【 十 】

【新しい始まり】Atarashii Hajimari: Genesis (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Normal - Korean       Bold - English       Italics - Mandarin       Bold Italics - Russian       Blue - Thoughts       Red - Writings       Orange - Flashbacks

【Author's POV】

"Welcome back... Why did you laugh when Lay Hyung told you our abilities?" Baekhyun asked, slightly offended that Jay had laughed upon hearing their individual abilities while Jay's mind flooded with information that she lacked, making her eyes widen slightly before it returned back to her usual blank expression which was starting to irritate Kai a little more than it should.

 

"First thing's first... If you don't mind me asking, do you guys think that's all you're capable of?" Jay asked as Kai teleported next to her and motioned for her to stand which she did with a roll of her eyes. Kai then took her place, making Jay roll her eyes again as she sat down on his lap with her legs drapped over the side of the armchair and her feet rested on the side table next to the armchair.

 

"Apart from us being werewolves? Then yeah... That's pretty much what we're capable of." Kris said as he rolled his eyes when Kai wrapped his right arm around Jay's waist and smacked the younger boy on the top of his head with the hardcover book he was holding as he walked past to settle himself down onto the beanbag chair on the floor.

 

"What if I told you that you're not actually werewolves? Would you believe me or call bull?" At that, the guys started laughing at the incredulity at what Jay had implied. 'Not werewolves? That's a good joke...' was what the boys were thinking while they were laughing. But throughout it all, Jay stayed calm and collected as she alread knew this would be the reaction she would get from these boys due to her precognition.

 

"If I was a werewolf, you guys would know right? Because werewolf senses and other poetic crap like that right...?" Jay asked and all twelve boys nodded in confirmation which made her let out a bright smile.

 

"You're clearly not a werewolf... Lone wolves are generally more violent and bloodthirsty than pack wolves like us... And you don't have that werewolf scent..." Suho explained as Jay stood up from her spot on Kai's lap, moving behind the leather couch to pull her pants down a little and said, "You know that wolf you've been trying to find the past week? Yeah... Well watch this..."

 

Soon, Jay's bones cracked and elongated, grew into a snout, her ears elongated and pointed at the ends, her hands and feet turned into paws and her nails grew out and became razor sharp and a vibrant blue-black coat of fur grew from her pores. When here change was over, the boys were stunned shock at the werewolf girl standing in the spot where the human Jay was standing just seconds before. The only clue that the werewolf was Jay was the camisole she was still wearing. Jay's tail swished around behind her as she grinned a wolfy grin, showing her razor sharp teeth.

 

Seconds later, Jay returned back to her human form and pulled her pants back up and went back to her spot on Kai's lap while the boys were still processing what had happened in their minds. Eventually, the guys all let out exclamations of how she did that when she wasn't a werewolf at all and how did she manage to keep her clothes on throughout the entire transformation and why she never said anything about being the werewolf who was roaming the woods.

 

"I'll answer the first question later... I managed to keep my clothes because they're really stretchy and I don't bulk up as much as you guys do when I change plus it's for the sake of modesty... Lastly, I never said anything because you guys never ask... So now do you believe me that you may not be what you think? And to answer your thought, Mr Kim Jongin, my eyes are cobalt blue naturally... They tend to darken or brighten depending on the lighting..." Jay said while patting Kai's cheek as he stared at her wordlessly and the others made hesitant nods.

 

"If we're not werewolves than what are we? We were raised as werewolves, our parents have werewolf forms too..." Kyungsoo asked, his curiosity piqued at the thought of him being a completely different race and at the possibility of an undocumented race and he was a part of it.

 

"What do you know about the history of this world, our world?" Jay questioned just as a few clanging could be heard from the kitchen down the hall. Seconds later, a couple bottles of white wine in a bucket floated in along with thirteen wineglasses which the boys and Jay took before they got filled with wine and set themselves down onto the table empty table next to the left of the fireplace.

 

"We only know what we were taught in school... There are 20 different races, with humans being one of them... There was a time when we all lived together in harmony until the Great Witch Craze started in fifteenth century until the eighteenth century where non-humans had to go into hiding or risk getting tried and executed..." Kyungsoo, being the bookworm and knowledge junkie that he was, spoke up for the boys and Jay nodded her head for him to continue while she sipped on her wine.

 

"There were minor cases during the twelfth and thirteenth centuries where non-humans get tried and executed but it never got as bad as the Great Witch Craze... The one that started it was the Valais Witch Trials of 1424, I think..." Kyungsoo continued only to be cut off before he could continue, "1428, actually... But you're pretty damn accurate... Go ahead..." Jay corrected and took another sip of her wine.

 

"The trails peaked around the 1580's with the large hunts starting around the 1600's... That was around the period where several of our kind started hiding away in mountains, forests and other out-of-reach places to preserve themselves with the help of the King and Queen, your parents... The trials declined around mid-seventeenth century in most of Europe but the trials had spread to other parts to include America." Kyungsoo halted when Jay opened to allow her to speak.

 

"It peaked between 1560 and 1630, large hunts started in 1609... I'm really impressed by how well you know your history... You shall be my new best friend now!" Jay all but announced as Kyungsoo sheepishly took a sip of his wine while the other guys, expecially Kai, shot hard glares at the poor boy only to have Jay growl at them as Kyungsoo smiled in thanks.

 

"The trials peaked again in several areas in the late seventeenth century around 1675... Salem Witch Trails occured between 1692 and 1693 where about twenty people were executed out of the nearly two hundred who were taken in... The executions stopped in eighteenth century when technology increased and the King and Queen finally managed to educate the elites about our kind. But the damage was done and we had formed communities of our own with South Korea being the largest." Kyungsoo ended off as Jay smiled.

 

"Smart boy! You get a free pass to my library any time you want!" At that, Kyungsoo let out a howl of joy as Jay laughed and continued, "On a more serious not, our history goes further back than that... Uhh... I'll have to decipher these first before I can explain more since I'm sure these scrolls hold more information... D.O can help, I have a guide you can use to decipher stuff in that stack of books next to the couch..." Jay pointed to the side of the couch Chen was on and the boy picked up the books to find the one she mentioned before handing it to D.O who looked as if he got a gift from the Heavens.

 

"While he helps me with that, you guys can go back to your reading... Apart from Kris and Tao, you guys don't seem to have a book... You guys wanna help?" Jay inquired as the other nine boys looked around flustered, making Jay laugh.

 

"I'm kidding... Give me a moment... Let me know if you need help, D.O, yeah? I'll go search out some stuff for the other guys to read. Don't follow or I'll experience some major claustrophobia..." Jay said while the boys watched curiously as she walked to the bookshelf on the right of the fireplace and pulled to reveal a tiny hidden library that stunk of old paper and mold which made the boys scrunch their noses up in disgust.

 

"Sorry! I'll just be a minute!" Jay called from somewhere in the hidden library before she reemerged with twelve codices cradled in her arms and closed the entrance behind her with her telekinesis and went back to sitting on Kai's lap with the rest of the codices as she had placed three of the codices on the coffee table along the way, making the guy grunt at the heavy weight pressing down on him.

 

"These are some of my most prized possessions from when I was still in The Ministry. I already started collecting, deciphering, translating and whatever by then and these are the first books that I did... I managed to recreate the original codices and decided to go along with it and put the translated stuff in here..." Jay said proudly as she patted the heavy pile on her tummy, making the boys look at her in awe. "What are they? And why are they so precious that you kept them with all those other smelly books?" Luhan asked.

 

Jay smiled at him in response before saying, "These books are the reason I laughed when I found out your abilities, I really hope you don't blame me for that. Because these contains everything about your abilities and what they can develop into... It also includes some exercises you can do to train your abilities... These are just the first books in the series I collected and translated..." 

 

"I've read them all tons of times already... So I can tell you boys that you're capable of very big things... The people that have been governing this country don't know ... What they're teaching you is just basics, they don't go further because they know nothing... They're also not the real government... Our kind, we're a kingdom... Not a country..." Jay said as she handed the boys a book according to their abilities before she worked on deciphering the hierogylyphs while on Kai's lap with Kyungsoo occasionally turning to her for help when he got stuck in some places.

 

"Oh! Kris, D.O and Tao, don't worry so much. I'll be letting all of you take your books home but be sure to return them in perfect condition... And no one must know about them... As to why is a story for another time... Read. Learn. Practice. If you need help in any aspect, I'm more than willing to help..." Jay said with a bright smile as a pair of black-rimmed glasses materialized on her face.

 

The library was soon overcome by a comforting and tranquil silence which was only disrupted by pages of books turning, occasional coughs and shifting of bodies, the scratching of pen on paper and occasional whispers of D.O and Jay as they deciphered the hieroglyphs together. The boys had gone to different parts of the library to read and silently practice with the exception of Kai who was extremely comfortable with Jay, Kris who was lounging on the beanbag he had claimed and D.O who was helping Jay.

 

"Jay?" Luhan called from the second floor where he was practicing his telekinesis, making Jay stand up and jump next to him as he flinched in shock, still not used to how she can appear and disappear without the black mist that he was used to seeing with Kai's teleportation. "Why is this in here as training for telekinesis?" Luhan pointed out the the exercise to bending the flame of a candle which confused him a little as to why it was there.

 

"You have to sit far from the candle and focus on making the candle flick to the side... Unlike wind, you don't extinguish it at all or make it flicker... Your target is for a solid bend in the flame to one side... Keep working on it and eventually, you'll be able to things like this..." Jay explained with a smile as every thing in the library started floating, including the boys themselves, making the boys panic and Jay laughed as she set them down gently.

 

"Sorry boys!" Jay called out only to recieve grunts and growls in responses bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter