Is Your Heart Not Shaken? 4

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

Is Your Heart Not Shaken?

As soon as the Kim’s left I plopped on my glasses and threw my hair up into a ponytail, with a quick glance I noticed that my parents had returned to the living room, so I crept toward the kitchen, just as I was about to swipe the box of sweets left by Mrs. Kim, I was grabbed on the shoulder.

“I knew you would be in here as soon as they left.” My father was shaking his head, I could feel it, while still holding onto my shoulder, I still hadn’t turned around, and so he spun me around to face him. “What am I going to do with you Sabrine? He asked to himself. “I was just going to grab one little cookie daddy, I’m not a pig you know.” Even I didn’t believe the lies coming out of my mouth, and obviously neither did my father, he grabbed me by both of my cheeks while shaking my head left and right. “Do I look like I was born yesterday Sabrine Michaels?” I swatted his hands away while rubbing my slightly sore cheeks. “You can have two sweets a day.” He emphasized the two with corresponding fingers. “Six.” “Three.” “ten.” “Four.” “Twelve.” “Six!” “Deal!” I shouted grabbing six sweets from the box. “Daddy you drive such a hard bargain.” I stated while placing a kiss on his cheek and walking past him, as I walked past my mom in the living room she held her hand up for a high five, which she received. “Nice one.” As I shut my door I heard my dad ask my mom how I did it. “She gets that from me dear.”

Placing the snacks on my bed I reached for my phone just as it rang.

“Lee Chaerin I called you ages ago, and now you call me back?” I asked still slightly annoyed that she canceled our shopping date.

“I’m sorry Bri I had to get my claws done, I’m sorry.” I wasn’t really all that upset, because now I had a whole box of goodies to eat, but she didn’t need to know that.

“Your nails come before me? Well that’s good to know, I mean I know we’ve only known each other for a week, but I thought we had something special, I mean the way we connected at the airport was like magic for me, but I guess you felt differently.” I stated as I recalled our meeting at the airport.

“Where is my ba- Oh there it is!” At the moment I was waiting for my luggage at the airport, I had just arrived at the airport in Korea, just as I went to grab my bag another hand snatched it away. “What the hell?” I turned around to look at the thief, expecting to see a beggar like person only to come face to face with a very stylish blonde haired Asian girl. “Um sorry but that’s my bag.” I stayed while reaching to snatch it back. The blonde looked stunned momentarily. “Actually this bag is mine there are only 50 of them in existence and I own the only one in Asia, so maybe you should look closer because this is not a knock off it’s the real deal.” And once again my bag was snatched from my hands. “That’s funny I was just about to tell you the same thing, I got this bag from its creator personally so you don’t have to tell me about its history, so why don’t you go grab some glasses and some manners, and get your paws off my bag.” And with that I snatched my bag back triumphantly. She scowled at me and looked me up and down as I did the same. The blonde was a little taller than me dressed in name brand items from head to toe, and if we had met on different circumstances I’m sure we could have been fashion friends. “Look I don’t have all day so why don’t you just read the tag so we can settle this, the tag will read to Chaerin.” “Wrong it’ll read to Sabrine.” I picked up the tag and read out loud. “TO: my best friend, my one and only fabulous girl Mi Nah.” Just as I finished the bag was once again snatched out of my hand by a wrinkly old anion woman. “My poor lulu did those stupid girls scare you? Its okay mama is here now.” She cooed as she walked away sending me and the blonde a nasty look.  I turned to the blonde who looked at me, and as if on cue we burst out laughing. “Wow who would have thought?” I asked to myself straightening up to see two identical bags coming down the belt. “Oops.” I heard the blonde say, as we both grabbed a bag we checked the tag first. “This one is yours.” I stated as I read the tag and handed over the bag as she handed me mine. “And this one is yours. Sorry about the mix up.” I nodded in response, and with an awkward cough bid her farewell. “Well bye.” It was no more than a day later when I had been out with my mother buying paint, in Itaewon that we had bumped into each other, that we decided to exchange numbers.

“How many times do I have to say I’m sorry?” There was a pause before she spoke again. “I’ll treat you to Starbucks.” “Oh Chae you know I love when you talk caffeinated to me.” There was a chuckle on her end. “So what did I miss?”

 So I told her about my evening, from meeting the Kim’s to my great big box of joy. “So is there son attractive?” Was the only question she asked me? “I guess so if you like the squeaky clean cutesy type, but as you know I like someone with a little more of a challenge to him.”

I heard her nod in agreement, and it was true, while Seokjin was handsome enough he wasn’t anywhere near my type, if we dated I’d brake him in an hour, and there is no fun in that. “That’s why he’s the perfect candidate to teach me Korean, I’m not attracted to him so there will be no problem focusing.” I reasoned.

“Unlike that Namjoon guy you told me about.” “Exactly, but more importantly I’m wearing red tomorrow so don’t wear green.” 5 out of the seven days I’d been here Chaerin and me had been out together, and each time we told each other our wardrobe plans so we wouldn’t clash. “Alright well my man is on the other line so I’ll see you tomorrow?” It was an unnecessary question but I answered it with a quick yup, and just like that we were off the phone. “Well sweet things I do believe it’s time for you to meet my mouth.” As I began demolishing my sweets I flipped through my contacts, looking for someone to text. While most dramas and movies made it seem like people who traveled a lot were lonely, I wasn’t not in the slightest. Most of the people I had met over my years of moving around I still kept in contact with, I never understood why people think just because you move away you have to stop talking to each other. After choosing to talk to a girlfriend of mine from Paris I text her to get on Skype if she was awoke, and after some time I heard the familiar Skype ringtone coming from my laptop, and just like that I spent hours catching up with my friend, falling asleep along the way.