【 十一 】

【新しい始まり】Atarashii Hajimari: Genesis (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Normal - Korean       Bold - English       Italics - Mandarin       Bold Italics - Russian       Blue - Thoughts       Red - Writings       Orange - Flashbacks

【Chen's POV】

Listening to Kai and Jay bicker for those very short minutes was extremely entertaining... It got even more entertaining when Jay literally showed herself to us and chewed on her own arm with those razor-sharp teeth of her which illicited a demand for her to stop hurting herself but her reply had sent us into an outrageous fit of laughter. She just literally told Kai to bite her with an extremely serious tone in her voice.

 

But back to serious business, how the heck does she expect Sehun, Kyungsoo and I to light the char grill?! This is supposed to be Chanyeol's job but that stupid giant is in the kitchen making a cake... Hum... What to do? What to do? Let's see... What makes a fire? Oxygen, heat and fuel. Now let's see... Oxygen, check! Sehun can also blow the wind so the fire gets bigger. Fuel, check! Kyungsoo had gotten the charcoal in the grill along with a few dry leaves and twigs... Which leaves heat... Oh! Lightning generates heat! First thing's first, getting Sehun, Kyungsoo and Yixing Ge away from the grill.

 

"KAI! We need you up he - AHHHHHHHHHHH!" I fell backwards and it became a domino reaction with Sehun at the bottom followed by Kyungsoo and Yixing Ge and then me. Why did I scream? Because Jay decided it was a good idea to suddenly pop up in front of my face with wide open like a stupid jack-in-the-box just as Kai teleported over and Jay disappeared.

 

"Mind taking these three as far away from me as possible? I'm gonna light the grill... Or at least attempt to..." I said just as Kris Hyung flew over and lifted me back onto my feet before picking Yixing Ge up and bringing him over to the tables while Kai was quick to follow with Kyungsoo and Sehun. Now how do I do this? Hmm... Think, Jongdae! Think!

 

Oh! I know! I may not be able to see the clouds, but they're still there! If I can draw the negative ions down, it will attract the positive ions from the ground upwards and create lightning. I looked up at the sky and focused on the ions in the clouds. This is a lot harder than I thought. I'm so used to be able to see all the ions but with the impaired vision I have now, it's much harder to make things work they way I want it to.

 

Okay! Let's try again! Focus, Jongdae! Focus! You can do it! Just picture the sky at night and picture all the ions. As I was doing that with my eyes closed, the most amazing thing happened. A very clear picture of everything appeared in my mind as if there wasn't this pitch-black darkness surrounding me. Letting out a deep breath, I focused on the negative ions of the picture in my mind and made it connect with the exact spot on the charcoal that I wanted and watched as it connected with the positive ions that got drawn out.

 

Hearing whoops and cheers from behind me, I opened my eyes to find that I had managed to light the leaves and twigs on fire. Before long, wind started blowing which fanned the fire and a few chunks of charcoal near the fire I started with my lightning started to heat up and turn red. Daebak! I did it! I actually did it! I never knew I could do something without needing to physically see everything.

 

"Hyung! Chen Hyung! You did it, Hyung!" Sehun called out and I couldn't help but allow a face-splitting grin to adorn my face just as we heard, "Good job, Chen. And right on time too..." Before long, the sound of bells tinkling sounded and the power in the entire house came back on but the darkness had yet to disappear. I guess our hour is up. And we failed to gather up on deck before we timed out.

 

"You boys can move now! Even though you boys on kitchen duty didn't manage to get up here before time's up, I'm still going to give you guys a pass. You guys did a bang up job, you deserve this pass. Besides, I can't expect too much with your current conditions." Jay's voice came from the shadows just as the other guys ran up with wide smiles on their faces upon hearing that she was passing us even if we failed the last part.

 

"I have a question... What's the point of this whole thing?" Lay asked, looking around with his hand raised as if he was in school just as Jay appeared next to him with a smile on her face, "It's to see how well you guys can do when your movements are restricted and your senses are dulled. For Kris, Kai, Lay and Baekhyun, it's for your endurance. Vassochka has most probably told you that I'm a very calculative person. I wanted to see how much you can endure so that I know how much help you'll need with training."

 

She's such a nice person. Even though it hurts me that she's not bonded to me. But I'm really happy for Kai. He got a really incredible woman as his mate. Hell! This woman just showed us that there are others who are more powerful than we are and that our cocky attitude that we're the best will be the one that kills us since we take everything for granted having grown up in the palace. For now, I'm content with her just being around. But for how long will I feel that way? I don't know.

 

♣♥♠♦

 

【Lay's POV】

Watching Jay roll around on the deck with her wolf pups was adorable. She had apologized to Tao earlier for hurting him and I know he has no hard feelings over it since she was doing it as part of a test to see how well we work together as a pack and how much we can deal with. Though I admit that her way of testing isn't exactly ideal, but it works since I had to concentrate really hard to heal when the wound isn't a natural one.

 

"So... I was thinking... Maybe I'll work with you guys according to age... Okay... Not a good idea... Kai's inner wolf just growled in my head... I'll go with Kai first and then go according to age... Does that sound better? You can't have me all for yourself, you stupid playboy! Learn to share! Or I swear to God I will make you wish you were in Hell instead!" Jay exclaimed and I looked up just in time to see her kick Kai in the shin.

 

Heh... They make for an interesting couple... You have Jay who is an independent and domineering woman who can make guys fall at her feet with her beauty and then you have Kai who is domineering man who is also a serial heartbreaker. It's like a cyclone meeting a volcano, two destructive forces coming together to create something out of Clash of the Titans.

 

"You know, you two really need tone down the arguing... It's going to make Jay's first few days of school a little complicated..." Suho spoke up just as Jay got thrown over Kai's shoulder and was kicking her legs around. It's really easy to forget that she's still a female and will lose against us guys in the physical strength department especially with how powerful she is and with the amount of control she has over that power.

 

"Who cares what everyone else thinks? I am who I am and what you see is what you get. They don't like what they see then they sure as are not getting anything from me. Besides, little kids like them are a hundred years too early to try to challenge me." Jay said while hanging out on Kai's shoulder. Looks like she gave up on struggling to get out of it. But before long, she literally started vibrating and fell right through Kai's body and through the deck.

 

"Okay ow! That was a very very stupid move..." Jay said when she reappeared in the chair at the head of the table. What the hell was that? She just literally went through Kai and the deck floor as if they were made of air! "Intangibility... Haven't fully mastered it yet so I tend to fall through everything even when I don't mean on doing it... Comes in handy when trying to get out of prison cells and handcuffs though... But I use Molecular Oscillation for that..."

 

"Prison? Handcuffs? What the hell have you been doing in the past that needs you to be in those places?!" Kris Ge practically demanded from his spot at the grill where he and Chanyeol Hyung were grilling the meat. Seems like his overprotective side is starting show and it's directed towards Jay and I have to admit that I, myself, feel extremely protective of her. Not just because she's my brother's mate, but because I have had an attraction and growing affection towards her ever since we raced that time.

 

"I... I'm not proud of it... But it's what made me the way I am today... It's also what feeds, shelters and clothe me when I ran away from The Ministry... I did all sorts of things illegal. Killing, stealing, kidnapping... You name it, I've most probably done it... I got arrested a lot when I wasn't careful but I always escaped and erased any memories of me before disappearing again." Jay explained in the softest and saddest tone I've ever heard coming from her.

 

"I'm a killing machine through and through... I never had emotions until

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter