【 一 】

【新しい始まり】Atarashii Hajimari: Genesis (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Normal - Korean       Bold - English       Italics - Mandarin       Bold Italics - Russian       Blue - Thoughts       Red - Writings 

My name is Valentina Dragomirova. I'm not a human yet I live in Siberia where only humans live. How did I get here? I was raised here. I have no memories of my parents, nor do I have memories of their deaths. The community I live in is not a peaceful and safe one, which is why I chose to disappear and leave my past behind when I discovered valuable information that would have me killed had they known that an outsider like me knew about.

 

♣♥♠♦

 

75 years later, I found myself in South Korea with a "new" identity. I have grown from the young girl I used to be and I've been honing my skills as well as picking up new skills. I had managed to find my real identity before I lost my memories and became Valentina Dragomirova. I now go by my real name, Yana Kwon JiYoung, daughter of a half-Russian woman and a Korean man - not much could be found about my parents though. However, three men who were supposedly my father's blood brothers was my only lead which was what led me here to South Korea after confirming that my findings were in fact true.

 

Looking around the baggage claim area, I saw that there were non-humans around as well as humans. Whether or not the humans knew was none of my concern, all I wanted to do was get to wherever the I was supposed to go in order to be with my father's brothers. Upon stepping out into the arrival hall with my luggage - which only consisted of an oversized duffle bag large enough to hide an adult body - while adjusting my outfit I spotted my best friend and sister ever from my days in Siberia,  Anna Dragomirova - or as she's called now, Amber Josephine Liu.

 

"Valechka! 'Sup!" This was why I clicked relatively easily, she was pretty much like me in that we were not very feminine nor were we human. In fact, she was one of the few people who knew my past seeing as she had the same past I did as we had grown up together in Siberia before she was shipped to South Korea on a mission about a decade before I decided to disappear.

 

"Annochka! Long time huh?" She smirked at my response before tossing me a set of keys and started to lead the way out of the arrival hall. Tucking the keys into my jacket pocket - I knew it was more than just the keys to a motorcycle by the feel of it - I followed her out only to find her leaning against a black Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 Spyder with no motorcycle in sight.

 

"Bike's over at your brand new crib. Which is where we're headed first." She said while opening the passenger side door for me before sauntering over to the driver's side to get in. One of the many reasons why I loved her so much was because we didn't need to talk to know what the other as thinking, all we needed was eye contact or looking at body language or expressions.

 

As soon as we were settled into our seats and I had stuffed my duffle bag into the space in front of me with my feet propped up on top of it, we pulled away from the airport and were speeding down the highway with Notorious BIG's Mo' Money Mo' Problems blaring from the speakers and us bobbing our heads as we rapped and sang along to the song. I looked out the window as the world passed us and was relatively surprised that non-humans were using their abilities around the humans.

 

"Most of the humans here have a thing with our kind. Very few are actually family of those who got turned." I nodded in acknowledgement at Amber's brief explanation and thought back to the times I spent alone after leaving Siberia. I found out that there were three classifications - purebloods, halfbloods and mudbloods - and levels when it comes to the heirarchy of non-humans like me and Amber.

 

The purebloods are considered nobles and referred to those born to non-human parents of a single species like pure Werewolves and whatever. The halfbloods are considered normal citizens and are the result of cross-breeding between non-humans and humans or non-humans of differing species. The mudbloods are considered the lowest level in the hierarchy and are the result of a full-blooded human being turned either willingly or not by a non-human.

 

Seeing as how I spent most of my life fending for myself, developing my abilities on my own and learning to depend mainly on brains and brawn, I could be considered a pure human by the non-humans. But Amber, my father's blood brothers and I knew better than that. On the other hand, it would be fun seeing how much things would change with my introduction into this world.

 

"We're here. Let's go dump your stuff and go meet those old guys." Having been pulled away from my thoughts, I found myself looking out the windshield at a relatively large house that had three garage doors at the side, a flight of stone steps leading to the front door, floor-length windows acted as walls bordered by wood and white-painted concrete and an alfreso deck sitting on top of the garage.

 

"It's all yours, Valechka. Those old guys built this couple years ago and left the designing to me. I know you're not ." To say I was impressed was a complete understatement, I was completely over the moon! From living on the streets during summer to breaking into cars and apartments during winter, this was more than just an upgrade. It was a whole new level altogether!

 

"You're welcome to stay over anytime, Annochka. Anytime you need help just holla' and I'll be there. I owe you at least that much right?" I said while walking towards the front door duffle bag in one hand, keys in the other. The grin on Amber's face couldn't get any bigger than that while she jogged up the steps to keep up with my pace. I couldn't blame her though, I was a head taller than her and had longer legs compared to my relatively short torso.

 

I dumped my duffle bag onto the couch in the lounge as soon as I figured which key was for the front door before heading back out to test out the remote for the garage with Amber trailing behind me with a smirk gracing her lips. The moment the garage door nearest to the steps opened up, I was in pure ecstasy. Sitting there in the dark space was a chrome black Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa.

 

"Like your new baby? Vassochka and Vika helped pick your rides." I was completely floored hearing that two more of my best friends and sisters - Vasilisa and Viktoria Dragomirova - were here after they, too, were shipped here together on a mission a couple decades before I left Siberia. The four of us were inseperable back then and none of us had any memories of our families before everything. I pretty much figured that Father wanted to keep me behind to do all his dirty work. But that's a story for another time.

 

"Let's go meet the old guys. And when that's done, you and I are gonna have a real good talk. Along with Vassochka and Vika." With that, I popped a helmet onto my head and revved up the bike while Amber responded with a laugh and nod before getting into the car and driving off with me right on her tail, leading the way to what I assumed was the school building where I was supposed to meet my father's blood brothers.

 

Minutes later, we both pulled up to a parking lot packed with uniform-clad students arriving from God-knows-where and the moment they saw my bike, it was almost as if someone shone a spotlight down on me as almost everyone had turned to look at me, whispering at each other and some openly asking who I was and what I was doing here but more importantly, why was I with Amber. To that, I assumed Amber was relatively popular in the school.

 

"Annochka, what's with all the staring? They never seen a person before?" I asked when I got off the bike and chose to lean against it while Amber was in her car, windows rolled down slightly to do something in her car, most probably to change - I wouldn't know since her car was so heavily tinted that not even x-ray vision could see through it.

 

"They're not used to seeing new people, Valechka. Community is pretty tight knit around here. You're pretty much an outsider in their eyes. But no worries, you have me, Vassochka and Vika around. Besides, when they find out what you're capable of, you're gonna outrank the three of us." Huh! So the students are taught to fight and . I can do that. Hell! I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. This will be a piece of cake.

 

Turning my abilities on, I decided to just listen in to find out as much as I can about the students that go here. *Foreigner new kid... How does she know Amber? Does she even speak Korean? I bet she's ugly under that helmet.* Oh boy. A bunch of judgemental pricks. I'm not exactly a foreigner if I had been born here but was raised in another country was I? I don't know. Whatever.

 

When I saw Amber's window rolling up shortly before the door opened and she stepped out all decked out in a school uniform that was relatively different-looking as compared to the other students in the parking lot, I chose that moment to take my helmet off and flip my hair around to release any fluffiness it had from being stuffed in a helmet for the duration of the ten minute drive down and the time it took for Amber to get dressed.

 

"Welcome to Saint Nobara Academy, Valechka. Now let's go to those old guys before they start rambling at us for being late when we get there." Amber said while throwing an arm around my waist before leading me away from the parking lot and into the school building where more students openly gawked as Amber and I sauntered through the halls towards what I assumed was the administrative building. Glancing around at the students I knew they had wanted nothing more than to put me in my place.

 

With her arm around my waist, Amber started zipping through the hallways and stopped right outside an office. One of her abilities was hyperspeed which really was handy when it comes to getting to places quickly without having to worry about traffic and like we would if we were in a car. 

 

"Go on. I'll catch you later. You know how to find me." With that she disappeared with her hyperspeed and left me in front of the door. She was right though. I knew how to find her. One of my many skills that kept me in Siberia was tracking. I am and forever will be the best tracker on the planet. No one is immune to my tracking due to one of my many abilities which is so nullify and counter other abilities and skills.

 

With one hand on the doorknob and the other in the pocket of my jeans, I took a deep breath and pushed the door open to find three men seated on the armchairs in front of the fireplace with tea and pastries on the table in the middle and an empty loveseat off to the side. They looked over and smiled upon seeing me before gesturing for me to enter which I did and closed the door behind me before settling down onto the couch.

 

*She's the spitting image of her mother but the aura she emits is the same as Dae's aura.*

 

*You're right, Suk-ah. And I'm sure she inherited more than just that. She's extremely smart too. She managed to find us after so many decades when we thought she had passed on along with Dae and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter