Chapter Five

I Know It's Cliché...

This gif was too good to miss xD (I'm sure this'll link into the chapter somehow :PPPP)


Victoria allowed herself to snigger slightly, "Next joke please."

Baekhyun shook his head quite quickly and whimpered slightly, "I'm being s-serious."

Internally, Victoria's mind was going in overdrive due to the amount of BaekChen feels she was experiencing however on the outside she remained cool and collected, a contrast to her usual bubbly self, "If you say you do...prove it."

Baekhyun's ears pricked at this and he raised an eyebrow, "How do you propose I do so?"

Victoria shrugged, "What do you feel like when he sings?"

Baekhyun looked down and smiled slightly, a small rose hue forming on his cheeks - much to Victoria's fan-girl senses - and he chuckled slightly, "I feel like nothing else in the world matters because he sings so beautifully he has that effect. Even just now I hoped he got in, and now he's in I can't describe how I feel...oh god, I really messed up, didn't I?"

Victoria sighed and nodded, "Yeah you did Baek, you messed up good."

Baekhyun looked up at the dancer and smiled cutely, "I know~! I'll go and hug him from behind and tell him how sorry I am~~!"

As Baekhyun went to run out of the door a gruff voice from behind stopped him, "Go out that door and I'll make sure you won't be able to walk for a week."

Baekhyun turned around to see Kris sitting in a chair in the corner of the room with a determined expression on his face. Hadn't he left with the others? Baekhyun watched in semi-fear as the Chinese dragon sauntered across the room until he was behind Baekhyun, effectively making a Victoria-Baekhyun-Kris sandwich. 

"Kris-hyung~! What're you still doing here?" Baekhyun asked, putting on a mask of cuteness to hide his growing fear if he continued to disobey the other leader of EXO.

"Making sure you don't hurt any of my members in EXO-M," Kris replied, glaring Baekhyun down, "It's Chanyeol's fault, and probably to some extent your own, that he cheated on you...but to blame it on poor Jongdae? Shame on you Baek, you're meant to be one of the nicer ones in EXO."

Baekhyun nodded his head fearfully, the mask slipping away with each and every movement of Kris' tongue, "I-I am!"

Victoria laughed softly, not in a way that made Baekhyun feel the way he did with Kris, but more of a way that made him question of he was one of the nicest, considering he did what he did to his best friend, "Then why make him cry and wonder where he went wrong? Explain that Baekhyun."

"I-I don't know! It was the shock....yeah, it was the shock of it all," Baekhyun replied, shrinking down to sit cross-legged on the floor, in a hopeful attempt that his cuteness would distract the two Chinese leaders.

"Surely then Baek," Kris said, now walking over to Victoria's side, "You'd keep him close to you."

Baekhyun stood up quickly, seeing the exit being free now, "Alright, alright. I messed up and I'm sorry. Just tell me what you want me to do and I'll go do it."

Victoria and Kris smiled in unison, "Prove to us that you really are sorry. Until then, you can't speak to Jongdae."

Baekhyun's mouth open wide, ready to protest before he stopped himself. If he was ever going to have a shot at making BaekChen real, he was going to have to play by the rules set by the leaders, "Fine."

As he walked out, Kris smirked and shouted, "If you so much breathe on him you'll find out why Tao limps around everywhere~!"

~

The evening of Friday night had been a fun one for Jongdae and his mother - the two celebrated his acceptance into SM by going out and buying quite a considerable amount of cookies, ice-cream tubs and Starbucks drinks to have their own celebration at home. The two laughed over jokes they had heard recently, gossiped over whatever sparked their interest and talked about the upcoming K-Pop groups. Of course, the evening wasn't complete without Mrs Kim's very famous 'I told you so~!' speech, which of course caused Jongdae to groan and cover his ears as his mother laughed. They loved the relationship they had, it paid off when tough times happened. 

Speaking of tough times, on the Saturday it was revealed that Jongdae's father had been having an affair for the past 5 years. The news hit Mrs Kim hard and it got to the point where she refused to leave the bed, meaning Jongdae had to make her meals and bring them up to her - not that neither of them complained and Mrs Kim always told her son how grateful and lucky she was to have a son like him. Along with that basic news, it was revealed that his father's girlfriend - also a high ranking woman in the business industry - had bought the house Jongdae and his mother had moved from and that she and his father lived there. His father then revealed he had moved them away from Busan so he could spend more time with his younger girl. Worst of all, Mr Kim had said that he wasn't even sure that Jongdae's older brother was his - he had apparently paid a look-a-like to go on dates with Mrs Kim. To round off the news, it was said that Jongdae's older brother was lost at sea, not that Mrs Kim truthfully minded - she had disowned him as soon as he spoke ill-mindedly about Jongdae's homouality. 

Any happiness that had lingered from the Friday before had been away from the house quickly. It had seemed as if Mr Kim still had Jongdae in his interests and would often call throughout the day to explain himself and apologise in the hope that Jongdae would forgive him. Each time, Jongdae would tell him to piss off and would hang up. Ah, the family love of a father who didn't even show up to your birthday for the past 3 years.

It was on the Sunday that Jongdae had snapped for the first time in years. He hated his father for what he did to his mother, he hated himself for letting it happen and he hated school for causing extra pressure. He decided to scream, " THIS," and run out of his house, ignoring his mother's shouts for him to return. Where he was going, he didn't know, all he knew was that he had to get to a place where he could think and calm down. 

Since he didn't really know the neighbourhood that well, he took the chance up to explore his surroundings. Instantly he noticed a considerably large group of trees, or as large as it got in Seoul's neighbourhoods, and decided to run their for his refuge in the hell hole he called his life at that particular moment. He ran across the road when he stopped and looked up, marvelling at the largeness of the oak trees with the few cherry blossoms here and there. There was a sudden screech, and the last thing Jongdae remembered was a crash and a sudden wave of pain with singsong shouts of terror.


YES I GOT TO USE THE GIF holla at me 

if you hate me for this idc :33333

AT LEAST BAEKHYUN IS COMING TO HIS SENSES RIGHT?????

But yeah, sorry for the length for this (it ik)

Also, sorry if the last part of the previous chapter was rushed - my phone was dying and yeah xD

BUT ENJOY THIS CHAPTER YO