Chapter oo3

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 3: Her First Day, Part 1

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Ahri arrived at 7:10 A.M, ten minutes late. She was particularly showering her brother with curse words on her head as she came in late, though she didn't have the guts to curse him out loud so she only did it mentally. She didn't want to be late. Heck, she never wanted to in the first place. However, she was slightly thankful for the fact that her professor hasn’t arrived yet.

She was one of the typical studious persons that you can find in schools of universities. She's not one you could group with nerds though, appearance-wise. Ahri dresses herself elegantly, as a matter of fact. She had a mind-set of making sure that she looked presentable at all time. She wasn't girly, nor the typical cheerleader-type of person. She was just a normal girl, though she wasn't that normal either. She was smart, but not that smart. Her studies mattered to her, though, as she knew for herself that she must get high grades in order to get a good job in the future. All university or high school students should know that, she believes, as everything that a person does, listens, and learns on school would be very beneficial for his/her future career. Bottom-line is... she believes that a student should learn to be responsible, which she thought that most students – especially in this generation – had failed to realize.

Excellence is a better teacher than mediocrity. The lessons of the ordinary are everywhere. Truly profound and original insights are to be found only in studying the exemplary.

She had believed that saying for years now, as she had learned from one of her high school teachers. It was a good thing the professor hasn't arrived yet. Her run was definitely worth the shot. She stopped cursing her brother mentally and decided to lay him off for later. She scanned the room for an empty seat and did not fail to notice a couple occupying the back seats at the right side of the room. They were each other's faces – well, their mouths – literally.

Without pain, there would be no suffering, and without suffering, we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, and without it, there is no way of life.

As soon as Ahri’s eyes had laid the couple’s fiery sight, all became blank. Emotions had soon passed through Ahri's eyes, although unnoticeable by people. If you look closely, Ahri's eyes started to fill with pain, anger, disgust and disappointment. She couldn’t help but feel the loneliness from laying her eyes on one particular person from the couple. Her loneliness had expressed the pain of being alone, and solitude that expressed the glory of being alone – she wasn’t proud of that. In fact, she loathed the fact that she was lonely as she watched them faces. After a couple of seconds, she seemed to wake up from her trance as she went at the middle seat of the room, which seemed to be the best choice among the available seats at the moment. She couldn't remove the picture of the couple from her head though, as if she was traumatized.

"Hey. What's up? Are you okay? You spaced out for a bit there," a sudden voice spoke up, startling her out of her thoughts. Ahri looked to her right to find a boy with light brown hair, wearing a round-neck shirt and blue jeans. His explicit cheekbones didn't go unnoticed for her as well. He looked like a very friendly person in Ahri’s utter opinion.

Chen – the boy – was waiting for her reply; however, Ahri just continued to look at him with her pokerface, wherein she was actually studying him. She could've swore she saw him before, but she just can't put her finger on it. She had racked her mind for his face, but to no avail.

"Is she okay?" Ahri then took a glimpse at the boy sitting at the right side of Chen when she heard him speak. He had a slightly golden brown hair, and Ahri could've swore he looked like a doll with his skin that looked so smooth and pale and he looked really flawless. He looked like a ladiesman though, judging from how he seemingly looked attractive enough for girls to get magnetized

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter