retorted while munching his sandwich. Ahri rolled her eyes.

Baekhyun and Chen snickered, "I forgot the ice princess doesn't have any other friends that us." Baekhyun said while snickering.

She glared at him, "Shut up you piece of meat." Baekhyun pouted, "I'm used to being alone anyway. Besides, I won't alone. I still have Jieun remember?"

"Oh yeah. Hahaha,” he paused, sarcastically laughing, “I forgot. Anyway, some of the guys are hanging out at the arcade after school. Want to come?" Chen offered. She eyed him then in return. "Is Kai going to be there?" She asked warily, her voice curious yet guarded.

"Er, I don't think so." Baekhyun replied too fast. She knew better. "Come on, Ahri. Just come with us, ne? We rarely hang out these days ever since the finals started approaching. Come with us, ne?" Tao offered, assuring her.

She sighed in defeat, "Fine. Does my brother know about this?"

"Nope. Don't worry. We'll just tell him we'll hang out later." Baekhyun said.

"Fine,” she agreed, not wanting to argue any longer. Ahri glanced at her wristwatch and saw that there were still thirty agonizing minutes before the bell rang. "Hey, I'm going to go get some coffee. I forgot to have some this morning," she announced, standing up.

"You want me to come with you?" Tao offered, and was about to stand up from his seat when Ahri disagreed.

"No thanks, panda. I'm not a child anymore. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter