Final Chapter

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Final Chapter: Her Happy Ending

"There is not real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." - Frank Herbert

 

A/N: Okay, so here's the last chapter. Sorry for the long wait. I know that I told you guys that I'll upload the ending the same night I uploaded the previous chapter, but unfortunately, I lost my files yet again, seeing how my flash drive disappeared out of nowhere. Anyway, I still hope you enjoy this chapter. Seeing how most of you wanted a happy ending, I decided to spoil you... for now, that is. Don't worry. I'll post an alternate ending, which is what I had planned on from the very beginning. If not, I'll post special chapters like KrisxJessica moments. For example, what happened to them four years after and how Jessica got pregnant, but yeah. Not in a ty way. Back to the ending, enjoy~!

One would say that Ahri's life was finally back on track, drifting by day after day. If was completely different for her now. You couldn't blame her though. Let's just say that things turned out for the better.

She no longer say at the empty park, sitting at the dusty swings as she stared out of nowhere. No. Not after that faithful day. She no longer wasted her time weeping on her room, thinking how her life turned out for the worst, and how everyone seemed to have moved on except for hers. Now, she saw life in a bright comprehension, unlike before. She faced her everyday life with a smile plastered on her face since that day, and although it was a different life from what she had been accustomed to, it was fine. It was worth it.

The day after Ahri gave Jongin a chance was the day that everything changed for the better. The next day, Jongin came by at her new house and gave her a sweet peck on the cheek, a cup of bittersweet coffee -- her favorite drink to start her day -- an alluring bouquet of red roses, and a whole box of Ferrero chocolates. That wasn't all that he gave her though. That day, he talked to her parents, with Chanyeol included of course. He gave them a very sweet speech that made Ahri speechless. He asked for permission to enter Ahri's life yet again, and promised not to hurt her in the future. He told them how much he loved and will always love Ahri, and they in the next ten days, including that very day, he would prove his love to the latter, for everyone. Most likely, he wanted to prove himself worthy.

At the second day, Jongin surprised her yet again, but not from the material things that he had given her. He had shaved that day, and he looked.. fresh, Ahri thought. The beard did made him look mature and all, and despite how he looked more manly at that, his shaven face had reminded her of how she should've cherish their relationship in the past. She regretted her actions then, to say the least, but at that moment, she had started to accept her mistakes as well. After all, nobody's perfect.

The next few days came out like a blur. He had indeed proven himself worthy, much to everyone's relief, especially to Ahri's family. Chanyeol welcomed his buddy with open arms and gave him a lot of kisses all over Jongin's face, proposing a double date with his official girlfriend, Lee Jieun. Ahri scowled as soon as she heard that though. She believed that girls should be planning those events, not the other way around.

At the last day of his proposal, he had prepared a small feast, restaurant-style if I might add, at the park, just like how he did it when he asked her out on high school. Ahri's shock would be an understatement as the place had been an exact replica of how she remembered the event was years ago. Chanyeol being the waiter hadn't been an exception either.

That day, all of the EXO members had gathered as well, and peeked from their hiding places, like before. They have grown, to say the least. Ahri was surprised to see how bulky and muscle-y the others were when she saw them, especially the once stick-figured boys. After the feast, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Jongdae sang her a song, and afterwards, Jongin kneeled before her, asking for her hand again, which the Ahri accepted whole-heartedly. Ahri didn't even hesitate at all.

She had been ready to accept him from the very day they talked in the park, where she bawled her eyes out at him, saying that it was her fault. She just wanted to see how he would prove himself, and although it sounded selfish, she couldn't help it. She was scared that Jongin changed, which he apparently didn't, much to her relief. After that day, everything seemed to become perfect, for her. It was like she was alive again.

Exactly two months later, Ahri and Jongin were cuddling at the sofa in Jongin's apartment. Apparently, Tao, Kris, Yixing and Luhan -- the Chinese members of the EXO boys -- had decided to build their own company. Surprisingly, their business boomed faster than everyone thought it would, and it gave Jongin the perfect opportunity to join them as he was looking for a suitable job the moment the boys told them the story. With relief, Ahri discovered that Jongin had majored in business as well just like the boys, and although he didn't achieve high marks because he was "distracted and depressed," he said that he still managed to finish the course as he thought of Ahri.

Ahri snapped her head at Jongin, seeing how he was paying more attention to his phone instead of the movie that was playing on his flat-screen television. She scowled, and started to pinch Jongin's sides. Hard.

"Aw! Jongin loudly yelped and jumped from his seat, but he didn't bother to remove his arm that was placed in Ahri's shoulders. Instead, he managed to massage his sides with his free hand, as he dropped his phone out of surprise. "What was that for?!" He hollered.

She flicked his forehead and frowned, "It's supposed to be movie night, mister. Instead of fiddling with your phone, do you mind enjoying the movie instead? If you don't want to watch, just tell me."

Jongin pouted and lamely said, "Well, I have a third eye that was watching the movie that whole time, so y-yeah," he stammered and tried to ignore her eyes, but to no avail. Ahri, on the other hand, knew better. She knew that something was up, as if Jongin was hiding something against her. She couldn't help but suspect that he was texting or chatting with another girl, but then again, would he have minded to do that when she was sitting right beside him. Now, that was a really sick move!

"Are you c-cheating on me?" Ahri said, tears starting to swell on her eyes.

"No, no, no, no, no! Of course not. Why would you think that?!" Jongin immediately sputtered, which gained Ahri's trust again as she saw the sincerity on his eyes, but then again, she wouldn't be so sure. "So who were you texting, and don't bring up the third eye again or I'm going to poke that two eyes of yours so that you'd on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter