Chapter o25

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 25: Her Partner

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." – George S. Patton

It has been a day since Jongin left for Japan. He refused to let Ahri send him off at the airport; mainly because he thinks that he won't be able to go up the plane without her. Fortunately, Ahri agreed, since she herself found it hard to send him off. The couple had indeed grow closer than before. You could say that they're partly best friends apart from being a couple.

Here she is now, grumpily throwing her things on her locker before getting to class. The bell rang indicating the start of another class. She groaned. She remembered how Jongin would always accompany her every period. Sadly, he had gone to a vacation with his own family for two weeks. She pouted at the thought of now seeing him for that long, and sighed eventually as she thought that there's nothing much she could do of the matter. It was a 'family' vacation after all. She should give him that at least, she though. After all, they had been stuck like a wad of gum since they had become official.

Although out the day, Ahri had been sticking up with her usual character as the so-called "ice-princess". It's not that she wanted to go back through that old facede though. She was indeed gloomy all day. Apparently, she had been waiting for Kai's promised call after he lands in Japan. It has been over twenty-four hours now yet he hasn't called, still. She did in fact felt disappointed, but what else could she do, right?

She sighed for the umpteenth time and plastered her usual poker face, only this time, it was more stoic. She could feel eyes on her, to be honest, mostly from boys.

'I bet they're just weirded out since the usual blooming Ahri is now gloomy. Blame the tanned boy for that,' she thought.

Ahri absent-mindedly tapped her mechanical pencil as she spread her notebook and her French textbook on her desk. French class was actually her favorite; however, her professor was just the most boring professor you could even imagine. He would often dose off at his own lecture, to which her other classmates take as an opportunity to leave the class early. Sometimes they even play a prank on him, and every time he wakes up from those pranks, he would just shrug it off and act like nothing happened, even though it was quite obvious who those prankters were. Him being an idiot would sound weird. Maybe he's just getting older, don't you think?

The university's bell rang again indicating the start and end of yet another class. Ahri sighed another time as she collected her things and placed them neatly on her bag. She groaned as she took a glimpse from her phone. There weren't any notifications of any calls nor texts. Ahri scrunched her nose and sighed yet again. She was about to set out of the room when her professor called her suddenly. 

"Park Ahri," Mr. Jung, her old, French professor, hollered, "Can you please come here for a sec? I have to tell you something."

Ahri's face turned into a confused one, an expression to which differed from the poker face she had pulled off the whole day. She nodded and politely walked towards Mr. Jung, who now seemed like he was about to dose off again. "What is it about, sir?" She asked politely, although a little bit loud to shake the old man awake.

That seemed to get his attention as lightly shook his head to get rid of sleepiness and took a glance at Ahri. He seemed to be raking his head for the right words to say before he snapped his fingers, indicating that he finally remembered. It was a good thing that he remembered a bit faster that you could imagine since the ice princess was already getting impatient.

"Oh. You're good in English, right?" He asked, waiting for Ahri's reply. The latter took a moment to answer since she was kind of nervous as to why he asked that question. She sensed that it had something to do with an extra-curricular activity, and she was proven right as the old man smiled and took out a pamphlet of some sort as soon as she nodded her head. She hesitantly took the pamphlet from him and bowed appreciatively, just for formality. The pamphlet talked about an English competition, one to which will took place a couple of days from now; the exact same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter