Chapter o10

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 10: Her Smile

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." - Bruce Lee

Last night, Ahri and Chanyeol went to have some sibling fun, which seemed to have been ages since they had last gone to bond together. They both rode almost all the rides in the amusement park -- Lotte World, and played a lot of games from random stalls. Chanyeol even won his sister a large pink bear from one of the games, to which Ahri almost died from embarassment from how childish it seemed, but nonetheless, she accepted the gift wholeheartedly.

That night, Ahri didn't hesitate to hide her smiles. In fact, she was smiling althoughout the night. She couldn't help it. Who wouldn't, anyway? It was like she had just had the fun that she had long wanted for a long time.

Like what they always say, every gift which is given, even though small, is great in reality, especially if it's given with affection. More so, bad things do happen, but how you respond to them defines your character and the quality of your life.

It seemed that Ahri had fully comprehended the situation, and decided that she would be as affectionate as she could to her brother from that moment on. More so, their parents were always away and busy as well, so she only had Chanyeol indeed at the moment. She should make the best out of it since it could be considered as Chanyeol being the only person possible to provide that comfort that a family would give her. As for her parents, well, she was fine with them gone. They had responsibilities as their parents as well, and Ahri understood that. They had to work hard to provide the best life there is for their children. Although they were always away, Ahri also knew that they missed her and Chanyeol as well. It doesn't matter though as Ahri knew that they were always there to support them, though far away. They didn't know of the 'K' accident from the past, which Ahri prefers to instead of them knowing.

Setting that aside, the siblings had gotten got home at 11:50 p.m. Although they went home too late, no regrets were found since they enjoyed their time together. For the first time, Ahri didn't care if she would even get home too late, as she still had fun with her brother. She cherished their moment together, as if he'd be gone the next day when he wouldn't. There was no doubt that the Park siblings were getting closer like how close they were originally in the past, and Chanyeol was sure that her ice was slowly melting, and was happy for that.

 

The next morning, Ahri did her daily routine, though she wore an unusual smile on her face while doing so. She took a shower and picked her clothes from her walk-in closet. She decided to wear a pink floral dress matched with her pink flats since it's summer, making sure that they were matching, yet warm in the eyes. The color didn't seem to stand out like the typical Barbie-colored dresses on malls. It only had a normal tint of pink: not too much, and not too shabby.

After that, she decided to curl her hair -- only the ends of her hair -- and wore a white headband. She looked at her reflection and the mirror and felt satisfied with herself.

It was unusual though, because the smile plastered in her face seemed to be unremovable. She couldn't help but remember what happened last night at the amusement park. She definitely missed hanging out with her brother. 

Ahri was thirty minutes early when she arrived at her college, so she decided to go to and buy some frap from Starbucks. She started walking to the cafe and when she entered, she noticed that Chen and Baekhyun were sitting at the table they sat on yesterday. They haven't noticed her yet. She ordered her frap and went to sit next to them while waiting for her drink to come.

She greeted them as she sat down. "Hi. What are you guys doing here?" Both boys weren't answering her and were just staring. She was confused. She then realized that almost all of the boys at the cafe were staring at her as usual. "Is something wrong with my face?" She started touching her face and Baekhyun soon broke his trance and stopped her. He started pinching her cheeks.

"You're so beautiful today! I knew I was right when I told you to smile more often!" He laughed while pinching her cheeks.

Ahri swatted his hands and chuckled lightly, still feeling happier than ever.

"Wa! You're even laughing! Is the world going to end now?!" Chen exclaimed over-dramatically, covering his mouth with both his hands, but Ahri only continued laughing, captivating the two boys in front of her with the new and seemingly rare scenery in front of them. The boys at the cafe were awestruck since it was rare that the ice princess was smiling and laughing as well, but it was a really good sight indeed.

Soon enough, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter