Chapter Twenty Five

I Know It's Cliché...

It'd been six months since Jongdae and Baekhyun began to date for the second time. As did the last time the couple generating a large amount of gossip between the students at their school, support somewhat stronger than last time. During this time the couple had become closer and knew every single quirk about each other, spending most of their time together if they could - when apart they texted constantly so they were never out of touch. At school the pair acted more like best friends who had known each other their whole lives, whereas when they were anywhere else they acted like a couple full of love, full of trust and all other emotions connected. Of course, the six months had been filled with drama, pain, sadness and difficulties, however it'd seem that Jongdae and Baekhyun would always find a way past it and grow from the pains.

The experience of having dinner at Baekhyun's grandmother's was one that the two would hold close to them - she had told them that although her generation would frown upon them, disown them and so forth, she supported them, told them that as long as Baekhyun was happy then she too would be happy. She even went so far to claim that if anyone gave them any trouble to tell them to go to her and that she'd defend them. This made the two young males smile - the woman's humour was funny in itself but they knew the thought was there.

Once a week or so they'd go back to Victoria's home and spend some time with her and her family. Like Baekhyun's grandmother, Victoria's parents supported them and upon learning from Victoria about shipping and the couple name of BaekChen, they gladly went around saying how they 'shipped BaekChen', even adding in some 'I will go down with this ship' here and there. Victoria liked to praise them on their devotion to each other and how they remain loyal to their feelings even in the roughest times they faced. Victoria acted like their elder sister and although neither would openly admit it (Jongdae might to get on her good side), both enjoyed her comforting words and her seemingly endless knowledge.

On this particular night at Victoria's, Jongdae and Baekhyun sat opposite each other at the table, giggling and throwing glances here and there. Victoria watched them and laughed to herself as she sat down beside Jongdae. The patriach of the Song family took his respective end at the table and the group of four began to talk as they waited for their routine of eating dinner to begin. If the meal was a western one or western inspired, everyone would marvel at how Ms.Song found it or how she managed to make it. After that, the actual eating of the food would begin, talking still going on, until dinner had been finished and they moved to the living section of the apartment and enjoy what was left of the evening. If the mean was an Asian one the same events would unfold, but the interest of how she made it wasn't there.

As the four of them heard Ms.Song still clatter away in the kitchen area there was a knock at the door. Due to Mr.Song's high influence in Chinese markets and some Korean the three teens had been told to always let him answer the door in case it was someone who was coming in about a business oppurtunity. As Mr.Song excused himself from the table to answer the door the trio of teens talked among themselves about how the homework they had gotten was boring and that they wished their teacher would give them something more interesting to do. Due to their curious personalities, they often tried their best to listen to what was being said in the corridor along. There was a usual tone among them; something formal but firm and they all seemed to have the same monotone voice that sounded like they wished they were somewhere else and not talking to a major CEO. This man, however, seem to have a deep voice, much deeper than any of the other ones but not deep enough that he sounded like he was in his forties. The trio could guess he was in his twenties as, coupled with the deepness, he spoke with more formality to Mr.Song, his senior. After deciding that this was all the information they could get, Victoria, Jongdae and Baekhyun slumped back in their chairs and waited for the food to arrive. 

There was a silence in the apartment for a few more minutes before Mr.Song reappeared from around the hall and smiled at Jongdae, "Jongdae? This man claims he's here to see you."

Jongdae's head pricked up, as did Victoria's and Baekhyun's, to the corner of the hallway, anticipating who the visitor was. His mother never usually came around - opting to text him or ring the Song's. From the corner emerged a tall man, definately in his early to mid twenties with a skin complexion in the middle of pale and tanned evenly. He had almost jet black hair combed back to make a somewhat presentable hairstyle for formal occasions and he wore a dark blue suit with a red tie, the material of these things showing off how lavish of a life he led. He had full cheeks and a prominent jawline - a combination that made his beauty obvious. When he smiled slightly he looked a lot younger than he did with a straight face. The smile itself was directed at Jongdae, "Hello Jongdae-ah."

Victoria and Baekhyun noticed how Jongdae had paled quickly and how his demeanor was slowly shifting to that of a lost puppy. They watched as he bowed slightly and forced a smile, "Hello Taewon-hyung. Fancy seeing you here."

This time it was Victoria who paled, sensing the fear Jongdae was experiencing, she slipped her hand under the table and held one of his - squeezing it softly so he knew she was there. She felt him relax somewhat as this Taewon laughed, "I was wondering what happened to you. I mean, after you left Busan we never kept in touch. Fancy seeing you here in Seoul, specifically in Mr.Song's house."

Jongdae continued to force a smile, "Well, I'm good friends with Mr.Song's daughter, Victoria." He motioned to the aforementioned beside him who smiled shyly and bowed to the tall male.

Mr.Song clapped his hands and nodded, "Ah yes, Jongdae is pleasant young man to be around, he's a good influence on Victoria here."

Taewon laughed again and nodded, "He was back in Busan as well, I guess things never change, do they Jongdae?"

Although to the other's in the apartment they would assume that Taewon was referencing to Jongdae's attitude, Jongdae knew that the older was referring to the fact that he had another boyfriend - he could feel it in Taewon's dark eyes as they spoke. To not cause too much attention to the situation, Jongdae's smile grew wider, "Well, Taewon-hyung, you know they say - everyone has their preferences."

There was a certain flare in Taewon's eyes that screamed that he wasn't pleased with Jongdae's answer. Jongdae could tell because Taewon sighed and ran his hands down his suit as if he was smoothing out any creases despite there not being any. The older man just smiled and walked towards Jongdae and handed him a small piece of paper with an address on it with a phone number, "I'd love it if we met up some time Jongdae - I miss your company."

With that, he bowed to those in the room, said a hasty goodbye and excused himself from the apartment, closing the door behind him. Mr.Song smiled at Jongdae, "How do you know him?"

"He's a friend, an old friend from Busan."

Victoria, again, squeezed Jongdae's hand ever so slightly.


I'm thinking of ending this story soon, in a couple of more chapters c: 

I hope you enjoy this chapter c:

As always, I love comments/subscribers and upvotes c:

Until the next chapter~