Chapter Four

I Know It's Cliché...


"I don't want him in SM," Baekhyun said flatly, looking down as if he was ashamed to say it - a contrast to his confident tone.

 

Most turned and faced the light brown haired boy with confused and shocked looks. It was the time where SM got together and decided whether or not Jongdae would become a part of SM and which group he'd belong to. The way in which the voting worked was simple; each group would speak with their leader on their decision, and whichever side got the most votes won. The nicer groups were f(x) and EXO-K, the groups who tended to stand in the middle were SHINee and SNSD and finally, EXO-M was the hardest to vote a yes from - some say it's due to the fact that they only have 5 members when their counterparts have 6. Other says it’s due to the majority in M being immature.

 

"You wanted him in a few days ago," Chanyeol said, a smug smirk forming on his lips.

 

Baekhyun shot him a dirty glare and huffed as if he was too good for everyone there, "Well, I changed my mind. He can't sing and that's that."

 

Taeyeon, essentially the head of the SM leaders due to her group being the longest formed, chuckled slightly, "Well, sorry Baekkie. We've already given him the go sign to come and sung for us. He should be here any time now."

 

Victoria smiled to herself as she anticipated the singing of the mysterious boy she had sat by. There was a small rasping knock at the door and Taeyeon cleared , "Come in~"

 

Jongdae walked in sheepishly, dragging his feet along with heavy footsteps. He was nervous, to say the least. Nervous about singing; nervous to face Baekhyun again. He allowed himself to give the people in the room a small smile as he waited to be told what to do. Taeyeon coughed and smiled back at Jongdae, "Right. So what'll happen is, we'll tell you which group you're in once you've sung for us and we've voted. It’’s as simple as that."

 

 

Jongdae nodded slowly, each word seeming to mean more to him than it should've, "Right."

 

Suho smiled slightly as he raised his head to look at the awkward boy, "What're you gonna sing for us?"

 

Jongdae scratched the back of his neck as he tried to recall what song he had picked, "A, er...Korean cover of the song Clarity..."

 

 

Amber from f(x) clapped her hands, "Oooh that song is powerful. I hope your vocals are up for it."

 

'Oh they are,' Baekhyun thought to himself, not being able to take his eyes off the boy he had shut out for all the wrong reasons, 'He's gonna get in and it'll be a curse within a blessing.'

 

 

The music began to play and Jongdae stood there waiting for his cue. He fixed his eyes on the ticking clock at the back of the class, wishing it would speed up so he could essentially go through time and miss out on the pain of actually having to sing for the first time for an audience since his old school. On the cue he blocked everything out and focused on the beat of the song. He began to sing the words with as much power and emotion as he could manage. He hit the higher notes with ease and added in some tasteful ones when he felt they were needed. He was showing them why he was talked about in his old school. He was proving the point Baekhyun had made about his singing being breathtaking. After he had finished the room remained silent for a short while, many of the teens there still in awe at his vocals.

​All the leaders grinned at each other and Taeyeon flashed the grin at Jongdae, "Welcome to SM, you're in EXO; specifically EXO-M."

Kris did a small woot of victory as Jongdae sat down beside him and the two conversed in some basic Mandarin. Grins and smiles were exchanged around the room and even Baekhyun sighed a little in relief   After the formalities of welding omit Jongdae into SM had been completed Taeyeon coughed, "Does anyone need to see anyone? If so, just call them back while we're leaving and congrats again Jongdae."

As everyone filed out of the room, Baekhyun felt someone grabbing his arm. He turned back to see Victoria glaring down at him, "What did you do or say to Jongdae?"

Baekhyun decided to play it cool, "I don't  know what you're talking about."

Victoria sighed, "You reduced him to tears so let me guess. Chanyeol dumped you and you blames Jongdae when really Chanyeol has been cheating  on you all this time."

Baekhyun began to tremble with guilt, "I-I need to apologise and get him back..."

"Why?"

"Because I-I think I love him."

 

 

 
 
Sorr for any mistakes I'm on my phone xD I'll fix the layout tomorrow too~! Comment please as I love to read them :3 ALSO NEXT UPDATE WILL BE REALLY LONG AS THIS ONE IS SO SHORT OK
 
EDIT AS OF 13TH MARCH: I fixed the layout and yeah :3 Next update soon~!