Chapter Fourteen

I Know It's Cliché...


Those belonging to SM huddled in a fairly large crowd in the SM common room, the lights dimmed and everyone with a hushed breath. The room was almost completely obsured by the darkness, only the faint outlines of certain pieces of furniature could be seen and maybe the odd streamer hanging from the roof of the room here and there. Due to the hushed breaths of those in SM, the room was quiet and the emotion of excitement was a definate feeling in the room. They sat and waited in anticipation for Baekhyun to bring his boyfriend into the room, the party he hadn't been allowed to plan. 

~

"Come ooooon Chenny," Baekhyun whimpered as they lined up to get lunch.

Jongdae shrugged as he moved the tray along the rail until he was met with another lunch lady who piled rice onto his place, "I don't know Baek, I mean, I just got back and I'm expected to go to the common room already?"

Baekhyun sighed, rolling his eyes and tugging on Jongdae's sleeve, "Why not? I mean, the rest of SM not in our class would want to see you, you know."

Jongdae turned to his boyfriend as he walked to the dessert section, "And? I'm sure they could survive another day - I mean, I'm not that special."

Baekhyun shot a playful, yet serious glare at the younger, "Well you are, meaning, once you've eaten what you've got, you're going to the common room, whether you like it not. I command it as your oppa."

Jongdae sighed and furrowed his eyebrows, "You're seriously not letting this, go, are you?"

Baekhyun giggled as he shook his head, "Nope!"

Jongdae groaned as he paid for his lunch and proceeded to take out some tubs from his bag, "Help me put the food in here then, considering I'll probably have to eat it at home."

"Yay~ You're actually going," Baekhyun chirped as he help Jongdae pile the food into the different coloured containers. 

After they were done, Baekhyun took Jongdae's hand - much to the excitement of the students, male and female alike - and led him to the SM common room. As they walked, students and teachers congratulated them and smiled and wanted to take pictures, much to Jongdae's annoyance and embarrassment. When they neared the common room, Baekhyun moved his hands to Jongdae's eyes to cover them as he stepped behind the younger, "Don't peek."

"I don't know if you can tell or not Baek, but I can't exactly see."

~

"SURPRISE~ WELCOME BACK JONGDAE," screamed random shouts of the members of SM. A few voices Jongdae could recognise, like Taemin's, Kyungsoo's and Victoria's. As his eyes were uncovered his face broke out into a massive smile as he laughed in a swirling mixture of embarrassment, happiness and gratitude. 

There were vibrant pinks streamed across the already salmon-tinted walls, since SM's colour was pink, which at first did hurt a person's eyes and caused them to squint to adjust to the new colours. 

The rest of the day, since the majority of SM had a free lessons, was spent with chats on how Jongdae was recovering and how he was enjoying being a part of EXO since nobody really had the chance to ask him when he had first been accepted. Although he loved the day, Jongdae did feel as if something was missing. He couldn't exactly pin what the thing that was missing was, but he knew the day wouldn't be the same without it. It wasn't until Baekhyun walked him home did he realise what it was - Baekhyun telling him words he wanted to hear. 

As they stood idly on the doorstep of Jongdae' house Baekhyun smiled as he played with his boyfriend's hair.

"You know something Chenny?" He said, his voice indicating love.

"What?" Jongdae replied, his face blushing softly from the affection Baekhyun was displaying.

"You're really perfect, you know that? Amazingly perfect in every single way."

Jongdae's blush darkened and he quickly pecked Baekhyun on the lips, "I need to go in, my mom might get worried about me otherwise."

Baekhyun nodded and walked away, a slight spring in his step since he had admitted something he had been feeling since the two had began dating.

~

Closing the door, Jongdae sighed in frustration. He was confused, big time. Part of him was completely happy with dating Baekhyun, thought he was incredibly deserving of the boy and he shouldn't be doubting himself. Yet, the other side of him, a considerably larger part, kept on thinking that Baekhyun would be better off without him, better of with a different boyfriend. Maybe they would end up like Kyungsoo, Jongin and Chanyeol. They'd date but Baekhyun would realise he loved Chanyeol more. 

Sadly, the last thing was true. Jongdae thought that Baekhyun was in love with Chanyeol, and although he loved the older, he would need to let him make up his mind. 

"It feels rushed," He muttered to himself as he led on his bed, "I'll put things on hold with him, just so he can decide what he wants. Yeah, that's what I'll do."


I'M SO SO SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTERS.

THE NEXT ONE WILL BE MASSIVE I SWEAR, OKAY, MASSIVE LIKE I'LL TRY AND MAKE IT 2000 WORDS+ IF I NEED TO.

Hope you all enjoy this chapter <3