Chapter oo9

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9: Her Tears

“When someone is crying, of course, the noble thing to do is to comfort them. But if someone is trying to hide their tears,
it may also be noble to pretend you do not notice them.”  - Lemony Snicket

Ahri blinked a few times before deciding to sit next to Chanyeol, surprised at his last and only statement. She decided to ignore it and check up on her brother. "What's this all about? And what happened to your face?" She asked.

Chanyeol's expression darkened for a second, but he didn't answer his sister's question.

Ahri sighed, "Fine. Let's talk later if you don't want to talk about it now. Let's fix your face first."

She sighed once again, stood up and headed to the bathroom to get the first-aid kit. She went on one of the drawers in the bathroom and took out the medium-sized, first-aid kit. After taking it, she sat beside her brother and started treating his busted lip and the misbandaged hand. She made sure to apply the antiseptic gently over his busted lip, and made sure to be wary since they were swollen.

After treating her brother, she stood up and was about to return the kit when Chanyeol held her wrist and pulled her back the sofa, slightly scaring the girl since that was the first time that her brother had acted rough on her.

"Not so fast, young lady. You've got some explaining to do," he said and helped her sister sit back down. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose -- an attempt that he had taken a liking into just to calm his nerves. He started, "look. I'm sorry if I scared you, but just listen to me for a second, okay? I just want nothing but the truth right now."

"Okay. What's this all about?" Ahri asked, shrugging, but deep inside, she was utterly curious as to why her brother was acting that way. She had already brought down her poker face as soon as Chanyeol pulled her down when she stood up. From that moment on, she knew that he mattered business at the moment.

"Do you really want to know?" He asked, trying reading her sister's expression. Ahri knew then that something was terribly up. It was rare that her brother was in a bad and serious mood, and when he is, she knew that it was a big deal considering the happy virus that he is.

She nodded her head in response.

Chanyeol sighed this time. "I got into a fight today, with my friend," he admitted slowly, looking down, as if he was remembering the scenes from the fight.

"Is it one of your XO friends?" She inquired

"It's EXO, and yes. I fought with one of them. Do you want to know the reason?" He asked, looking up this lime.

Ahri nodded. This time, the questioning look was evident in her face as she was clearly confused right now.

Swiftly, Chanyeol took out a bracelet from his pocket and placed them above the coffee table. Ahri immediately stiffened at the sight of her friendship bracelet. Her hand unknowlingly flew to her hand and realized that she had lost her bracelet, so she knew that it must've been the bracelet that she found in the school's hallway yesterday.

"Mind explaining what this is?" Chanyeol asked, more like demanded, with a very serious expression on his face.

"How'd you get this?" Ahri asked, ignoring her brother's previous question.

"I saw this at your room," Chanyeol glared at her, "Will you shut the hell up and answer my damn questions?! Answer me!"

Ahri flinched from the authority from his voice. Chanyeol shouted again, "How come you never told me that Kris was K?!" Ahri flinched from his voice again and lowered her head in shame, her usual tough exterior breaking down. Her vision started to get blurry as she felt her massive tears threatening to fall.

"You should've told me from the very beginning! If you did then I could've handled it back then! What do expect me to feel after knowing that my friend was the one that hurt my sister?! Huh?!" He contin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter