Is Your Heart Not Shaken? 9

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

“After I walked her to the door she kissed me.” As soon as I finished my sentence Hyosang was choking on his popcorn.

“Wait a minute. She kissed you, on the lips?”

“Well not exactly on the lips, it was on the cheek.” That part of the sentence was whispered slightly.

“HAHAHAHA on the cheek.” After his laughing fit Hyosang straightened up and placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Bro don’t you know anything? In the states they kiss everyone on the cheek to say goodbye.” My bright mood instantly dimmed. I hated that I didn’t know what Sabrine was thinking.

“What should I do Hyosang, I really like her?” I looked to my best friend of 12 years, hoping for some helpful advice.

“Look Jin, the way I see it you have the perfect opportunity. I mean what’s better than a teacher that lives down the hall, and all you have to do is be the nice sweet guy that you are, show her your charms and you’ll have your girl.”

“Your right, I’ll play it cool and win her heart.”

After Jin left I sat on my bed thinking about his advice. The only problem being that I had no confidence, when it came to Sabrine. Deciding it wouldn’t help to stress on the matter I decided to put my mind on video games instead and before long hours had past and it was time for dinner. As I sat eating the delicious food my mother had prepared, I asked my father a question that I had been wondering about.

“Dad could I paint my room?” He stopped eating and placed down his utensils.

“We don’t own this apartment and any painting or construction. Would be in violation of our contract.” I looked at him slightly confused because I knew first hand that Sabrine was both, painting and getting work done to her room. So I told him as much.

“Well that’s a special case being as her father designed and help build this apartment building.”

“Really?” I accidently raised my voice a little louder than necessary.

“Yes this was one of the first projects he worked on. He already explained this at dinner, what were you doing the whole time he was talking.” Fantasizing about his daughter.

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts.

“I must have spaced out during that part of the conversation.” I smiled sheepishly at my father who shook his head in return.

“That’s why his Korean is so good.” I nodded in reply saving this information for later. Dinner continued like that with my dad talking about things at the company and my mom talking about her catering. When I excused myself to go to my room I was too tired to do anything but sleep and that’s exactly what I did.

 

 

 

Monday came around slower than usual so as soon as it hit one p.m. I was making my way to Sabrine’s door. As I lifted my hand to ring the bell the door was opened. My smiled faded a bit when I saw that it was not Sabrine but instead her blonde haired friend from before. When she saw me standing there she smiled and bowed politely.

“Hello it’s nice seeing you again.” I gave a polite smile in return. “Sabrine is waiting for you inside.” And with that she was gone, making her way towards the elevator. I walked in taking my shoes off at the door and making my way toward the living room.

“Seokjin, hi.” I turned to my left to see Sabrine beaming at me with her normal smile.

I gave an awkward hi in reply, but it didn’t remain that way long as she grabbed my hand a dragged me to the door that lead into her room. She turned to me then putting my hand on the knob but making an X with her fingers. I took that as a sign no to open it but then she came behind me and covered my eyes, I was a little confused until she said go. So I took that as a sign to open the door. I walked forward blind to my surroundings. After a few more steps I heard a stop, from Sabrine. When she removed her hands I was left breathless.  Sabrine had taken the lotus painting from the living room and transformed it into an amazing mural. As soon as I was reaching for my phone she stopped me holding up a painted finger just like when we first met. She turned off the lights, and if I had thought that the room was amazing before, it became extraordinary when I saw the lights that had been installed into the wall flicker on. The electrician who had been here before had placed at least fifty tiny lights into the wall, and Sabrine had painted around them so the flowers looked like they were glowing, it was like something out of a fairytale. She turned to me waiting for my reaction and all I could do was clap in amazement.

She smiled obviously pleased, and turned the regular lights back on.

“So you like it?” I looked up from my phone smiling again.

“It’s absolutely amazing, I can’t believe you did all of this by yourself.” She continued to smile as she sat down on her bed tapping the spot next to her.  I blushed a little and then stumbled over to her bed.  

“So my father told me that Korean is a SOV language.” I nodded in agreement and she continued. “Well English is a SVO language, so today we’ll see your pronunciation a full sentences, and I’ll have you translate Korean sentences over to English ones.” I nodded again and we began our lesson without any playing around. After having me read out five sentences in English she had me write out 5 different Korean ones.  “I want you to text me each word in the order it’s written.” After following her orders, she wrote it the way I said it underneath the sentences.

“Okay for you this sentence reads: Lucy loves john. But in English it reads: Lucy john loves.”  I listened as she showed me the correct way it would look in English, never once zoning out and giving her my full attention. So once I sort of had an Idea of what I was supposed to be doing we began starting on her part of the lesson. Three hours past with us assisting each other. And sometimes when she would ask me to help her I would lose focus because she was so adorable when she was trying so hard.

Once again our lessons were over all too quickly, and once again I was walking to the door by myself, but as I closed the door making my quiet exit my phone dinged

“Thank you so much for your hard work Seokjin, See you soon. ^-^” I let out a sigh; I’m doing all of this for you Sabrine. Was what I whispered in the empty hallway. One thing was for sure me and Sabrine were getting closer, I could only hope when I got the courage that she would accept my heart. So I made my way home to wait out another Sabrine-less week.

 

 A/n: new chapter whoo hoo... anyway I don't have work until Thursday so maybe i'll post one more chapter before that.