Is Your Heart Not Shaken? 17

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

"Yes Sarah, I understand that you hate to get on planes but for me I know you'll grin and bear it." I sat and listened as the woman on the other end of the phone continued to complain in furious French.

 

"Look Sarah, I have an appointment to get to so I'll call you later." I ended the phone call as quickly as possible, as I made my way to the front door, checking my appearance in the mirror in the hall.

 

"Good morning Sabrine!" I smiled at the bouncing blonde in front of me.  

"Good morning Chae!" though I replied as brightly as I possibly could, she quickly saw through it.

 

"I hope Seokjin knows how much work you're putting in for this party." I didn’t have a reply so she continued. "You painted the salon for us, set jiyong up with models for his show, hell you even gave his mother a painting."  I shook my head at that. I would have done those small favors for my friends even if I didn’t get anything in return, and I told her so.

 

"I still think you should confess, it's obvious you like him, and he's liked you since day one. I just don't see the problem." I couldn't deny it even if I tried. It was true that I had started to fall for jin oppa, I had probably liked him from the beginning but didn’t want to admit it myself. And every boy I had been with had been, a lame distraction, Yoongi being the longest lasting one.

 

"I don’t' want to ruin a good thing Chae. I date the kind of guys I do because I can control my feelings for guys like them." I paused thinking seriously. "I don't know what to expect from someone like Jin. I mean he treats me right, he cares about what I have to say, he really is perfect."

 

"So why deny yourself that, you deserve someone that’s perfect." I gave chaerin a slightly sad smile.

 

"Because as much as I like him and he likes me, We'll end up twice as hurt, and I don’t want that for either of us." She looked at me sadly.

 

"I hate feeling like this chae." Before I could finish, Jin popped up beside us, thoroughly scaring the life out of me.  

"Hate feeling like what?" I turned to jin shocked and unsure how to answer, so I gave out the quickest answer I could think of.

 

"Cold! I hate feeling cold." I mentally slapped myself, of all things I had to say cold. I was known for having a room as cold as a meat locker, and I say I'm cold while all bundled up. at a loss for words, I gave Chaerin a pleading look.

 

"Anyway..." I watched as Jin turned his attention to the blonde, and let out the breath I didn’t know I had been holding. I watched as they exchanged greetings, and when they were finished we headed toward the elevators.  

"We have lots to do today so let's get started. " I could practically see the wheels of curiosity turning in his head. and just as I thought he asked what we would be doing.

"It's a surprise, you'll see when we get there." I could tell he wasn’t satisfied with my vague reply, but in the end he couldn’t do anything about it.

 

In the corner of my eye I could see Jin's steps falter as we came closer to chaerin's car. I knew all too well what a terrible driver my best friend was, but for her sake I held it in. It was a quick trip to the hair salon, that's we'd be stopping at. As I exited the vehicle I smiled at jin's confused expression.

 

"New Evolution? You're getting your hair done?" I smile at the clueless Jin as we entered the building. I smiled, proud at the galaxy print walls I had finished two weeks prior.  This place really was one of a kind. before I had too much time to get lost in the design, Dara, Minji, and Bom were standing before us.

 

"Jin, this is Park Sandara, Gong Minji, and Park Bom, they'll be taking care of you today." as soon as the words were out of my mouth I could see the panic in his eyes.

 

"Me?" No the doorknob. I held in my snarky comment, instead choosing to sooth him with soft words

.

It didn’t take long before he was complying to my demands, and being taken to a washing sink. After confirming that he wouldn’t chicken out I made my way to the v.i.p room with chaerin.

 

"I just wanted to thank you again, for today chae." She placed her hands on my shoulders to push me into my chair.

 

"You don't have to keep saying thank you, we would have done this for you anyway." I smiled back through the mirror.

 

"Alright let's get this started." Chaerin did great work fast, so before I knew it I now had long waves of hair cascading down my back, tips dyed purple.

 

"It's even better than I imagined." I quickly hugged the blonde, conveying my thanks, with actions instead of words. when we separated Minji was knocking on the door.

 

“Jin’s hair is finished.” I sprung up from the announcement.

 

“Great let’s go see how it looks.” We exited the room and headed toward Jin, Bom, and Dara, were waiting. As soon as I laid my eyes on him, my words flew out the window. Jin had already been handsome, but now he was traffic stopping gorgeous.

 

I began approaching him slowly, without words quietly inspecting his hair, it was just as I had wanted. Hair cut short in the back, hair dyed a lovely shade of brown, and slightly longer pieces styled to perfection in the front. Overall, he was absolutely perfect.

 

“It’s not fair.” I had meant to keep that inside, but it ended up coming out as a faint whisper. I stepped away from Jin, and he looked up at me.

 

“So how does it look?”  Good enough to pounce on. As much as I wanted to reply with those words, I decided against it.

 

“Truthfully?” I could practically smell how nervous he was as he waited for my reply.

 

“I want to change it back.” It wasn’t that I didn’t like it, in fact I loved it. Before women did not approach jin because he looked so innocent, but I had turned him into a damn armani model, basically asking someone to take him away.

 

“You don’t like it?” I could see the hurt flash across his features.

 

“It’s exactly what I wanted.” He was clearly confused, by my strange answers. So I decided to answer truthfully.

 

“Someone is going to come steal you from me, Jin oppa.” And it was true, I was afraid  would lose him, to someone else. Although I had no plans to date Jin, I knew relationships could cause friendships to drift.

I watched as Jin flashed a huge smile and rise from his seat to hug me.

 

“I’m not going anywhere.” I hugged him back equally as tight, finding comfort in his words. I pushed him away so I could show him how he looked.

 

“Alright, it’s time for you to see how amazing you look.” I spun him towards the mirrors,  watching carefully for his reaction. After approving of his new hair do he turned around with a bright smile.

 

“I love it!” I smiled, proud that he approved. We soon said our goodbyes to the girls, and made our way out into the cold seoul air.

 

“So we’re going home now?” Was he crazy!? Did he honestly think, I would have us up so early for only a hair appointment.

 

“Of course not we’re just getting started.” I could see a little fear in his eyes, but chose to ignore it and hail a cab. The trip to Jiyong’s studio was short, and as we made our way into the building  could see jin getting more confused trying to figure out what we were doing here.

 

I had already texted Jiyong, alerting him of our arrival, but Jin was surprised to see the older male who opened the door for us.

 

“Wow Seokjin your hair looks great.” Jin’s ears heated at the compliment, but I chose that moment to elbow the pink and black haired man.

 

“And what am I chopped liver?” he responded by wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

 

“You already know how good you look.” He emphasized his statement, with a bump of shoulders.

 

“I know, but it’s still nice to hear it.” He gave a short laugh as we made our way into, his room. I had been here many times with sabrine. Jiyong oppa had just finished school, for fashion design, and would soon be holding his first fashion show.

 

“Alright Seokjin, You stand over here, while I get your suit.” Jin gave me a puzzled look.

 

“My suit?” I sat myself down in the couch close to where he stood.

 

“Yes Jiyong oppa designed our outfits for the party.” As I was reaching for my phone and planner, Jin asked another question.

 

“Wouldnt he need my measurements before, making the suit.”

 

“Don’t you remember me measuring you two weeks ago.” Though to be honest, I hadn't told him what it was for.

 

“You mean when you were playing with the measuring tape?” I smiled a little, but nodding in answer.

 

“Alright here you go seokjin, Go get dressed.” Me and jiyong waited for Jin to exit the dressing room, and when he did he looked like a dream.

 

The suit was all black, as per our dress code for the party, but it was the little flourishes of white that set it apart, a white collar, and cuffs, made it pop. Overall it was perfect.

 

“Your measurements weren't very far off, so I won't have much work to do.” I sat as Jiyong began his work, scolding Jin every five minutes. It was for this reason that I offered models to Jiyong, i knew how Jin had a problem with standing still.

 

“Why can’t you stand still Seokjin!?” I looked up as Jiyong began to explode on Jin. Jin had apologized a million times in an hour.

 

Jiyong continued to scold him, as I let out a laugh.

 

“Jin oppa, stay still so Jiyong oppa can alter your suit. You know the faster you ge-” My words were interrupted by the ringing of my phone, so I excused myself to take the call.

 

“Bri Bri, Pablo stole my favorite shirt, You know that pretty blue one I look so good in.” A string of spanish curses followed after the first males whine. I rolled my eyes as my two friends continued to bicker back and forth over the phone.

 

“What did I say about calling me on threeway with your blue and green bull.” They quieted down instantly.

 

“Sorry Bri” I rubbed my head as they both apologized simultaneously. I swear god was punishing me. The couple in question had been my friends for six years, and although they fought like cats and dogs, I knew they loved each other. I just wish they’d keep me out of their stupid arguments.

 

“Bri we can’t wait to see you.” I smiled at Adrians confession.

 

“One week, we’ll be together in one week.” I quickly hung up with the two after saying goodbye. As i made my way back to Jin and Jiyong who had already finished.

 

“Ugh pablo and Adrian will be the death of me.” I let out an exhausted sigh. I was starting to feel the effects of my efforts, taking it’s toll on me and it must have shown on my face.

 

“Are you okay?” I nodded hoping to rid jin of his worries.

 

“I’m fine, I’m just a little tired from planning this party. It’ll be the first time I’ve ever had all my friends, from around the world together, in one place.” I took a deep breath, trying to regain my energy, and then I smiled brightly on Jin’s face.

 

I stood once again, and started to examine the clothes on the racks placed around the room.

 

“Jiyong oppa, can I pick out a few things?” Jiyong responded with a yes from his office. I picked up a pair of ripped up skinny jeans, examining them closely, and then picking out a oversized grey sweater, and to finish the outfit i found a black vest.

 

“Aren’t those a little too big for you?”  Instead of answering I handed the clothes  over to him.

 

“These are for you silly.” I didn't give him much time to look over them, before shoving him into the dressing room.

 

While jin Changed Jiyong came out from the back.

 

“I didn’t pick out a lot, just something simple.” Before Jiyong got to reply jin emerged from the dressing room, effectively halting our conversation.


 

“How does it look?” I watched as he picked at the clothing.

 

“Jin oppa you look so good, like a model.” Was the instant compliment I gave him. I circled him to see the full look, as he lifted the sweater again.

 

”I think the sweater is too big.” I saw Jiyong shake his head, as I sighed, at my clueless oppa.

 

“Silly oppa, it’s supposed to hang like this.” I moved  his hands to expose his collarbones, which looked good enough to .

 

As I continued to discreetly check Jin out i heard Jiyong compliment him.

 

“Well I’ll deliver your clothes on wednesday.” I thanked Jiyong a few more times, as me and the newly dressed Jin made our way out into the cold again, so I could hail another cab. I caught jin’s curious look, as we boarded the vehicle.

 

“Don’t worry Jin oppa we are almost finished, I just need to stop by the party venue.” The trip to the hotel was quick and quiet. The receptionist quickly called for the party planner upon our arrival.

 

I could tell that as soon as she saw me she was shocked by my appearance, but I had gotten used to the curious looks I received. After the shock wore off, Choi sooyoung escorted us to her office. As she went over the plans i kept quiet, keeping little notes for later.

 

Overall I was satisfied how things were progressing, though I did voice my complaints over a few details. I also informed her about the change in security staff, which she didn't seem to thrilled about, but what could she do, I was paying her to follow directions not to direct me, so she kept quiet and obeyed.

 

After seeing if Jin had any input of complaints, we made our way out of the hotel, and outside, to head home. But before i could hail a cab jin grabbed my hand, forcing me to follow him.

 

“Sabrine, It’s time for my busy girl to eat.” I let Jin continue to lead me, as I realized we hadn’t ate in hours. I voiced my hunger as we found a pizza parlor to eat at.

 

While we sat we continued to talk about the party. Starting with invitations and finishing with the arrival time of my friends, and before I knew it we were headed home.

 

“I’m ordering you to sleep for the whole day sunday.” I gave him a tired smile and a nod as we arrived at my door.

 

“Yes sir!” He laughed at my salute, as I leaned up to kiss his cheek. As he walked away I wondered when it would stop hurting to watch him leave. With those thoughts I dragged my tired body to my room, where I passed out and continued to sleep for most of the next day.




A/n: I’m sorry for it being so long, but there will be one more sbrine chapter, expect lots of drama.