Is Your Heart Not Shaken? 10

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

It had been eight weeks since me and Sabrine had begun our lessons together and even though we got closer, it was only as friends, and she continued to date bad boys, and while she said she didn’t care when they broke up I couldn’t help but want to confess and let her know that I was here that I would stay, that I would love her the way she deserved, but in the end I decided to keep it in. And so we had fallen into a schedule. We would study on Monday and go out to practice in the park on Thursdays. Today happened to be a Thursday and I had a great idea for practice.

“Hey Seokjin, how are you today?” I replied with a hello in my accented English. While it still wasn’t perfect I and Sabrine could hold light conversations in both English and Korean.

“Are you ready to practice Jin oppa?” Another thing I had grown addicted to be Sabrine calling me oppa, while I would be happy with her just calling my name period, the oppa part made it that much better.

“Yes but today I thought it would be best if we change our location for today’s practice.” She nodded after a while; I knew it was because she needed time to translate it in her head.

“Where are we going?” I didn’t reply instead I asked if she was ready.

“Since we’re not going to the park I’ll have to change my outfit, so come in.” I followed her in and we made our way to her room. I sat on her bed as she entered her dressing room. While she dressed I looked up at the ceiling, Sabrine had a Polaroid that she sometimes brought with her when her she went out, so when she got back she could hang them on her ceiling. Because of the time we spent together she had acquired quite a few of us together, some were of Chaerin and a man I had come to know was Chaerin’s boyfriend. About twenty minutes later Sabrine exited the dressing room. Now dressed in a long sleeve denim and lace shirt with shorts. And blue and gold wedge sneakers. I had once asked her why she had so many pairs of high heeled sneakers, and her reply was that she hated being so short. I smiled at the memory.

“What are you doing smiling to yourself?” I looked up at the beautiful girl in front of me.

“Just thinking about how much you will love today’s practice.” She grabbed a purse and her phone.

“Well then let’s go Jin oppa.” I smiled again and we made our way to the elevators, and then out of the apartment building and into a cab.

 

 

“Karaoke? We’re going to sing to practice?” I looked at the adorable confused expression on her face.

“Yes I think that singing will help improve our pronunciation and reading.” I explained while pulling her into the building.

“Hi Seokjin it’s been a long time.” I smiled at the manager I had come to know quite well. E and Hyosang had been coming here for years.

“Hello Jieun nuna, is my room available?” As many times as I had come here I had the chance to try each room, and I had long since decided that 13 was my favorite.

“You're in luck Youngjae just got done cleaning it.”

“We’ll be here for two hours, I’ll pay you when where done nuna.” I didn’t wait for her reply as I lead Sabrine down the hall to my room.

“Do you come here often jin oppa?” I nodded as we reached the door.

“Yea me and Hyosang have been coming here since we started middle school.” She nodded as we entered the room. Room thirteen was my favorite for more than one reason, it had a star shaped disco ball and the comfiest couches ever, and my favorite was that it was the farthest away from the other rooms, so when I come here I can be completely alone with the music and my thoughts.

Sabrine sat on the couch while I grabbed the song book.

“Jin you start, since you’re the expert.” I nodded and flipped through finding an old school American pop song.

I started my performance focusing on the lyrics that appeared on the screen. I notice out of the corner of my eye that Sabrine had got out of her seat and was moving around. She appeared next to me with a tambourine in her hand.

“You’re doing great jin oppa.” I smiled and continued the song, with her capping along with the tambourine.  When I finished she picked up the song book and began searching for a song. Recently she had seen a picture in Seo Taiji and the boys, and had asked who they were but other than that I didn’t think she knew any of they’re music. So I was a little surprised when the familiar beat of comeback home began to play from the speakers.

“Jin oppa help me out with this one?” I nodded and grabbed the other microphone from its holder.  And as we began singing the classic song, I couldn’t hold in my laughter as Sabrine mimicked Seo taiji’s voice. We continued on like that mostly choosing pop songs to sing. It wasn’t until the last five minutes that I decided to change the selection.

“Do you mind if I sing the last song.” She nodded as I 2AM’s a friends confession, as the beat started I thought about all the guy’s I had seen her with and how wrong they did her.

It’s been quite a while, since my heart has slowly begun to change, since I’ve been suffering alone.’  I turned to look at her as I sang the lyrics that described my emotions perfectly.

It would be better if I protected you…’ ‘I want to hold you now.’ I continued on my eyes never leaving hers. ‘I’ve been watching you for too long, standing here without a word.’ ‘Friends, because we had to remain as friends.’ ‘The words that rose up my neck, I had to hold back that confession, but I’ll confess now.’ ‘I lo-’ the lights in the room cut off as the music stops. I listened as the automated voice announced that we were out of time. “I’m out of time.”

“Oops looks like practice is over. Thank you Jin oppa, your voice is really amazing.” I smiled half heartedly. We gathered our belongings and made our way to the lobby. Sabrine was typing away on her phone.

“I’s on the house today Jin.” I smiled again at Jieun.

“Ready to go home Sabrine?” I looked at her as we stood outside the karaoke salon.

“Actually I’m supposed to meet my mom and Chaerin I’m getting my uniform today.” Sabrine had been accepted into Seoul Arts Academy, and school started back in a week in a half. I watched as she hailed a cab and drove off. With school starting back up I would see less and less of Sabrine, the thought of it all made my heart hurt. So with a mind full of worries and questions I made the short but lonely journey home.

 

 

 

 

A/n: Sorry it took a little long but it’s up now. I start work again today so no new chapter till Monday…. But I do have a cup of tea and a full stomach so who knows, I may upload a new chapter today?