Chapter Seventeen

I Know It's Cliché...


Sojung walked into school hand-in-hand with her boyfriend Kevin. The two were from unpopular companies, however their groups were increasingly popular. She smiled and stayed close to his side. She was smiling until she heard some girls talking about Baekhyun and how he and Chanyeol had gotten back together. She furrowed her eyebrows and turned to Kevin, "Did you hear that?

Kevin looks confused as he continued to walk down to Class B, "Hear what?"

"About Baekhyun and Chanyeol."

"Oh, that. I didn't hear it but apparently they're back together," Kevin shrugged.

Sojung sighed, "Save me a seat in class."

~

Sojung scanned the corridor for the person she was looking for and she had that look of determination that showed she wasn't in the mood to be messed around with. At the end of the hall the person she wanted, Baekhyun, was leaning against his locker as he spoke to Sehun or Luhan. One of the two - Sojung didn't really care, they were both funny and charming.

Whoever it was must've said something to Baekhyun because when Sojung came close he turned and flashed her a confused look, "Hey Sojung, what'd you want?"

Sojung simply glared down, or rather up, at her cousin, "We need to talk."

Sehun chuckled, "See ya later Baek. Good to see you So."

Sojung smiled at Sehun, "You too Hun. Oh Ashley told me to tell you that you and Luhan've got the table you wanted in the restaurant."

Sehun punched the air happily, "Oh yeah!"

Sojung kept smiling until Sehun went out of sight. She then glanced back at Baek, "When did you plan on telling me?"

Baekhyun tilted his head slightly, "Tell you what?"

"That you and Chanyeol date again."

"Oh that," Baekhyun said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "I was gonna tell you."

"When? I mean, the staff knew before I did. I'd be less pissed off if I didn't hear people talking about it as soon as I came in. What happened between you and Jongdae? I thought Chanyeol hated you? How could you date him after what he did to me? To you?"

Baekhyun shrugged, dismissing the questions with a wave of a hand, "Forgive and forget. It's my life Sojung, not yours."

Sojung smirked and coughed, "Yeah because if it was my life I'd have some control over who I and leave."

She stopped talking abruptly and placed a hand over , "Oops."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "Petty. But how's things going with that guy you were seeing? Ken or something."

"It's not Ken," Sojung grumbled, "I date Kevin. You know, U-Kiss guy? Makes a good Jessica Jung."

Baekhyun nodded, "Oooooh. You know, I don't really care right now, I was just asking so I seemed like a good cousin."

Sojung smiled fakely, her words dripping with venom, "I hope you see Chanyeol for what he really is. If, and when, he changes who you are, don't expect me or Jongdae for that matter to come running back to you, because you would've pushed us away. Bye Baek."

Baekhyun watched as his cousin turned around and walked away, a slight spring in her step. He glanced back into his locker where a mirror was hung in the back and stared at his reflection. Was he going to change? Would Chanyeol really have that effect on him? He sighed and walked to Class A, not thinking anything of the younger and taller until some arms hugged him from behind. Baekhyun gulped down some screams he wanted to project out and giggled, "Yeollie stop~"

Chanyeol, also coughing away some gags, smiled stupidly and nuzzled his face into Baekhyun's hair, "No Baekkie, why should I when you're so adorable?"

Baekhyun let out a giggle again when he saw Jongdae and Kris coming around the corner, hands linked and giggling like girls. Baekhyun watched as Jongdae pressed himself into Kris' side and relaxed when his boyfriend's warmth reached him. Jongdae, who was previously looking at the ground looked up and his and Baekhyun's eyes met. He smiled awkwardly and looked down again before dragging Kris into the classroom. Baekhyun could've sworn he saw some sadness in the brown orbs that captivated him so much. As he walked with Chanyeol trailing behind him like a puppy, he thought about what Kyungsoo had told him the night before, about how a large reason Jongdae broke up with him was due to him thinking Baekhyun still liked Chanyeol. Baekhyun facepalmed mentally as he realised he probably just confirmed the younger's suspicions and destroyed any chances of getting back with him. 

~

Jongdae was the last one in the changing rooms at the end of the day. Unlike most of the boys he had stayed behind to get some extra exercise in. By exercise, I mean he punched the living daylights out of a punching bag, releasing all his feelings. Feelings over Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kris. He slung his hoodie on and grabbed his bag. He was about to leave when someone tapped on his shoulder lightly. He turned and got ready to smile, "What'd you want?"

His smile became sheepish when Baekhyun smiled shyly, "Hey Chenny."

"Baekkie."

The two remained in silence until Baekhyun coughed, "How're you and a Kris getting along?"

Jongdae smiled slightly, a small blush creeping across his face, "We're going great, we've got a date this weekend. How're you and Ch-. Him doing?"

Baekhyun looked away, "We're going fi- Who am I kidding? I hate it. I'm only using him to get back with you."

Jongdae blinked a few times and sighed, "We promised though."

Baekhyun looked at Jongdae again with pleading eyes, "There has to be a way I can prove to you that I want you and only you. Jongdae there has to be."

"Baek...I."

"Please Jongdae."

Jongdae breathed in and shook his head, "I'm dating Kris and you're dating Chanyeol, it'd be wrong."

"Jongdae."

Jongdae turned and exhaled slowly, "See you tomorrow Baek."