finding arcadia

Unlock the Devil Fourever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* ha minwoo - ZE:A *

*

 

The blue sky, the burning evening sun, chasing after the sleeping sun.
Also today I’m going around, going around, going around,…
….waiting for the continuation of my dream.

It’s so hard to breath that I want to disappear.
The world gnawed at my five senses.

My heart is beating so fast that I have the feeling I’ll dissolve.
No one knows the correct answer.

When I seem to lose it, lend me your heart.
Let’s always grab each other by the hand and move on.
We can make, we can grow an arcadia together . Don’t let go!

I’ll be guided by a meaningless series of coincidences,…
…instead of disturbing despair that’ll always exists.
The way I think of you, who’s all alone,…
…is so much warmer.
It’s so much more amazing!

This feeling, I’m thrilled without fail.
I’m reborn.

 

*

 

"No, you can't do that! Hyuna unnie!"

I sprang up, panting hard, grappling for air, my face soaked and wet, from all the sweating.

"Stupid, why are you yelling?"

"Ki...Kihyun...oppa?" I could hear my own voice trembling. The dream was so vivid, the images was still flashing vaguely, not entirely leaving even though in front of me was Kihyun oppa, looking annoyed.

It had to be a dream.

"Oppa!" I hugged his broad yet skiny frame with all my might. "Oppa, save Hyuna unnie, don't let him touch her, don't let..."

"Yah,...what nonsense are you mumbling?" His large hands lightly patting my back, it wasn't enough to comfort me, I needed more assurance. I tightened my grip even though my hands weren't long enough to be wrapped around Oppa's back entirely.

"Hyuna unnie..." My words died at the sight that greeted me from behind Kihyun oppa's shoulders. Seungah unnie, and...De...no...Jungmin ssi...no...it was supposed to be...Romeo...op...oppa, wasn't it? I'd call him whatever he wanted me to, just so he'd let Hyuna unnie go. Let all of us go.

They're busy arranging plates on the dining table.

"Yah, pabo, why did you sleep on the couch? Because of you, Jungmin couldn't sleep at all because he had no place to sleep." Hearing Kihyun oppa's lazy voice next to my ears, brought me back to realization of his existence next to me. I had forgotten it so quickly. But his voice also made the mentioned person, or rather, disguised creature turned his attention to us, with mild cheery smile that was nothing like last night, well, even the appearance had gone back to the normal disguise.

"Oh, Hyunnie woke up already? It's okay though, Kihyun ssi, I couldn't sleep anyway, so I just sat outside and counted the stars." 

"Yah, pabo. How could you let a guest do that?" Kihyun oppa scolded me softly.

He wasn't even the type to get on a stranger's side so fast even if it was supposed to be normal for him to scold me.

 

"Hyunnie, are you alright? You look so pale." He sounded genuinely concerned. But his acting didn't surprise me anymore. I just didn't know how or what I was supposed to answer him. How on earth would I be alright in this circumstance, and how was I supposed to answer to the very creature who should know every answer better?

"Oppa, where's Hyuna unnie?" Instead of answering to the Devil, I whispered as quietly as possible to Kihyun oppa.

"What was it again?" He answered loudly, making the Devil settled a questioning gaze on us, though I doubt he didn't know it already.

I sighed, and caught glance upon Seungah unnie, who still seemed dispirited and sad. Of course, it was just yesterday that we bid farewell to Hyesung oppa. I already missed him so much, so I could totally understand what Seungah unnie must be feeling. Only that, I couldn't dwell and indulge in my sadness as much as my heart wanted to, because of my condition.

 

The moment Romeo disappeared into the kitchen, I immediately tried to make the most of the small freedom and asked the question once again to Kihyun oppa, with more urgency.

"Uhh, actually I don't know either. She went out before I woke up I guess." He shrugged uneasily.

I sighed. Where could Hyuna unnie went to? Don't tell me she went back to continue work already. Oppa just passed away and now we don't have much time, this was all my fault. I should've begged him to give more time. He was offering it after all.

My fists curled into tight balls, as tight as my determination to save Hyuna unnie, well, I hope my determination would be much more stronger. I couldn't afford to lose anyone again. And now...I couldn't even tell Siwan about it. What do I do?

"Hey, Jungmin...did you see where Hyuna went to?"

Oh, no he didn't ask that Devil...

"Oh, Hyuna ssi...she went to her rented house for awhile to get some things and she said she might drop by at her office to apply for some extra compassionate leaves before coming back here." He smiled straight at me, instead of looking at Kihyun oppa. If I told Kihyun oppa, I bet he would dismiss it and say it looked normal and I was just exaggerating, but to me, the smile looked menacing. It made me feel like he'd be hovering my head, saying out my thoughts aloud, or purring things I didn't want to hear into my ears. I couldn't stay longer inside the house.

"Uhm, oppa, I'm...going out."

"What? Yah, have breakfast first. You haven't even wash yourself. Hyeonrin-ah, don't be so dirty, Hyesung hyung would be sad..."

"Oppa, just...for a short while...I...I'm going to a friend's house. I....I'll be back soon." And I ran out. On my way to the door, I heard the Devil asking if I was going to meet Siwan, but I couldn't stop. I kept running. I knew he'd be even m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter