【 二十 】

【新しい始まり】Atarashii Hajimari: Genesis (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] ★ Special Chapter #1 ★ [/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]【Valentina's POV】[/CONTENTID2]
[CONTENTID3] What would I give to leave my life in The Ministry behind to go back to my brothers...? I'd give anything for it; my money,  my skills, my abilities, my powers. But the things I can never give in exchange for my freedom is my sanity, my humanity and my emotions. My brothers mean the world to me. No. My brothers are my world. They are the boys I grew up with, the boys I love with all my heart, the boys I welcomed home with a smile, the boys I always waited for. They were my first loves alongside my Daddy; and they will always be my first loves.

But what made me this way...? When did I become so heartless? So cruel? So vicious? So merciless? Why did I end up becoming this way? I don't know. I honestly don't. All I wanted to do was to protect myself, to protect my brothers, my family. They told me that they would kill my brothers if I didn't listen and do as they say and so for years I was subjected to being tortured to obedience and submission and witnessing others being tortured and killed for various reasons. I hated it. I hated that I had to kill my own kind. I know they were because of who I am.

My sanity, my humanity, was on the line and I had to lock my innocence as Yana Valentina Kwon Jiyoung away into my subconsciousness without any memories of my past with my brothers. I, as Valentina Dragomirova, wanted to bear all the pain on my own without damaging my innocence. No one knew anything, but I've always existed inside that tiny girl. I am destruction and chaos while she was pureness and warmth. The perfect combination of both Mommy's and Daddy's powers in one tiny body.

People say I'm nothing but pure evil. But they don't know that inside, I'm just protecting the innocent side of me. I admit that it hurts, it hurts so damn much to hear all those bad stuff being said about me. I'm not emotionless though I may seem like it, I have feelings too. No one knows how hard I fight to protect myself from myself. Every single time my powers were forced to develop on their own without my mates, the little house-like structure within our core where I contain my other side in when I switch between this me and my innocent side cracks and this "evil" side seeps through and taints my innocent side.

I am more of a danger to myself than I am a danger to others because I know when I'm about to break and I can teleport far far away from other people but teleporting doesn't work when it comes to Yana and myself. No matter how far I am from civilization, I always be able to hurt Yana so much more than anyone would think possible. No matter what anyone says, I am her, she is me and we are we; we are one and the same.

So why do I hurt her? I don't. Not intentionally. My powers, my abilities; they were never meant to reach almost full potential on its own. I needed my mates, my brothers, for my powers to reach that level but they had to develop at the same time as I did. My body is but a tiny glass jar that can only be expanded when I am with them. The way my powers were forced to develop on its own causes that tiny glass jar to crack and my control to slip. I may have full control, but the pressure of my powers pressing against the glass jar and seeping through the cracks in the house where I kept little Yana in will kill her; me; us. A slow and painful death.

When we first came to Korea, I hoped and prayed that my mates; my brothers; my family; were still alive and well. The moment I stepped through the gates of St. Nobara Academy, I felt them; the aura they exuded; and I smelled them; the scent that was so familiar to me; the scent of home. And because I was overcome with joy and relief, I released my aura; hoping that they would recognize it and realize that I was home. Even in that little house, I could control my powers. Yana talks to me when she's free and I'm in the house. It's comforting to see that though she hates me for the things I do, she knows that I'm only protecting us.

Seeing KyungKyung Oppa, Panda Gege, Jonginnie Oppa and Sehoney again during that training thing sent me into nirvana. They had grown into the looks they had when we were kids and it was incredible to see them. But I knew from seeing them through Yana's eyes, that they couldn't recognize me, they didn't know who I was. It hurt but I have no one but myself to blame for that. Shortly after Mommy and Daddy were killed, I was awaken due to Yana's heartbreak and feelings of betrayal. I locked all the memories she had and at the same time locked the memories of my brothers and their bonds with me; with her; with us.

The night after that training thing, I finally got to see my mates; my brothers; again in the flesh and God only knows how much I wanted to hug them, cuddle with them and play with them again like we used to when we were kids. It was only through Sehoney that I found out how badly cracked and damage this house is when he said the air around our body was agitated. That agitation was our aura and it wouldn't have been visible to Aerokinetics had my powers not developed on their own.

You know, I want to be nice. But all the "evil" within me has to go somewhere and the only place it can go is into Yana. So I kept it with me. I have to protect her; myself; us; from our own destructive powers. While our body rests, Yana and I would wander around together and I would teach her how to control powers; enough to hurt but never enough to kill instantly. Why? Because Yana is the good one; the nice one; while I'm the bad one; the evil one.

During the tests, I knew Yana was scared. So I asked her to open a window in the house so I could control our power a little bit better. But I regret that now because Yana was terrified at the murderous and crazed feeling I was exuding. I'm not crazy. Nor am I murderous. This is just who I am. It is nothing but the nature that the destructive powers I controlled had.

I was the one who made Yana offer and pour wine into the goblets that night after the test just so I could get closer to my brothers. The other girls were included because I truly saw that they had the potential to be so much stronger and better. Chrystal, Anna and Jessica were included because I wanted to renew the bond we ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter