Chapter o12

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 12: Her Shock

"Future shock is the shattering stress and disorientation that we induce in individuals
by subjecting them to too much change in too short a time." - Alvin Toffler.

Ahri opened the apartment door and let the guys in, slightly defeated from the fact that she had to let them it for hospitality. It wasn’t like she was leaving them out, anyway. She was a bit pissed off that they were a part of that group she had loathed at as her brother had kept on mentioning them to her before, but then again, deep inside, she knew that she had no right to judge them. In fact, she had, indeed, already considered them as her own friends – maybe Chen and Baekhyun only as she was still way about Kai.

The boys mumbled quite Thank you’s at Ahri for letting them in, feeling a bit awkward as they, too, were surprised that she was the derp’s sister. They soon took their shoes off and entered; Ahri followed after then and closed the door securely, for safe precautions, of course.

"You guys want some drinks?" She politely asked, though she felt the awkward tension in her apartment. The guys nodded and told her that a juice might do. Nodding in acknowledgement, Ahri went to the kitchen and prepared the drinks. She put the four glasses of pineapple juice, together with a pitcher of water in the tray, then went to the living room.

Kai saw her struggling with the heavy tray and offered help. Ahri was a bit hesitant at first but Kai insisted so she can't do anything but comply with his request. As he took the tray from her, their hands accidentally brushed against each other and Ahri flinched, immediately yanking her hand away, almost hitting the tray off if wasn't for Kai's fast reflexes.

She had felt some sort of electricity zapping on her skin when it touched Kai’s, which readily confused, mentally scolding her skin for being abnormal. She watched as Kai’s face contorted into concern, though she just brushed it off and turned around, not wanting to catch eyes with Kai.

Kai was about to ask her what was wrong since he turned away from him until Ahri walked away and went to the living room, sitting in the sofa across Chen and beside Baekhyun. He guessed that he wouldn't get the answer he wanted, so he brushed the question away and placed the heavy tray in the table, then sat down next to Chen.

Ahri cleared to gain their attention, "So, if you guys are meeting Chanyeol, then why are you this early? You do know his classes don't end till 7:ooPM, right?" She asked.

"Well, your 'oppa', told us that he'll come home at 5:00PM since their professor was absent," Chen said, emphasizing the oppa, while Ahri rolled her eyes in return with a scoff. Chen had wanted to about it. He knew that it wasn’t in her personality to acknowledge other people, but he didn’t really expect her to call her own brother that informally.

"Yup, and since we're dismissed early, we decided to come here ourselves, since Kai wanted to visit the park earlier. We didn't expect to meet you there though, but luckily we did! And now we finally know who the derp's sister is! Although we didn't expect it to be you either." Baekhyun added, slightly rambling his words like there was no tomorrow, which had reminded Ahri of how his brother would speak too much as if he was holding his breath. She figured that he learned it from Baekhyun. One way or another, she figured that they were all close with her brother, considering that they had visited him.

"Well if you think about it, you and your 'oppa' are totally opposites. You don't seem like the derp's sister if you ask me. Are you sure he's your brother?" Kai asking, his tone of voice teasing.

Ahri scoffed, "Of course I am." She still felt slightly irritated from their previous interaction. She remembered the zap of electricity that flowed through her skin when they touched Kai’s, momentarily taking her in a little trance of wonder as she reminisced the feeling. Truth to be told, it was an oddly nice feeling for her, though a bit weird nonetheless it was from Kai, after all.

"Well, they do have similarities though. They're both tall, if you ask me. Although not as tall as her 'oppa', she's quite taller than the average girls, and it's not a bad thing. A tall girl with that looks is a complete turn on for guys." Chen said, slightly defending Ahri yet slightly teasing her, too. She was a little irritated with them for teasing her of the 'oppa' thing, but shrugged it off. After all, it was wrong of her to address her brother informally, though she had already grown used to it, and it wasn’t like Chanyeol minded – or so she thought.

The other two nodded their heads, agreeing to what Chen said. Ahri noticed the faint blush in Kai's cheeks, as if he was imagining things in his mind.

Ahri blushed as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter