Is Your Heart Not Shaken? 12

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

“Are you ready jin oppa?” I stared at Sabrine unsure, and completely terrified. Sensing my fear she grabbed my hand for support. At the moment me Sabrine and my mother were in a piercing parlor, Sabrine had wanted to get her tragus pierced when she noticed I didn’t have my ears pierced. So she suggested that we get it done together. “That sounds like a great Idea; I’ve wanted you to have your ears pierced for years now.” I recalled my mother’s previous excitement at Sabrine’s suggestion. After signing the parental consent papers my mother left me and Sabrine in the parlor, because of some sale on the second floor.

So here we were sitting in the parlor me scared, Sabrine excited, and the parlor employee thoroughly annoyed with the hold up.

“Jin, I promise it won’t hurt it’ll just be like a quick pressure and then you’ll be fine.” I looked at Sabrine, took a deep breath and nodded at the employee as a sign to begin. I sat there completely unmoving as she sanitized my ear and the piercing gun. Sabrine had already picked out the earring, so at the moment the employee was marking my ear, Sabrine who was standing in front of me leaned over to inspect the position of the marking, and after approving of the mark she leaned away and gave me a smile that melted away all my worries.

I sat there waiting for the pain, but got nothing, not even a pinch. I looked at Sabrine who now held out a mirror. As I inspected my ear I noticed that it was slightly red but other than that I felt completely fine.

“Now we match jin.” I smiled at her and looked at her piercing as well; we did in fact have the same earring in. After paying we left making our way to the food court.

“So are you ready for graduation? It is right around the corner.” I thought about it for a moment.

“I’m definitely ready to be done with high school, but to be honest I nervous about starting university.” And it was true I knew that the performing arts college that I would be attending was on a whole different level.

“Jin you’re amazing, no one will question your talent if you just have faith in yourself okay.” I nodded feeling slightly relieved. Just as we sat down with our food Sabrine bolted up.

“Suga bear!” I looked behind me and sure enough there he was Min Yoongi, Sabrine’s boyfriend. I watched as she walked over to the darkly dressed man, and greeted him with a hug and then brought him to our table. I gave him a quick nod and he gave me one as well.

Sabrine and Yoongi had been dating for three months, three long months, and while I was happy if she was happy there was just something about the younger boy that rubbed me the wrong way. While Sabrine started happily giving Yoongi a play by play of our day, I reminisced about the first time she had introduced me to the boy sitting across from me.

School had been back in session for a month when Sabrine had been waiting outside my school, clinging to a pale darkly dressed boy. I approached them slowly after saying goodbye to a few of my friends.

“Jin oppa, this is my sweet Suga bear, and Suga bear this is my best friend Jin oppa.” I bowed respectfully as he did the same. I noted that up close I was taller than the boy. After our short greetings were done Sabrine suggested we grab some food so we could get to know each other.

I sat there quietly picking at my food noticing how Yoongi never let go of Sabrine’s hand, and if I wasn’t mistaken I swear he was smirking at me. Choosing to ignore it I listened as Sabrine went on about her new art assignment.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I looked up from my plate, at Yoongi who had suddenly grabbed Sabrine’s arm a little tighter than necessary.

“To rob a bank.” I watched as he gave her arm a yank and she landed back in her spot in the booth. Yoongi grabbed her face and leaned her toward him, whispering in her ear. She looked down then back up at him, placing a quick kiss on his lips and getting back up, heading toward the bathroom.

I stared at him long and hard, he looked back at me raising an eyebrow in challenge.

“Was that really necessary?” My words came out much calmer than I had felt. Before he could answer Sabrine returned to the table, where he once again grabbed a hold of her hand.

We finished our food before we went our separate ways, Yoongi offering to walk Sabrine home and me, going to tell Hyosang about today.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I came back to the present when Yoongi got up, pulling Sabrine with him.

“I have to work on my project, but answer when I call you.” I watched as Sabrine obediently nodded. When he walked away she sat down and looked over at me.

“What’s wrong oppa?” I guess some of my disliking for Yoongi had slipped onto my face.

“My fries got cold.” Was the quickest lie I could come up with. She looked down at my half eaten fries then back to me, and then she shrugged it off.

After walking around a bit more we met up with my mom in the parking lot, who inspected my ear as soon as we approached her.

“Oh my how did I get such a handsome son.” I swatted my mother’s hands away as she went to grab my face again.

“Mama Kim he gets his looks from you.” My mother smiled at Sabrine’s compliment, and we made our way home. While my mother and Sabrine started having a conversation about the new body wash my mother had purchased I got comfortable in my seat.

“Are any of your family members coming to celebrate your birthday?”  I waited for Sabrine to answer my mom’s question.

“No family, but I invited a few friends.” I nodded taking in the information, there were only two weeks until our birthdays, and I still haven’t gotten Sabrine her gift.

“Jin oppa, let me see your phone.” Without a thought I handed her my cell. She quickly handed it back, so I didn’t ask her what she did, Instead I just looked out the window as we made our way home.  

 

 

A/n: SORRY SORRY SORRY! I know I haven’t posted in forever but there was work and a death in the family. So once again I’m sorry but I’m back now so look forward to updates.  

 I'd also like to send my condolences to the victims and the loved ones of all those involved in the Sewol ferry, I keep you in my prayers and thoughts.