Chapter o21

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 21: Her Decision

"It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you've known
forever don't see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” ― Nicholas Sparks

The boy kept a firm grip on Ahri's wrist, seemingly not wanting to let go of her wrist. Ahri didn't mind the skinship though since she was close with him before. The two of them decided to go to the nearby cafe instead of eating in a restaurant since the both of them were not in the mood to eat. Ahri was indeed hungry, as the other boys didn't even remember to eat dinner before dragging her to the arcade, but she was craving for something bitter, but sweet at the same time. Coffee. Yes, that's the only material thing that calms her heart whenever she has problems.

They entered the cafe, and usual bittersweet scent of coffee filled their noses. The boy told her to sit on a table as he orders their drinks. She nodded and chose to sit on the table beside the glass window. Most of the walls were replaced by windows, letting the customers see the view outside the cafe. She plugged her earphones as she listened to B.A.P's 1004 (Angel). How she loved that song. She's not exactly a Kpop fan, but she grew fond of the said group. She admired the meanings behind each songs the leader Yongguk composed. She admired how their music videos hold so much symbolism. Her favorite song so far was Angel, their latest song. It reflects how people grieve and how they move on or choose what path they'll take after a certain loss. She can somewhat relate herself, remembering how many times she grieved when Kris bullied and left her for Jessica. They were supposed to be best of friends, but he abandoned her like a used doll, replacing it with a new one.

Something was bothering her though. When Kris and Jessica were arguing at the cafe, the latter mentioned something about a 'deal.' What could it be? It is possible that it is connected to Ahri, right? Does it have something to do with Kris bullying her? But he clearly looked like he loved Jessica with all his heart, considering how he abandoned his friend just to be with his love. Sigh. Too many problems have come.

They said that when you don't know where to start, just go to a place you miss so much. There is a place in her mind, Starbucks. How she wished she could go to that coffee shop where she and Kris first met. It was then when she first liked coffee. It was where she knew so much about Kris. How she wished she could relieve those happy memories with her ex-best friend. But what can she do? She could do nothing but move on. She already threw away the thought of talking to Kris anyway, since she had a feeling that there will be drama soon as he broke up with Jessica, and she doesn't want drama.

Her thoughts were broken when she felt a finger poke her sensitive waist. She gasped and let out a small squeal, before glaring at the culprit. The boy held his hands up in surrender, "Sorry," he smiled sheepishly.

She rolled her eyes at him and removed her earphones.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter