Chapter Eight

I Know It's Cliché...

Also, in the poster there's kinda a hint to what might be happening in the fic later on, so be prepared c:


"You did what!?" Hyoyeon shrieked, her voice ringing around the SM common room.

"I kissed him~" Baekhyun chirped, a cheeky smile plastered on his face. He wasn't ashamed about the fact he got over Chanyeol quickly nor the fact he went against Kris, he was ecstatic that he worked up the courage to kiss Jongdae, regardless if they had made up or not. The next stage was to get Jongdae to agree to date him and then Baekhyun could say he was happy once again. At the back of the room he heard Chanyeol snigger the word and probably some other degrading words to Jongin, which truthfully caused Baekhyun to shrink inside, but he was determined that Chanyeol wouldn't be able to ruin his perfectly happy life any more. 

The whole room became alive with hushed whispers of excitement and happiness for the vocalist. The group of people were genuinely happy for the boy, considering news about what Chanyeol had done spread like wild fire. Totally not the fault of Victoria. Obviously. There was no real reason as to why SM had gathered in their common room other than the fact they were bored. They all had free periods and decided to spend it together, singing covers of each other's songs and trying to imitate the dance moves. It was fun and it showed the school the SM Family. The dorky family people can't help but love. Aside from their y, cute and maybe even badass concepts each group used every time they brought a new song out, the group of teens really just enjoyed to have fun. 

The party lasted a while, ending with EXO trying to sing and dance to SNSD's Gee. Let it be known that Tao had the hips to do the majority of the dance. And may it be added that Kris obviously shouldn't fill in for Jessica any time soon when it came to singing. Soon after the other groups basically begged them to cover Genie. Needless to say, the 9 boys chosen; Baekhyun, Xiumin, Kris, Tao, Chanyeol, Kai, Lay, Suho and Luhan nailed that song yet again. Everyone paid particular attention to Baekhyun's thighs which happened to be slightly bigger than s and when he did the leg movement, they jiggled slightly, but in a good way. Envious, the girls would scream Baekhyun's name in the fake fan voices they always put on. To make it worse for the singer, the boys who hadn't danced began screaming various things like, "OPPA WE LOVE YOU~!" or "OPPA STOP IT YOU'RE MAKING ME BLUSH~~!". As the song finished everyone clapped for the brave boys and the bell went, signalling the end of the day.  Baekhyun packed his bag and slung it overhis shoulder, ready to go home and get glammed up for his visit to see Jongdae that night. 

As he walked down the long corridor he was flooded by the screams of normal students who loved him more than anything. He smiled at them all, hugged a few, blew the odd kiss - standard stuff really. It wasn't until Victoria caught up with him did he slow his pace and walk casually, "Hey Tori."

Victoria cocked her head as the two of them looked at the doors which they were closing in on, "Tori? That's new. Anyway, you gonna see Jongdae tonight?"

Baekhyun faced her, still walking, with a small grin on his face, "Obviously. Tonight is step two of the How To Make BaekChen Real plan~! Ask him out by buying him a gift."

Victoria's eyes sparkled as she faced him, stepping outside, meeting a lovely blast of cold air, "Oooh, whatcha getting him?"

Baekhyun shrugged, usually Victoria walked home with him as they lived in the same house due to some freak accident that killed Baekhyun's parents a few year ago, "Maybe something from one of the shops?"

The pair lived on a secluded street of Seoul which required one to walk down a busy road full of shops for tourists and whatnot. It was a fabulous way to walk home and there were countless times in which the BaekRia duo would go in and buy various things they needed...or at least, they needed in their eyes. Maybe that giant teddy bear Baekhyun purchased a few weeks ago wasn't completely needed, but hey! Why pass up an adorable massive teddy bear? Of course, Victoria's eyes only sparkled more as they took their shortcut of an alley way, breaking them away from the train of students, "He likes ducks, doesn't he?"

Baekhyun snapped his fingers and bounced slightly, "That's it! I'll get him that cute purple duck we keep on seeing."

"Byun Baekhyun don't make me cry of the amount of feels I'm having."

~

In less than 30 minutes Baekhyun and Victoria had been on a massive shopping spree. What had started out as the duck for Jongdae turned into some flowers for Victoria's mother, some aftershave for her Dad, gifts for each other and then getting a manicure and a facial. 'My nails and hands are so beautiful,' Baekhyun thought to himself as he and Victoria pratically skipped home, a few bags in each hand, 'Being a hand model should so be in my futrue plans.'

As they barged through the door they were greeted by Victoria's mother, "Ahhhh, where have you two been?"

Baekhyun giggled and showed her his hands, "Fabulous es need treats too~!"

Victoria's mother laughed, "Sure they do. You two visiting Jongdae tonight."

"I'm not," Victoria said, placing her bags down on the couch, "Baekkie is - he kissed Jongdae last night and plans to ask that loveable goofball to date him tonight."

Just like her daughter, Victoria's mother loved Baekhyun and Jongdae as a couple and she grinned widely, "You better get him around your arm tonight Byun Baekhyun! Toooooonight!"

"Oh I will. Seduction Prince here, HELLOOOOOOOO~"

~

It was 8pm and nobody had come to visit him. Jongdae sat on the edge of the bed and watched the door with anxious eyes, sighing multiple times. He'd expected at least one person to visit him. Hell, it could've been Chanyeol and he would've been happy. When you spend all day doing nothing, you tend to think more than often. A common thing Jongdae thought about was how useless he was. How he only had a voice and that was it. He was pathetic and didn't deserve Baekhyun as a boyfriend, only a best friend. He even doubted that. He'd force himself to think he deserved Baekhyun. Yeah, that's what he'd do - force himself to do that. He was about to go on about how stupid he was before a singsong voice broke him from his thoughts.

"I MISSED MY CHENNNYYYYYYYYYYY AND I HOPE HE MISSED ME TOOOOOOOO~~~" Baekhyun half screamed, half sung as he pranced into the room. Baekhyun was one of those people who'd probably catch alight if he walked into a homophobic town - he was that flaming.

The two smiled and spent most of their time talking about school and how amazing Baekhyun was today. When the time neared for Baekhyun to go, the older pulled out a small box from his jacket pocket and ed it to the younger, "Open this."

"Why?" Jongdae questioned, raising an eyebrow, "Is it a poisonous sweet?"

"Yes. Because I'd poison you after kissing you last night."

"Good point"

The box was nothing fancy, just a small black box with a tiny bow stuck on the top. Jongdae opened it nervously, it was Baekhyun - anything could be inside. He braced himself for the worst but was happily surprised when he was a purple duck. He grinned and hugged it close to his chest, "Baekkie! I love it!"

To show how much he did love it, Jongdae imitated the duck face (just like in the poster) which sent Baekhyun into a fit of giggles, "Omo Jongdae, you really know how to make me laugh~!"

Jongdae grinned at that, "Thank-you. But, it wasn't needed."

Baekhyun nodded quickly, not accepting Jongdae to doubt it, "Yes it was! Think of it as a...a...er, get well soon present! But, I have one thing to ask."

Jongdae raised an eyebrow, still not taking his eyes away from his mini duck which he had promptly called Baekhyun, "What is it?"

"Kim Jongdae, will you please date me?"

Jongdae looked up with shocked eyes. He thought for a second before opening his mouth, "I-"


YAY CLIFF HANGER. THESE ARE FUN for everyone! me!

BUT YES WE HAVE AN UPDATE ALTHOUGH I SAID TO MYSELF I WOULDN'T DO ONE TODAY.

Sorry if it's rushed at the end, I needed to go somewhere. 

Other than that, subscribe if you're not and comment~!

<3