Chapter o20

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 20: Her Suspicions

"Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the
meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." - Muhammad Ali

Jessica was absolutely fuming, of course. Who wouldn't when her boyfriend for three years broke up with her? She cannot focus on her other classes after what happened so she decided to call it a day. She was walking home when she came across the arcade. She didn't care at first until she saw Ahri, Baekhyun, Tao and Chen go inside. She glared their way, particularly Ahri's way, as she remembered her conversation with Kris at the shop a while ago. She decided to go inside the arcade as well, but making sure they don't see her.

Meanwhile, after classes, the boys and Ahri were walking towards the arcade. Ahri wasn't really in the mood since the incident at the cafe but the boys were really persistent. Chen and Tao were arguing what game they should play in the arcade while Baekhyun was talking to Ahri.

"Are you really okay?" Baekhyun said.

"I'm fine," she replied with a straight face.

"Really now?" He raised his eyebrow, "You don't look okay to me. You can talk to me, you know? What are friends for?" She immediately softened as he mentioned the word 'friend.' She looked at Baekhyun, then at Tao and Chen.

'Right. I forgot I have friends now,' she thought.

"Alright, I'll tell you. Promise me you won't tell Chanyeol though," she said.

"Is it that confidential? Err, you don't really have to tell me. I don't want to experience the wrath of the derp," Baekhyun said mocking nervousness. Ahri glared and punched his shoulder. "I was just kidding!" He pouted. He straightened himself and inserted his hands on his pockets, "Seriously, you can tell me."

"Fine. Remember when I went to the cafe after lunch?" Baekhyun nodded in acknowledgement, "Well, I saw Jessica and Kris." She sighed before continuing, "Well they were arguing. They even caused a scene since Jessica was all out shouting at him. What really bothered me though was when Jessica said about this 'deal.' I feel like it has something to do with what happened in the past." She let it all out.

"Deal, huh? Well, if I were you I'll just ignore it. Stop worrying about the past." he said, "Wait, are you still planning on confronting him?"

"W-well. I'm not really sure right now. I just. I-i don't know I've been thinking of what you guys told me last time but... I don't know anymore," she let her head down.

Baekhyun patted her head and placed his arms on her shoulders for comfort, "Aigoo. Do what your heart tells you and don't just follow what others tell you to do. You should know that we'll always be here for you but remember that our comments don't really matter. You'll always have the final say, so do what you think is best and make sure you don't regret the consequences. Alright?"

"Alright. Thanks Baek,” she thanked the latter. "No sweat." Suddenly, his phone beeped indicating a message. He grinned after reading the message.

"You look weird. Who is it?"

"No one. Let's go!!!!"

After five seemingly long minutes of walking, they finally arrived at the arcade. Chen and Tao were already playing at the basketball machine while Baekhyun and Ahri watched the game. A few shoots later, Chen was declared winner. "Ha! I win! Come on, pay up!" He extended his hands at Tao. The latter only rolled his eyes on him but gave the money nonetheless.

"Wiee!" Chen began his victory dance and wiggled his . Tao grabbed Baek and Ahri's hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter