Is Your Heart Not Shaken? 14

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

 

Unlike most boys my age I was not a heavy sleeper, but like most I woke up disoriented. That being said when I woke that Saturday I was very confused as to why I could hear Sabrine calling my name.

“Jin oppa, it’s your phone, pick it up.” I grabbed said item from my bedside drawer and flipped it over, and there was Sabrine smiling back at me.

“Good morning Jin oppa. I trust that you are now woken up, more or less.” I wiped the sleep from my eyes as I continued to watch the video play out.

“As you know our birthdays are exactly one week from today.” I shook my head even though she couldn’t see.

“Did you shake your head?” she nodded in return and continued. “Today is going to be a very busy day, and that’s why you’re up at 8 a.m. on a Saturday.” I looked at my clock and sure enough it read 8 a.m.

“I already have everything planned out so get up and get in the shower, pause this video and play it when you get out.” So I did what she told me, I paused the video and got in the shower. And I came out with a towel around my waist and started the video today.

“Alright, it should be about 8:25 give or take a minute.” I glanced at the clock and like magic the time changed to 8:25.

“Jin oppa get up and go to your closet.” I followed her instructions like a puppet.

“You know that pretty red sweater I brought you a couple of weeks ago? Put that on with those grey skinny jeans you brought in Hongdae.” I found the items in question and put them on, grabbing my phone once more.

“Lastly get out those red converse, the high tops.” I rolled my eyes at that, knowing she hated low top sneakers.

“Now, grab your wallet and coat and head to the kitchen, mamma Kim has breakfast prepared.” And just as she said my mom was placing down an American style breakfast.

“Hand the phone to Mama Kim.” I did as told and passed my phone to my mother.

“Thank you for your help mama Kim.” My mom smiled at the phone, as the video kept playing.

“When Jin oppa leaves, go to my house and pick up your painting, I finished it yesterday.” My mom clapped, clearly happy.

“Now jin oppa you have twenty minutes to eat, I’ll be outside waiting for you at 9, don’t make me wait long.” I smiled as Sabrine waved at me through the phone. I guess this is what she did with my phone the other day. As per her instructions I ate my mother’s delicious cooking and finished five minutes early. I decided I would head out early.

“Alright mom I’ll see you later, I love you.” My mother smiled back at me as I shut the door.

I was surprised to see Sabrine already standing in the hall, with Chaerin. Both of their backs were turned to me so I guessed they hadn’t seen me yet. As I walked closer I noticed Sabrine must have been telling Chaerin something because her hands were waving around.

“I hate feeling like this Chae.” I popped up then.

“Hate feeling like what?” she looked at me, obviously surprised.

“Cold! I hate feeling cold.” I quirked my eyebrow at her, it wasn’t like her to get cold. Hell she could sit out in a snowstorm with a tub of ice cream, and not even shiver.

“Anyway good morning Seokjin.” I turned to the older blonde woman.

“Good morning Chaerin nuna.” I responded with a smile that she returned.

“We have lots to do today so let’s get started.” I nodded as I followed Sabrine into the elevator.

“So what are we doing today?” I couldn’t contain my curiosity anymore; I wanted to know what was going on.

“It’s a surprise, you’ll see when we get there.” I pouted, but didn’t question it any further, knowing Sabrine wouldn’t tell me even if I asked a hundred times. We left the building and walked to Chaerin’s car, which was parked right out front.

To be honest Chaerin was an amazing person, but a terrible driver, so as always I hesitated before getting in the vehicle, fastening my seat belt as soon as the door was shut.

I was thankful that the trip was only fifteen minutes. When we stepped I read the sign on the building in front of us.

“New Evolution? Your getting your hair done?” I asked as we made our way into the hair salon. It was like stepping into a space ship. Though I didn’t have much experience in hair salons, I had never seen one that looked like this. The walls were painted to look like a galaxy. The chairs looked like they were stolen from E.T's space craft.

As I was looking around three women appeared before us.

“Welcome to New Evolution.” I bowed politely.

“Jin this is Park Sandara, Gong Minji, And Park Bom, they’ll be taking care of you today.” I turned to Sabrine after she finished speaking.

“Me?” she nodded. “Yes you, Jin oppa you’ll be eighteen, meaning it’s time for a change.” I didn’t respond so she continued. ”I promise you’ll love it just trust me, okay Jin oppa?” I took a deep breath and then nodded my head, which earned me a hug from Sabrine.

“Are you usually open this early?” Was the first question I asked as Bom took me over to the sinks.

“No, but this is our present for Sabrine.” I nodded; happy Sabrine had friends she could count on. 

When Bom was done washing and drying my hair Minji came to direct me to the chairs.

“Unnie take care of him okay.” I turned as Chaerin and Sabrine made their way through a door leading who knows where.

“Where are they going?” Minji turned me back around.

“Chaerin will be doing Sabrine’s hair, while you get yours done. That room is the v.i.p room.” I didn’t reply, but I thought about what Sabrine would look like.

Minji was in charge of cutting and dying my hair, which I wasn’t allowed to see until it was finished. So while I let the dye sit I pulled out my phone to keep myself busy, and before I knew it Minji was rinsing out the dye and reaching for her scissors.

“Are you going to be cutting off a lot of my hair?” I the over grown locks at the base of my neck, waiting for her reply.

“Don’t worry I won’t shave you bald.” She smacked my hands away and started cutting my hair. My hair wasn’t outrageously long so it didn’t take long for Minji to be finished with me.

“Don’t get up you can’t see it yet, Dara unnie will come to you.” Minji instructed as she placed her hands on my shoulder, keeping me seated.

“Alright Seokjin, I’ll be finishing you up.” It wasn’t so much of a question as a statement, so without turning around I nodded. She sprayed something fruity smelling in my hair.

“What was that.” I heard a low click. “Heat protector.” I didn’t reply so she placed her hands on my shoulder.

“I’ll be using the flat irons on you so don’t move.” I nodded quickly and she grabbed my head. “I said not to move.” I quickly apologized without moving much. Satisfied that I wouldn’t move she started her work.

“And… Done!” it had taken maybe thirty minutes for Sandara to style my hair but she seemed satisfied.

“Wow Seokjin You’re even more handsome now, Sabrine is going to be so happy.” I blushed a bit at Bom’s comment as she came to inspect my hair.

“Minji go get Sabrine, She said she wanted to see Seokjin’s reaction.” I smiled as Minji knocked on the door and Chaerin came out followed by Sabrine, and I think I forgot how to breathe when she came out.

There were no words to describe Sabrine’s beauty. Since I had met Sabrine, she had always kept her hair in her curly afro style. That was now gone instead, her hair rested on her shoulder in soft black waves, with tips that had been dyed purple, her favorite color.

Sabrine approached me, not saying anything while inspecting my new hairstyle. I thought I heard her whispering something to herself, but I chose not to speak on it.

“So how does it look?” She hadn’t given much of a reaction so I was nervous.

“Truthfully?” I nodded waiting for her to answer. “I want to change it back.” My jaw dropped, as did my heart.

“You don’t like it?” She shook her head, her hair bouncing with her.

“It’s exactly what I wanted.” I looked at her obviously quite confused.

“Someone is going to come steal you from me Jin oppa.” My face almost broke from smiling so big. I stood up hugging her tightly.

“But all I want is you.”  I wished I could say those words out loud, but decided to keep it to myself. “I’m not going anywhere.” She pushed me back.

“Alright it’s time for you to see how amazing you look.” And with that I was spun around to face the mirror.

My once black mop of hair had been dyed a light brown, and cut and styled meticulously, and not a single strand was out of place.

“I love it!” I turned to Sabrine and the stylist after approving of my new do. I spent the next five minutes thanking Minji, Sandara, Chaerin, and Bom.

“Jin oppa, it’s time to go.” With one last wave to the girls, I and Sabrine stepped out into the cold, to hail a cab.

“So we’re going home now?” Sabrine looked at me as if I had sprouted horns.

“Of course not, we’re just getting started.” And with that we were off to Gangnam.

 

 

 

A/n: Another chapter for my beautiful readers and subscribers. I really do appreciate you all! ^_^