Is Your Heart Not Shaken? 5

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

“Jin Jin I’m here!” I looked up from my phone surprised to see Hyosang standing in my door, I mean sure he said he’d be here by one o’clock  but Kim Hyosang was never on time, but here he was.

“Hyosang you’re here. On time?” I rushed to his side and placed my hand on his forehead. “You are kind of warm, are you sick somewhere?” I was actually concerned. “Jin Jin its summer it’d be weird if I wasn’t warm, and I can be punctual when I want.” I shook my head at his words.

“Yeah whatever, are you ready to go?”I a nod of confirmation from him and grabbed my cell, and we were on our way out.

“Mom me and Hyosang are heading out, I’ll be back later. Love you.” It was a rushed sentence, because if I stayed too long she’d ask me to pick up something along the way, and one turns into 3 and three turns into a full on shopping trip. So as to avoid such situations I always made my escapes quickly. We made it to the elevator and were waiting inside for the doors to close, and just as they were closing a hand stopped them.

“Sabrine.” There in front of the now opened elevator doors stood the girl who stayed in my dreams last night. I watched as she stepped in and almost forgot to breathe. She turned to look at Hyosang first and then she turned towards me. I watched as recognition filled her eyes.

“Seokjin?” that’s the first time she had said my name, and it was wonderful. I nodded not being able to do anything else. She smiled brightly at me and then turned to Hyosang who bowed instantly and introduced himself, though she couldn’t understand him. I pointed to him and said his name slowly.

 She smiled at him too; as the elevator started to make its descent I looked at her and noticed she had changed her hair style. It was still big and curly but she had put the top middle section in braids, and as my eyes traveled I noticed she was wearing a black and red top with black gold studded shorts, and gold sneaker boots. It was very different than the angel like appearance she had yesterday, but I still thought she looked amazing. As the elevator dinged we all emptied out, and I wanted to ask Sabrine if she wanted to hang out with Hyosang and me, but before I got to someone was already calling out to her.

A blonde female walked up to her and embraced her, and I watched as they held a quick conversation in English. Sabrine turned back around to face me and Hyosang. “Hyosang?” She pointed to Hyosang first and then to me. “Seokjin.” I and Hyosang both bowed.

 

“It’s nice to meet you I’m Sabrine’s friend Lee Chaerin; you’re the neighbor she told me about.” My eyes lit up at that, she talked about me.

“Yes I’m Kim Seokjin and this is my friend Jin Hyosang it’s nice to meet you too.” Was my polite reply after shaking off the stupid smile that was on my face.

I saw Sabrine pull on Chaerin’s hand as a sign to finish the conversation quickly, was she jealous?

“Well I guess I’ll be seeing you around.” Sabrine smiled one last time at us before she and the blonde left the building.

“You weren’t kidding when you said she was pretty.” Hyosang turned to look at me. “She’s absolutely beautiful.” I replied still looking at the door she left out of. “But she’s not really your type.” “What do you mean.” I turned to look at him now. “You like the cute type; she looked more like the bad girl type.” I guess he was right, although I didn’t have much dating experience, but cute was usually my type. “I guess, but there is just something about her that just draws me in.”He patted me on the shoulder. “Yea it’s because she’s a foreigner, and no one around looks like her.” Maybe he was right, maybe I liked that she didn’t look like everyone around me.

“Any way lets go get that ice cream, it’s too hot.” We spent the rest of the day goofing around at the pc room, and as day turned to night I made my way home by myself. When I got to the lobby I saw Sabrine standing there with a tall white foreigner male, lip locked firmly together, embarrassed I hurriedly pressed the elevator button, unfortunately for me when the elevator arrives it dings, and when the kissing couple heard the sound they jumped apart like they had been splashed with water. I saw Sabrine look at me with wide eyes, then she hurriedly walked away from the tall male and into the elevator I was now also standing in. even more unfortunate for me we lived on the 29th floor, and the elevator chose this time to take forever to come to our floor.

“Seokjin…” I turned to Sabrine who was now looking at me, looking for away to communicate with me. I spoke one of the few English words I knew.

“Boyfriend?” She quickly shook her head left and right her hair following.

“Just friend.” Was her short reply. I nodded and turned away from her just as the doors opened. I bid her a quick goodnight and then rushed to my own home, making sure not to look back. I greeted my father and mother who were sitting on the couch.

“How was your day son?” I replied with a quick okay, and made my way to my room, stopping before I walked in completely. “I ate while I was out mom.”

I heard her and dad begin their conversation again.

Friend. She said they were friends but what friends kissed like that? I plopped down on my bed, looking up at my ceiling. Maybe that’s how things work in the states, kissing friends on the lips. I was confused about Sabrine, on one hand I had painted a flawless picture of her in my mind, but in truth I knew next to nothing about her real personality.

Having a crush on a stranger was so frustrating! I decided I wouldn’t think about what I saw tonight; instead I would watch some TV until I fell asleep. Now there remained only one problem though, how would I look at her tomorrow when we had to start our lessons. With one last sigh I drifted off to sleep, trying to keep my thoughts off my beautiful neighbor.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/n: Hello this is layah here! I'll hopefully post a new chapter every three days or so. Thank you to those who have read, commented, and subscribed. I hope you continue to enjoy my story.