【 十九 】

【新しい始まり】Atarashii Hajimari: Genesis (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Normal - Korean       Bold - English       Italics - Mandarin       Bold Italics - Russian       Blue - Thoughts       Red - Writings       
Gold - Ancient Egyptian

 

Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter~ ^^

【Kai's POV】

"Jiyoungie has been keeping something away from all of you and she's been doing a very good job until recently when more and more challenges got thrown at her. I don't know if you noticed but her powers are starting to get out of control. She has never been able to hide it from me but she never spoke to me about it so I'm not sure if she knows what's going on. But whatever it is that's happening is killing her." It hurt me to say it, let alone think about it; but it was the only way to save my mate - no, our mate.

 

I say our mate because after talking to Nuthang Hyungs along with our parents and the Headmasters, I got a brighter insight on what the prophecy entails. The prophecy goes far deeper than what any of us have been told and they only told me because I was the first to be bonded to Jiyoungie and I had the strongest connection to her. But I don't know if I'm really the only one since the other bonds have been getting stronger.

 

Creepiest thing about it is that the bonds were strengthening according to the bond we had with her when we were younger. Mine is already at what I think was the strongest it could get, Sehun's is catching up, followed by Tao, Lay Hyung, D.O, Chanyeol Hyung, Chen Hyung and Baek Hyung. Luhan Hyung's and Kris Hyung's bonds with her were at a stand still and I figured that maybe it had something to do with the fact that Suho Hyung and Xiumin Hyung had yet to have their bonds restored.

 

"Why isn't it affecting any of us? We're bonded to her, we're bound to feel something going on through the bond... Unless -" Kris Hyung got cut off by Lay Hyung who said, "Neh, Gege. Little One has been blocking the bonds whenever she feels the pain coming on. She can block the bonds but she can't find the heart to block my abilities. Kai can only crack the barrier she puts up but the crack is enough for him to feel her pain and I feel her pain through him."

 

It's like the first week all over again to be honest and I absolutely hate it. She's blocking the bonds so we don't feel her pain and worry over her. Every single time I manage to crack the barrier, I can feel her struggling to rebuild it even through the pain. The pain she's feeling is intense and if I say it's intense while only experiencing a fraction of it through those cracks, then saying she's experiencing excruciating pain would be an understatement.

 

"Why does she do that? Doesn't she trust us at all? What are we here for if she doesn't even want to open up to us?" Baek Hyung growled in frustration and I can tell you that the frustated tension in the library is no joke at all.

 

Before any of us could say anything else Soohyuk Hyung spoke up, "Because she doesn't want any of you to feel the pain she feels. She doesn't want you to suffer the way she's suffering. She doesn't want to hurt any of you because with the pain and suffering comes her past memories. She loathes her past in The Ministry, she would trade her soul to be rid of it. Up to this day, she still sees herself as a monster and she loves and cares about all of you too much to let you see that side of her."

 

"You have glimpsed it before during the tests and that fateful day at the parking lot. But that's only a tiny fraction of how she was in the past. The monster in her craves nothing but to torture, to kill and to see everything painted in blood. That monster is what she was trained and raised to be. She's vowed to never use certain abilities because of it too. But..." Top Hyung took a deep breath and looked at all ten of us. This was the part I was dreading.

 

"She's losing control of her sanity, humanity and rationality. She's losing control over that side of her with every second that ticks by. You can think of that side as the Evil Twin and the side you see on a daily basis as the Good Twin; Yin and Yang, if you will. I also know her control slips when she feels negative emotions." Soohyuk Hyung spoke up and I suddenly felt bad for always arguing with her.

 

"Don't worry, kid. She never had negative emotions whenever you have those Lover's Quarrels. In fact, she feels a sense of warmth and comfort... Which scares me a little and makes me think that she could possibly be a closet-masochist and you man-handling her whenever you have one of your spats seems to give her positive feelings..." Soohyuk Hyung said just before I clearly heard Jiyoungie say, "So what if I'm masochistic?! Someone like me can be submissive too!"

 

That alone made the Hyungs wriggle their eyebrows playfully at me. I swear Jiyoungie really has no filter between her brain and , she just says everything that comes to mind without even thinking about what it could possibly imply.

 

"No, Young Master Wu. She can't hear us nor can she see us, but she's in the library as well. One of my abilities is Hallucikinesis, Illusion Manipulation if you will. Comes in handy when she's not at her full potential yet so she can't break it. She possesses an ability that can render everyone and anyone within a given area, but that ability is one of the many she has vowed never to use again." Top Hyung spoke up.

 

I honestly hated that they addressed us by Young Master; the girls however were completely taken by the seven Hyungs - who the ten of us in the library knew were old enough to be grandparents - and I don't blame any of them for it since they are really good-looking. But what made me think was the fact that Jiyoungie has an entire arsenal of abilities and there are several that she's too traumatized to use again.

 

"Yana has told the Council Members before that her control is tied to the twelve of you. But that's not the full story. We've been watching her from the shadows ever since she was born." Top Hyung was the only one who called her by name though I guess it's due to them being really close; that aside, I didn't know if I should be creeped out that they were watching her or not since it's their job to do it...

 

"What does that have to do with what's going on with her? You're going around in circles, for 's sake!" Kris Hyung practically exploded and Lay Hyung only sighed before saying, "This is where I come in... During that one time at dinner when she tested us, she had scratched Tao's arm. It wasn't a normal scratch at all; took me quite some time to neutralize the dark and destructive energy in the wound before I could close it up."

 

"That energy is what's causing Little One to have small slips in her control because that darkness is more powerful than the light she has in her body. The affectionate side of her comes from us and the evil side of her is who she really is inside. The twelve of us are Yang and she's Yin. She needs all twelve of us to balance out the darkness within her. The longer the twelve of us are around her but not bonded, the more her dark side attacks her light side." Lay Hyung took a breath and looked at us gravely; I knew where he was going with it because I feel it a little what with my bond being the strongest.

 

"She's losing control with us in the same area as her and not fully bonded with her. She's dying because she's refusing to use all her abilities. The abilities she's vowed to never use before are the most powerful of her abilities that have forcefully reached their full potential during her dark past. The twelve of us need to bond to her and reach a high enough level as soon as possible or she'll die; not because of the power eating away at her, but because we have no choice but to kill her." The part I dreaded mos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter