bargained lust

Unlock the Devil Fourever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

Cold sweat pours out.
A shiver that doesn’t stop. 
With ragged breaths,
tell me that you want me. 

In the mirror, 
you mock me with a laugh. 
I can’t go against you,
your mind crumbles. 

Don’t make me laugh.
It’s just love and hate. 
Breaking into pieces,
your mind crumbles. 

Even if the part of you that’s in pain, 
regrets this, it’s too late. 

I’ll reveal my dangerous reality.
My surging soul will heat up. 
Forcefully,
I’ll swallow everything including your deep darkness.
I’ll steal everything,
including your conscious.

The pleasure of falling while stuck in a nightmare. 
I’ll let you know. Here.
I dare you to look at me with eyes 
full of ecstasy.

"Welcome,"
The angel and devil whisper. 
It doesn’t matter 
if we lose everything. 

*

"Don't tell me you really think that would work."

I knew what was happening once I found my eyelids refusing to flutter closed and shut my viewing from anything and everything I was sure, I had no desire to see. The blanket simply slid down on its own against my hands' grip.

I was forced to face what I did not want to face, what I wanted to run and hide from. That was what happened. The cold, emotionless, bored voice only confirmed it.

I stared, wide eyed because that's the only thing my eyes were left to do.

Come on, I can gain control. He's not God...he's just a devil. What can he do? Come on, eyes...just shut already. My mind chanted, trying to regain control in vain. It's not like there's a different option like running away, anyway. He was leaning against the locked door where Hyesung oppa's working desk's chair had been placed as barricade in my hurry. It might be a silly move, because how could a chair be enough to block the door? But it was the only thing I could grab in the rush. What's sillier though, was the fact that I even had the thought of blocking the door when I should've known the Devil wouldn't be kept out just with a stupid chair behind the door.

"At least you're learning. Even though you always learnt your lesson a little late, after things were done." He kept himself busy checking and playing with his finger...nails? Dusting and scratching them? I glanced at the windor with the very corner of my eyes, knowing it was useless since I was the one who locked it and I doubt I'd have enough time to open it now.

"Is this how you welcome your guest? I'm hurt." He continued, still with the same tone, same position, same action.

 

"You haven't learn that, have you?"

 

"Still not talking? Should we bring in an interesting topic? Like a cute young boy named Siwan?"

What? Now he's interested in Siwan?

"Now, I have some well deserved attention."

If he dared touch or do anything to Siwan...

"I didn't touch Hyesung ssi, or Eunji ssi...or even what's that ugly girl's name again? But they still died anyway. You know the reason?"

I waited. It's not like I could say anything. Not because he didn't let me. But because I was too scared of blurting out the wrong thing. But then again, even without saying anything, he knew.

"All, thanks to you, Hyunrin ssi." He straightened his palms and looked up, like he was finally satisfied with his nails.

"I...I didn't do anything! You killed them!"

"No, I did not. You did it. You agreed to bring back Hyesung ssi to the right path. Turned out that was the right path." He winked and snickered.

"You...you have no right to do this! Stop messing with God and people's lives! Bring them back, you...animal!"

"Look who's talking about God. The very person who allied with the...I didn't remember turning into an animal though." He pretended to examine his hands before tapping his chin in ignorance.

"Stop it! Just...stop it, please...I don't want to play your game anymore."

"Did I ever say this is a game? I thought I made it clear. I'm going to Heaven, and you, you will help to take me there." He finally moved from where he stood, only to sat himself comfortably and proudly on the chair placed at the door, next to where he earlier stood.

"Are you crazy? How are you going to go to Heaven by killing people? It doesn't make sense!"

"I'm not going there by killing people...the only reason they died is because you, you failed to complete your tasks, you didn't protect them."

"Yah! Do you think I'm that stupid to believe that?! You Devil! You're the one who killed them!" I wondered how on Earth nobody heard all my shoutings. Maybe it was just another of the devil's doing.

"If you're not stupid, they wouldn't have to die." He remained calm no matter how I yelled in distress. In fact, this time, he silenced me, even without quarter as much effort I needed to silence him, which didn't work anyway. Even without any harshness in his voice, he manage to make me feel so horrible and filled me to the brim with guilt, for being stupid. Was it all really my fault?

 

"Please..." My head hung down as I was again, made to realize that I am indeed, stupid, and I couldn't think of any other way out, except than to let go my pride as a human, an innocent victim, the one who shouldn't bow down to a devil. After gathering enough courage and strength to hold myself, I crawled down from Hyesung oppa's bed and knelt down, connecting my forehead to the floor, pressing as hard as I could. "...please just don't kill anyone again. I...I'll take you to Heaven. But not through killing. I can't live with this. There has to be other ways to go there. Let's take a better way." The scolding and anger had all but dissolved into merely pleading. At the moment, it was the only method I could think of, that I hadn't tried, even if made my head explode in anger at my ownself, to resort to kneeling and begging to the creature that killed oppa.

"Interesting." He let out a laugh that was so soft, it was barely audible. But I knew he laughed, he found it funny. He was mocking me, for being this pathetic. But I had no choice but to bit back my indignation and remained still.

"Well...stand up."

"Not until you agree."

"Hah." Finally he laughed out without restrain. "Do you think this is a drama scene?"

He was the one who had the Oscar for his amazing acting, not me.

"I suppose, you're pathetic enough, and I could be lenient." That, got my face separated from the floor, as I looked at him in puzzle, wondering what he meant by 'being lenient'. It was then I noticed his eyes were a mix

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter