Chapter Seven

I Know It's Cliché...


After a week Jongdae remained in hospital and Baekhyun continued to visit him every night despite what the Chinese leaders had said. Each night Jongdae would show a different sign of recovery - from squirming slightly in his sleep, breathing returning to a normal pace until finally, on the final day of the week, he opened his eyes and woke up. Of course, this news went around the school quickly and most of SM rejoiced that their newest main vocal was returning soon. The leaders of The Big Five of SM - Taeyeon, Onew, Victoria, Suho and Kris - had pestered the hospital for a release date and once they got it, they began to plan a massive party for the vocalist. Baekhyun seemed eager to join in the planning, but the leaders had strictly told him it was Leader Only planning. He knew this was a lie as he saw Jongin, Taemin and Yuri go in and out of the planning room, with smiles on their faces and decorations that would be kept away until they were needed. He huffed when the leaders told him no, and he huffed at the back of Class A whilst an English lesson was going on. Beside him sat Jang Wooyoung, one of the members of 2PM and a paticular favourite tormentor of his who smirked at the shorter boy, "Awwww, what's bothering you?"

Baekhyun turned away, "Yah! As if you care."

Wooyoung never passed up an oppurtunity to torment people, so he smiled sweetly and moved closer to Baekhyun, "Baekhyun-ah. I always care. You see, we populars need to stick together."

Baekhyun turned to face Wooyoung quickly and gave him a glare. Despite the fact he looked nice and sweet, Baekhyun gave rather good death stares, "More like SM stick together and JYP stick together. Just because Yoona and Taecyeon were close doesn't mean SM and JYP are now best buddies."

Unknown to Baekhyun, he had been huffing over the whole party thing for most of the lesson and when the bell went that signalled the end of the day, he surprised himself. He smiled sweetly at Wooyoung and stuck his tongue out, "Bye~!"

It was Wooyoung's turn to huff as he stomped out of the room. Baekhyun packed his bag and began to make his own way home when he was stopped by someone dragging his arm. He turned his head to see Victoria, her eyes fixed upon his, expelling the emotions of anger and happiness. As she dragged him to the SM common room, Baekhyun pleaded with the older in pain, "Yah! Noona your grip is too tight! And, do you have an obsession with dragging people by the arms? What's wrong with saying something like 'hey I need to speak to you'?"

"Shut up Baek or Kris'll hear us."

That shut Baekhyun right up. As they walked into the light pink room, Victoria sat herself and Baekhyun on the couch in the back of the room. It was hidden quite well so if someone was to walk in, they'd have to look directly in front of the couch before they would see the pair. Victoria smiled sweetly at Baekhyun, "Have you been visiting Jongdae in hospital?"

Baekhyun shook his head, "No of co-"

"No! Wait don't answer that since I know you've been going," Victoria said, her smile widening.

Baekhyun sighed, "Fine. I went, but, why're you so happy about it? Oh wait...Are you gonna tell Kris-Hyung and is he going to me like he s Tao? I mean, I know Chanyeol was my boyfriend but he was gentle and-!"

Victoria laughed and clapped her hands, "Oh my. Byun Baekhyun you really are something! But no, I'm not going to tell Kris. If you must know, I find it adorable that you and Jongdae are close, in fact, I like it more than BaekYeol."

Baekhyun felt his cheeks heat up and he smiled gratefully at the older. No matter how scary Victoria seemed, she was always there for Baekhyun. After all, when he was new she showed him around, "T-Thanks."

Victoria moved her hair from one shoulder to another as she crossed her legs, "So tell me, what do you do when you go and see Jongdae?"

Baekhyun blinked a few times, "Excuse me?"

"I need information Baek! You can't go wrong flirting with Jongdae and not tell me about it! I'm one of your best friends for crying out loud!"

Baekhyun giggled at Victoria's impatience, "Fine. I tend to apologise a lot for the whole yelling thing. And it almost always ends with me kissing either his cheek, forehead, hand or lips."

Victoria squealed in happiness, "Omo! That is too cute. Tell ya what, I'll take you with me when I go see him tonight. I told Mrs Kim to take the evening off."

Baekhyun nodded eagerly in agreement. And with that, the pair went home to prepare for that night.

~

"It's too cold to go outside Mr Kim," A Doctor said, blocking the exit of Jongdae's room.

Jongdae scowled, "So? I need to get used to the cold, right? Why don't I start now."

"I understand it's boring Mr Kim, I really do. But until you've recovered fully we can't take any risks."

Jongdae turned, having previously been looking out of the window with sad eyes, "What risks? It's not like I'm going back to Busan. I just want to go to the front of the hospital so I can see my school. Is that so bad?"

The Doctor sighed in frustration, "No Mr Kim, no it is not. What is bad that although there were no major injuries that happened to you in the intial collision, there are some chances that you could have some weakness in your legs. It's fine if you're walking around your room, but long distances may prove to be hard for you."

Jongdae growled slightly and walked over and sat on his bed, "I feel trapped."

The Doctor nodded her head slowly, "I know Mr Kim, believe me, I do. But sitting here and complaining about it isn't going to help. As far as I know, Victoria? I think her name is, is coming to visit you later on...so maybe we could take you down shower and get you clean."

Jongdae nodded and the Doctor left him alone again. He was trapped in the small room with one window. The cords and cables had come off but it didn't make the feeling of being strained go away or be dimmed down. He was trapped there and he hated it. Maybe if....no. If Baekhyun came to visit him it would only make it worse. Baekhyun hated him and nothing would change that. He growled to himself again and decided that getting some sleep would be good so then Victoria's visit would be worth while. 

~

In the evening Victoria took confident strolls up to Jongdae's room which was located near the end of the hospital, facing away from the school. Behind her, Baekhyun trailed nervously after he heard Jongdae was awake. 

Victoria turned to Baekhyun, "Just be calm. Apologise and make up. I want to see BaekChen happen you know."

Baekhyun laughed nervously as they soon entered Jongdae's room. His nervous smile turned into a sweet one, the same one he had used when he went over to Jongdae's house for the first time.

Jongdae smiled warmly at Victoria, since Baekhyun still hadn't entered the dimly lit room, "Hey Victoria how're yo-"

Baekhyun stepped into the room and both pairs of eyes fell on him. He used his training of being a popular person to not show he was terrified inside. He bowed at Jongdae and gave him a goofy grin, "Hey Chenny~!"

Jongdae gave Baekhyun a cold, merciless glare, "What're you doing here?"

Baekhyun's grin faltered and he pretended to look confused, "What do you mean?"

"You hate me."

Baekhyun shook his head, his playful persona crumbling fast. He ran to the side of Jongdae and went on his knees in an act of begging for forgiveness, "Please Jongdae. I'm sorry. Okay? I'm really, really, really sorry. It was my fault, or Chanyeol's and I was an idiot. Truthfully you're one of the best things to have happened to me and I can't believe I just threw it away like that an-"

Baekhyun was stopped by Jongdae and Victoria laughing. Jongdae turned to Victoria and smirked, "You weren't kidding! He really is sorry."

Victoria smiled warmly at the two of them, "I never tell a lie~! Plus, soul mates are meant to stay together."

Both of the males blushed at the use of the phrase 'soul mates' but shrugged it off. 

~

The night was spent filled with laughter and jokes. Jongdae and Baekhyun caught up on stuff the former had missed before it was time to go.

"Awwww, do you really have to leave?" Jongdae whimpered, wearing an adorable pout.

Victoria nodded, "Afraid so pabo. We'll be back tomorrow, don't worry."

Jongdae rolled his eyes and chirped, "You better be. Bye Noona~ Bye Baekkie~"

The two smiled and said goodbye before Baekhyun decided to risk it. He had to do it now. He told Victoria to wait there as he raced back into Jongdae's room. Jongdae looked up with a confused look on his face, "Baekkie? What'r-"

Jongdae was interrupted by Baekhyun crashing his lips against his own. The kiss was quick and passionate filled. When it was over, Baekhyun smiled awkward and raced out of the room just as fast as he had entered, even passing Victoria, screaming, "I JUST KISSED KIM JONGDAE~! TAKE THAT PEOPLE WHO SAID I'D NEVER FIND LOVE AGAIN."

Victoria was internally squealing and it didn't help that soon Jongdae was shouting, "OMO. I WAS KISSED BY BYUN BAEKHYUN. VICTORIA TELL HER I'M GONNA FIND LOVE OKAY."

Victoria laughed to herself, muttering under her breath, "Oh, what lovely friends I have."


SO BAEKCHEN ANYONE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Side note: I've published two more stories (both because I'd forget the plot otherwise). One's a BaekYeol fanfic (Little Dysfunctional Me) and the other is a Chen/Sojung one (Cold Blooded Killer). Go check them out if you can~!

Anyway, finally. BaekChen is here.

TILL THE NEXT UPDATE <3<3<3