Chapter o24

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 24: Her Boyfriend

Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough
to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could. – Barbara de Angelis

Two months have passed and Ahri and Kai’s relationship grew, although Ahri thinks that her feelings haven’t grown that much for the latter – well for her at least. Kai has been going all the way for her. He has been her guardian angel – more like a servant – mainly because he did all the things he could do and could think of for her, which kind of irritated her to be honest. She didn’t want to be treated as a damsel in distress nor a princess. Other than that, she couldn’t deny that her heart somehow flutters with his simple gestures. She had rather grew more comfortable with hanging out with Kai, and she enjoys the continuous dates the latter has been giving her. She hadn’t used her usual pokerface for a while as well, with most of her university mates eyeing her more often because of her new aura – much to Kai’s dismay. On the other hand, she has been thinking of Kris from time to time, but it rarely happens though when she's with Kai. You could say that she hasn't completely move on from Kris, but Kai has been helping though, and she was grateful for that. She had always wanted to take her mind off of the tall guy, and through his 'boyfriend', it was possible.

The couple was sitting at a table of one of the cafes to be found in Hongdae. Kai phoned her a while ago since he was itchy to get out of his house. He also told Ahri that he has to tell her something important. Ahri agreed since they didn’t really have some classes today; rather their next class would be two days from now. Ahri was a bit anxious though since he sounded a bit serious on the phone, which contradicts to his true nature and personality since he has always been fun and cheerful whenever they’re together.

Ahri sipped her cappuccino and took a glance at the boy in front of her as she placed it down. She admits that she missed the taste of coffee; but that’s none of her main concerns at the moment. She looked at Kai with an anxious, yet curious face, as she was really nervous to what he has to say. The latter wasn’t unfazed with her nervousness though. He was rather staring at her; nothing more, nothing less, and it was kind of making Ahri feel uncomfortable.

“Is everything fine?” Ahri said, breaking the silence.

Kai didn’t reply though. He continued to stare at her for a few more seconds before sighing and taking a sip from his own cappuccino. He sighed once again before staring directly into her eyes.

“My parents told me that we have to go to Japan for two weeks,” he blurted out, still staring into her eyes.

Ahri’s eyebrow twitched; not because she was irritated at what he said. She was rather confused as to why he was bothered by that, “so?”

Kai pouted. He reached his hand out to place on top of Ahri’s and sighed exasperatedly, “but it’s for two weeks. Two weeks! I won’t see you for two weeks! Won’t you miss me?” He continued to whine, his hand still on top of hers.

Ahri chuckled from his childishness, “You big baby. It’s only for two weeks yet you’re acting as if we won’t see each other for years. Plus, it’s your parents’ decision. You have to abide by them,” she pointed out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter